Village Woods

Reviews of Village Woods

Assisted Living Reviews for Village Woods

November 14, 2016

By NB548852

We're very happy with Village Woods where my mom is. It is set on a beautiful golf course which is a beautiful setting. There are 24 hour surveillance cameras and security, excellent Christian caring environment, and more activities than I have seen at 16 other homes. There's Bingo and scenic tours where they go to different towns and they learn the history of a town, and when they come back on the bus, they provide them with ice cream or dessert, free of charge. They have three delicious, balanced home-made meals a day, they have Bunco, volleyball with a big blow up ball so they could be sitting in their transport chairs, all kinds of parties like a Fall party in the afternoon, shuffleboard, cards, Jeopardy!, church service on Sunday nights, and hymn singing on Tuesday nights. They can go to the dining room to eat. It was a Holiday Inn, so it’s a beautiful hotel setting for the dining area, it's very reasonable for guests to come in to have dinner, and there are multiple choices for dinner. It's just a very, warm caring environment, and they have a lot of socialization in the lobby and coffee and conversation in the evening. It's just a multitude of things, and there are about 4 things every day for them to do. They have live entertainment come in on Thursday afternoons, be it an organist, singers or puppet show from a church in the area, and they had someone come in and play the flute and sing. They have a swimming pool and exercise programs; all this is included in your monthly fee, and there are no extras. You have to see it to believe it. You walk in there, and you feel the warmth. Every caretaker there has a warmth about them, and you'll see them hugging the residents. They have a gift shop, it's all-volunteer, and it's wonderful. They take care of you, and they do more than just service you. What more can you ask for? In your golden years, it's such a blessing. It's amazing, and it's the best.

Wow, thank you so much for such a detailed and positive review! For us, this is a confirmation that all our staff are serving from their hearts. It means a lot to us that you are able to sense this throughout the building. Thank you for posting!

May 10, 2016

By DianeNOQSQ

My step-siblings found Village Woods for my parents, who have lived there for two weeks now. It is nice. We love the place. The Village Woods was once a hotel, so they have rooms for two and four people. My parents have two adjoining rooms, so they have two bathrooms, one bedroom, and one living room with an open passageway between. My only complaint is that they have the old hotel furnace in there. They do multiple outside trips during the week and there are different denominational church services that are offered to the people. They celebrate birthdays of those folks that live in the facility. I think the activities are going to be just fine for my parents. The facilities are clean, the staff is very attentive to the elderly, and the food selection is very well rounded.

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to write a review! We’re happy to hear that your family loves Village Woods! We’re very proud of the staff we have in each department, who do a great job of making everyone feel welcome. We hope that your parents enjoy their suite, and that they always feel at home here!

Independent Living Reviews for Village Woods

Photos of Village Woods

About Village Woods

Village Woods is retirement townhomes, independent living apartments, and assisted living services -- all on one beautiful campus! Our townhomes offer vibrant community in a gorgeous setting. Our independent living apartments combine convenience and safety. And our assisted living options offer peace of mind for the whole family. Call to see what we can do for you!

Map of Village Woods