Heritage Manor - Elgin

Reviews of Heritage Manor - Elgin

Nursing Home Reviews for Heritage Manor - Elgin

December 11, 2012

By Doris3

Make sure to not visit on a birthday to see the real way things are done there. We got sold because we saw a birthday. Patients are allowed to wander the halls and go into anyone's room. My mother's glasses were stolen by another patient. My mom was not able to sit up on her own and they left her sitting slumped over in her chair with her chin on her knees from when they put her in the tv room (and she could not see) until my sister and I got there in the early afternoon. They were not checking if she could swallow and I found her with food in her mouth that she could not swallow. She had an exception DNR-do not resuscitate if to do so would mean she was kept alive with machines. The administrators told us about doing this. Yet, when my mom passed they did not do anything to attempt to revive her-all they saw was the DNR. Now, some of the people there were wonderful-her physical therapist cried when she found out that my mom had died. Otherwise, I would never recommend this nursing home.

About Heritage Manor - Elgin

Heritage Manor - Elgin is a senior living provider in Elgin, Illinois that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Heritage Manor - Elgin for more details on services and rates.

Map of Heritage Manor - Elgin