Villa

Reviews of Villa

Assisted Living Reviews for Villa

May 24, 2016

By Tammy214363

We got my mom into an assisted living, and she is doing well at Villa. They take very, very good care of the residents. My mom is dressed, bathed, and taken to the restroom. Her care is very good. They have a list of full activities scheduled and an activity director. They do a lot and did a Kentucky derby party. They have exercise classes, bingo, and movies, and lots of different activities, more than my mom can actually go to. I’m very pleased with their level of activities, and it is a beautiful, brand-new community.

May 09, 2016

By concernedoffspring

The jury is still out on Villa for my family. I will update this review by adding or subtracting stars, depending on how well or badly our current problem is resolved. We moved our father in recently after getting a very favorable initial impression of Dee (the director) and the facility. Dee assured us they would be able to care for our dad at any level of care from fairly independent living "all the way to end of life," which we appreciated. Wanda and Vickie were extremely professional and kind on move-in day, but the move-in process was quite disorganized. They didn't even have a wheelchair to move him from my car into his room; I had to wheel him in on the seat of his old walker, which took quite a while and wore him out. Wanda took the time to hear my concerns and suggestions about how to deal with his erratic emotions, and the night nurse, Fontella, was fabulous. The second night after he moved in, Fontella had him driven to the hospital after noticing declining oxygen levels and other symptoms. He has been there since then but is ready for rehab now, which The Villa had told us they provide, but Dee told us they can't accommodate him. We were quite upset by her unprofessional and accusatory tone with us after having been impressed with her professionalism and no-nonsense attitude when we were considering moving our dad in. She didn't say why they couldn't take him back for rehab until we pressed the issue, reminding her that she had said they could provide any level of care he needed. When pressed, she said if we bought him a hospital bed and a recliner (and a wheelchair), they could provide rehab services. We'll see. I'll update this review in the coming weeks.

February 10, 2016

By Tina43

My relative will be moving to the Villa at the end of this month. It seems like it is going to be a perfect fit for her as the staff there really looks after the residents. It seems like a resident-first type of thing as far as the programs go. I think the staff tries to make it more like a home and makes the residents a part of that. The staff actually wants to know about the individual person, and they cater to the residents. Everything is brand-new. They have one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. She has a very nice view. The place is located not too far from us. It is just a mile from our home. She has plenty of closet space. Downsizing for her was difficult, but she is actually starting to take ownership and is buying new things for the place. That makes it a lot easier. It was a difficult change in her life, but she has accepted it as something to look forward to instead of something to dread.

Costs for Villa

• Coffee Shop
  • Golf
  • General Store
  • Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Movie Theater, Chapel, Bistro, Private Dining Room, Valet Services, Concierge Services, Putting Green, Shuffle Board, Pet Friendly, Two Ponds, Walking Paths, Event Planner

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Financial Guidance Extra: Long Term Health Insurance Assistance

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Licenses: Illinois Pending

About Villa

52 Independent Assisted Living Community located in Champagin, Illinois. Efficiency, 1 Bedroom or 2 Bedroom with patio option. Spacious Closets. Resident Choice Dining, Restaurant Dining, Culinary Staff, Wine and Cocktails, Large Menu, Bistro All Day, Room Service, Private Dining Room (reservations) Guest Meals Available. Utilities, Wi-Fi, Cable Television, Telephone, High -Speed Internet. all included in Base Rent.

No Community Fee. PET FRIENDLY. Event Planner, Concierge Services, Valet Services. All meals, laundry, housekeeping, snacks, cable T.V., Wi-Fi, High Speed Internet, Telephone all included in base rent. Heated Floors in Bath, Granite Counter Tops, Stainless Steel Appliances, Large Flat Screen TV furnish in each apartment. Individual Thermostats, 24 hour Safety Response System, Garages Available. Walking paths, a putting green, shuffle board, two ponds, keyless entry, transporation services to medical appointments.

We pledge to bring you comfort and exceed your expectations. We will do this with passion, expertise and even style. Although your needs may differ, the peace of mind remains the same, as Villa takes care of every detail, every day. We understand that when you make this your home, our service must be unparalleled.

Map of Villa