Elm Brook Hlth C & Rehab Ctre

Elm Brook Hlth C & Rehab Ctre (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Elm Brook Hlth C & Rehab Ctre

Nursing Home Reviews for Elm Brook Hlth C & Rehab Ctre

January 06, 2015

I visited Elm Brook. When I first walked in there, it seemed nice, and the people were nice, but when I walked around the corner and saw a lot of elderly people sitting in wheelchairs sleeping, I kind of had a creepy feeling. As for their staff, I don't think they're professional at all. In fact, because of one of their mistakes, I ended up hurting myself. They had my client pull up her leg to try to put her in bed, and she came flying back at me. As a result of this, I had a bulging disc in my neck, and I haven't worked since. Their food was mediocre. It was not very good. My client complained a lot about it.

April 29, 2014

By Frank24

My wife was in the hospital, and then she had to go to Elm Brook for nine months. The old administrator was terrible. I don't recommend that place for anybody. I've gotten into quite a few arguments with the staff there. I brought my lawyer in, and it seemed to cool everything down. The food was terrible. When they give you hotdogs 3 times a week, there's something wrong. As far as cleaning, they were cleaned every day, there was no problem there. That building is so old, and they have a problem with their plumbing. The toilets kept getting clogged. My wife broke her shoulder and her nose, and she fractured her hip when she fell. They didn't get the therapy for her until three months after she was in there, and they were supposed to do it immediately. That was another thing that was really upsetting to me. She had four nurses that were taking care of her. I don't know if it was from me screaming and yelling, but the nursing staff was wonderful.

December 27, 2012

By JustDavid

Everything else is good about Elm Brook Health and Rehab. The only thing is my mom's in a room with three other women. I prefer that there is at least two or just one roommate, not just alone.

January 11, 2012

By Caring201973

I didn't like this place all that much. Residents seem to spend a lot of time sitting in the hallways with nothing to do. The CNAs in particular didn't seem too happy and there was some grumbling among them. The facility has an institutionalized feeling and is shabby. The sitting room is adequate, but there are not many decorations or pictures on the walls. The receptionist was nice and helpful. The rooms have two and sometimes more beds, although you can have a private room. The nicest part of the facility is the basement where there is a sitting area and a beauty shop. For the most part the nurses seem helpful and caring. It is easy to park here with a large parking area in the back. Every floor has an activity area. This facility does take medicaid and has a diverse population.

Services and Amenities of Elm Brook Hlth C & Rehab Ctre

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2019

About Elm Brook Hlth C & Rehab Ctre

Elm Brook Hlth C & Rehab Ctre is a senior living provider in Elmhurst, Illinois that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Elm Brook Hlth C & Rehab Ctre for more details on services and rates.

Map of Elm Brook Hlth C & Rehab Ctre