Glenview Terrace Nursing Center

Reviews of Glenview Terrace Nursing Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Glenview Terrace Nursing Center

March 12, 2014

By Pat77487950

My mom wound up in Glenview Terrace nursing home. We chose this one because when I went there, there were a lot of things happening and I like that. They also had a really good rating from the state whenever they're tested. However, my mom's room is terrible. Everybody has a wheelchair there and because their rooms are narrow, you can't get around in them. There are no plugs on the wall where the TV is, yet there are two plugs behind the bed, but you can't plug anything into it. Mom's lucky enough to have a window though. Regarding the staff, I can't understand them. They're all from a certain area in India. Some of them don't speak English at all. My mom communicates with one lady that she likes but you can tell she couldn't care less what mom's saying. Mom doesn't know that because she has a little trouble seeing. So they don't really care to communicate with their patients. With regard to activities, they put her in with people who are not too good mentally and physically. So mom has no one to talk to there. They have bingo but she didn't even go to bingo because she says everyone is sleeping. With regards to food, sometimes they look okay. However, when I went there for their Christmas Day dinner, they gave them some warmed up macaroni and cheese and a couple of zucchinis. They put too much milk that you couldn't even taste the cheese and the zucchinis were so overheated so many times. It was terrible. Also I wanted mom out of that dining room and put her on the other side where she could talk to people. They also don't have transportation service. You have to get your own transportation. I would suggest that the staff, even though maybe patients don't understand them, to look at them in the eyes and really try to connect with them more. They should try to make their food a little more special for the holidays and they should try to make their rooms a little bit homier.

August 29, 2013

By Helen27

My husband had been at Glenview Terrace and I liked the place. The staff was very nice. The social workers were darlings and the physical therapists were wonderful. But one thing that irritated me was the nurses were never available whenever I needed to ask them about my husband's situation. I would have to look for them. All they do was dispensed medication and they were never there when you needed them. There had basic activities like watching TV and ball games. But my husband was not interested with them.

October 29, 2012

By pkstardust

Usually places like this have a negative stigma attached. But my Mom loved being there and quite honestly they had great facilities. The mood was always upbeat in the place everytime i visited . Food was good and place was very clean. The staff was quite nice and always accommodating. It was a pleasure all around for my mother and for the visitors.

June 22, 2011

By BevDivision

I was given the opportunity to visit the assisted living facility one summer with a friend who had a relative residing there. When I first entered the facility, we headed straight to my friend's relative's room after being directed by the front desk clerk. The staff seemed friendly. The room was clean and simple. He was watching some television while eating his lunch. Shortly after, we joined him for a group exercise activity where we gathered in the main common area room. There were about 15 people participating in the group activity. We did some stretching, throwing around a yoga ball and other activities. The staff who helped with these activities seemed very friendly and eager. But there were other residents who were not able to participate sit alone in their rooms. I passed by some rooms and saw one man calling out for his mother. It was quite sad as I knew his mother has been long gone. That was probably the hardest part of the visit for me. Overall, I enjoyed spending time with them. I would definitely do it again.

Services and Amenities of Glenview Terrace Nursing Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2018

About Glenview Terrace Nursing Center

Glenview Terrace Nursing Center is a senior living provider in Glenview, Illinois that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Glenview Terrace Nursing Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Glenview Terrace Nursing Center