ManorCare Health Services-Elk Grove Village

Reviews of ManorCare Health Services-Elk Grove Village

Nursing Home Reviews for ManorCare Health Services-Elk Grove Village

August 27, 2012

By MarySmith1

I liked this facility the only down side was the facility was very restrictive on where the residents could and could not go. There was certain times they were allowed outside or in the shared areas. Having a very opinionated and independent grandmother this facility was definitely not an option for my grandmother. The staff was very nice and the facility was clean. The meals were taken in a shared dining room with other guests which gave them time to socialize and not be stuck in their rooms. The director seemed very unacknowledged when we toured. He didn't seem very friendly or welcoming. I also didn't like that the receptionist wasn't their at night. If someone tried to leave it may go unnoticed until the alarm sounded. I know an elderly person can't go very far fast but it still bothered me. That if she really wanted to leave she had an opporunity.

April 11, 2012

By Skap217

My grandmother has stayed at this facility on multiple occasions. Her first stay was when she had her hip replacement. The staff is always friendly and welcoming. The center is fairly large with multiple wings and appears to have various areas targeted for people with various types of special care. From what I have seen the facility is extremely clean. My grandmother doesn't speak any English but she was still comfortable during her stay there. She said the nurses would check on her quite often and she didn't feel neglected. I have toured the facility mostly because of my curiosity but the physical therapy rehab center was quite large and had multiple types of equipment. My grandma has needed knee and hip replacement so she has been in the facility because we have not had full time care givers at our home to watch for her. There are ample amounts of windows to allow adequate natural lighting into the facility and individual rooms. Each bedside had its individual televisions and lighting which also makes it easy for residents who have mobility issues.

December 12, 2011

By Social Wk Care Mngr

Though Manorcare is a corporate chain, there is a nice home-like feel in this facility. The short term rehab program is also well regarded and staffed well from a therapy perspective. It is situated in a quiet residential neighborhood. There are a couple of smaller outdoor areas that families use to socialize that are pleasant and bright. There are also several common areas which are not huge but work for most visits. The rooms are average sized and the majority are shared. Space for furniture, personal items or storage is typcial of most facilities, meaning it is limited. The food is prepared on-site and above average in appearance and quality. Many staff here have longer than average tenure and the result is investment in their jobs and kind and compassionate care for residents.

About ManorCare Health Services-Elk Grove Village

ManorCare Health Services-Elk Grove Village is a senior living provider in Elk Grove Village, Illinois that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact ManorCare Health Services-Elk Grove Village for more details on services and rates.

Map of ManorCare Health Services-Elk Grove Village