St James Manor & Villa

Assisted Living Reviews for St James Manor & Villa

Nursing Home Reviews for St James Manor & Villa

July 22, 2016

By GFunny58

I was looking for a place for my mother after she fell and broke her hip. I drive by St James and stopped in to get information when her doctor said she was going to need therapy. I was impressed with the look of the facilities and also that it didn't have a nursing home smell. My mother is 96 years old and can be a pistol. She wanted to go home the first day but the administrator met with her and got her to calm down and agree to stay the night. He was very patient with her and asked her a lot of questions about what happened to her and what she would do when she got back home. He explained to her that if she did her part in therapy, then everyone on the staff would do their part to see that she would be able to get back to her home. She was there for 6 weeks and I was amazed at her transformation from the day she got there until the day when she left. She was walking with a cane by the time she left, she had her favorite nurses or aides that she called by their name and she said she might want to come back and visit sometime. All of this from a lady who is not always the friendliest person in the world. Thank you St. James for the great care you provided for my mom!

July 19, 2016

By kjhd1977

Other

This place is absolutely horrible. My grandfather was here for six months and every single time I stopped by there was an issue. He was unclean, hungry, had bed sores- the support staff has an excuse every single time! Save your elderly family member - do not let them move in here.

February 24, 2014

By rksinc

This review is for the "skilled" nursing section. The assisted living section was wonderful, with wonderful people. Our dad was doing pretty well in the assisted living and then had to move to skilled due to concerns from falling. They let him sit 24/7 in a wheelchair, unbelted or secured and he fell out of his chair. In the course of one month, he had to be hospitalized twice due to severe dehydration, resulting in organ and heart damage, and he died from the second episode of severe dehydration. He had terrible sores on his behind/scrotum and severe edema in his legs which was never treated. When we would visit him, he was sitting in a dirty diaper without clothes because they were all filthy in his closet stored in plastic bags. No dignity given to an alert WWII veteran. While in the hospital, they found a broken clavicle with the bones separated. He went from a vibrant old guy with great mental abilities to an unresponsive guy with over 40 lbs of weight loss and severe dehydration in a matter of one month. The severe dehydration sent him into uncontrolled atrial fibrillation, low blood pressure, and organ damage. He was unable to recover.

December 29, 2013

By Randy9

Grandma is at St. James Manor. This facility is close to my house. They do a good job on taking care of her and they are very polite. They would let me know whatever happens. Some of the staff were a little slow, but I don’t think it’s a problem. I'm happy with the service. She is in a shared room right now. My grandma is a picky eater and complaints just about everything, but I think the food is fine.

October 13, 2011

By lharvey

St. James Manor have a great facility. It is a friendly and cozy atmosphere which is great for the residents. Also, the residents are allowed to interact with each other all the time and they have a number of daily activities to keep them occupied. These activities include, going to baseball games, playing games, exercising, and even going to the salon. Another thing that I like about St. James Manor is their location. It is the suburbs that is surrounded by grass land, meaning residents can go sit on the porch without the disturbance of loud sounds.Besides that, the staff are also great. They are friendly and care for the residents a lot. They only want the best for them.

Services and Amenities of St James Manor & Villa

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Individual
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2018

About St James Manor & Villa

St James Manor & Villa is a senior living provider in Crete, Illinois that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact St James Manor & Villa for more details on services and rates.

Map of St James Manor & Villa