Cedarhurst of Collinsville

Reviews of Cedarhurst of Collinsville

Assisted Living Reviews for Cedarhurst of Collinsville

April 08, 2019

By Carol

I went to Cedarhurst of Collinsville. It was nice, it was clean, the people seemed friendly, and I could actually see it from my house. However, my mother needed memory care, it was on the third floor, and she needed to take the elevator to the first floor, or to steps, which she couldn’t do with a walker. I think that riding on an elevator would be confusing for her. If you were there for assisted living, that would be fine. The only place that was open was on the third floor, and I didn’t like that.

August 31, 2018

By Keith

I’m staying at Cedarhurst of Collinsville. It’s very nice, the people are very accommodating, they go out of their way to make sure you’re comfortable, it’s a very safe and warm environment, like being home. The room is spacious, clean, and very well done. The food is very good.

Keith, thank you for sharing your positive experience! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident, and are pleased to hear that you are enjoying your experience. We are honored to have you as a resident and your kind words mean so much to us. Have a great day!

November 01, 2016

By Esther563704

The Cedarhurst of Collinsville is beautiful and very efficient, and it is where I would want my parents to go to if they would go to assisted living. They showed me a studio and a one-bedroom apartment, and they were beautiful. They were getting some of the people together to take them on a bus trip somewhere. I did see people in the activity room doing puzzles, playing games, and reading. Their dining area was big, very nice, very clean, and there were plenty of things left out like fresh fruits or drinks if people wanted it throughout the day. There was plenty of areas for them to walk around, and I was very impressed with the whole facility.

June 28, 2016

By Terri311807

Cedarhurst of Collinsville was really great. Everybody was really happy playing games, and the price was really good. The only thing is there was an empty, ugly lot in front of it, and they don't have a lot of grassy area. The studio room seemed pretty large and nice. The lady who showed us around was really nice. The layout seemed to be OK and did not seem really crowded. There were a lot of people out doing things, so that was good.

August 31, 2015

By Ames Iowa

Cedarhurst was very nice. It had a beautiful entrance. The people I spoke with were very helpful. They answered my questions. It looked like that was going to be where my brother is going to go, but unfortunately he has taken a turn for the worse, and he is in the hospital right now. However, the place was very nice, it was very clean, and the people were very helpful. It looked like a very nice place, and I would like to have placed my brother and his fiancée there, but we couldn't do it.

November 29, 2014

By Sherry40

Cedarhurst of Collinsville has memory care available when and if my mother gets to the Alzheimer's level of her memory issue. They will move her up to the top floor, and the room would be similar to what she has now. Their staff seems to care about the residents, and they are always looking out for them. Every month they've got something going on. They've got activities all the time. They have their nails painted, and they do little auctions and play games. A lot of them would just play cards; they'd meet up with each other and play cards in the living room area or in the dining hall. They've got something planned on the calendar every day, and they do special things for their birthdays like they brought my mom balloons and she wasn't feeling well on her birthday, so they went out, bought her whatever she wanted, and brought it back to her. They have people come in and entertain them, they have movie nights with popcorn -- just all kinds of different things. She is becoming more acclimated and more willing to do things. She can have as much privacy as she wants. Normally, they'd come by her room to remind her that it is time for dinner, and if she needs assistance, they will take her down there. But if she is feeling ill, they will bring her food, and they don't normally do that because they want to encourage the people to move and get down to the dining hall and socialize.

October 22, 2014

By Sarah33

We found Cedarhurst for my grandmother. It’s a studio apartment with a window and a kitchenette. There is a refrigerator and a microwave. The food is great. The staff is wonderful. They have all kinds of activities. They have Wii bowling, and they have free manicures and pedicures.

April 22, 2014

The director at Cedarhurst was very knowledgeable, and we liked her a lot. The facility was very nice, but it was very large. It had around 100 residents and two floors, not just one floor. Otherwise, the amenities and everything is very comparable. The rooms were very nice.

Thanks so much for the kind words about Kari, our Executive Director. She is indeed very knowledgeable and has a passion for service.

While it may seem to be a big community during your first visit, there are actually only 51 Assisted Living apartments at Cedarhurst of Collinsville, along with a memory care neighborhood with room for 20 residents.

After moving in, people very quickly find that the size of Cedarhurst is one of its greatest assets. It is large enough to have wonderful amenities and common spaces, and to allow residents to find their group of special friends. On the other hand, it is small enough to be a close-knit community where everyone knows and looks out for each other.

We hope you will visit again, or even consider a short term stay to get a better feel for whether this size is a good fit for you.

February 04, 2014

By My Lottery

I am the daughter and primary caregiver for my mother. In 2011 after searching for the perfect place, I moved my mother here. She wanted to be on her own and I wanted her safe. After spending her life caring for everybody else, it was now time to be herself. Who would have thought that a senior could grow as much as she has here. I wanted to be a bigger part of this community. After much talking and asking I put in an application and was hired. This is my personal lottery in life. I love what I see in the care here and I love being here everyday to be part of the community.

February 04, 2014

By Reed H

My experience with Cedarhurst of Collinsville, and particularly Kim, is exceptional. When I was looking for a memory care facility for my mom, Kim gave me a competent tour of the facility, explained all the benefits and services provided, and made me feel like this would be a good home for my mother. I felt like she would be safe and well cared for in a setting that would provide her the best attention I could find. Kim then followed up with me on a regular basis, providing valuable information that I couldn't have found on my own.

August 11, 2013

By NML

While making the decision to move a parent into assisted living is difficult, the staff at Cedarhurst made the transition as seamless as possible. The caregivers and staff are friendly and responsive and it is obvious they really know and care about the residents.

May 28, 2013

By Dallas Wilmes

Toured this assisted living community for my mother and was extremely impress by the care giver staff. I walked away feeling like this is the right senior living center for mom and we toured many.

Memory Care Reviews for Cedarhurst of Collinsville

Photos of Cedarhurst of Collinsville

Services and Amenities of Cedarhurst of Collinsville

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Yes

About Cedarhurst of Collinsville

Collinsville, IL is home to the world’s largest ketchup bottle and is the horseradish capital of the world. Despite these impressive features, many of our residents might argue that Cedarhurst of Collinsville is the true gem of the community.

With 51 assisted living apartments and 20 residences equipped for memory care services, Cedarhurst of Collinsville is specifically designed with the best interests of our residents in mind. Individualized care plans are created for each individual based on his or her needs. That way the value of your days spent in the Cedarhurst of Collinsville community is as outstanding as possible.

Cedarhurst of Collinsville is more than just a place to live — it’s a thriving community. We have scheduled group and individual activities to foster fun, friendship, independence, and enjoyment among our residents, but also encourage people to make their own experiences based on their passions and dreams.

Assisted Living

Three home-cooked meals a day, maintenance and housekeeping staff at your disposal, private independent living in a gorgeous space, and as much enjoyment as you can handle, as well as expert care to complete daily tasks that may have become more challenging with age.

Memory Care

A completely customized experience for those who may be suffering from memory loss. From daily individual therapy and support to group activities and exercises, we have specifically designated memory care apartment spaces to meet your unique needs.

Family Involvement

It’s up to our residents how much they’d like their family to be involved in their lives at Cedarhurst. All of our activities throughout the day are open to family members and friends. We welcome the feedback from a resident’s personal support network about what experiences would be most valuable for an individual and we are more than willing to partner with a family caregiver for certain services when it benefits our residents.

Every member of the Cedarhurst team cherishes the people they serve and the care they provide. Our work is approached with love.

Map of Cedarhurst of Collinsville