Burr Ridge

Reviews of Burr Ridge

Assisted Living Reviews for Burr Ridge

July 04, 2015

By L Denning

I had my mother-in-law stay here for about 13 days while I went on vacation. The room she was in was wonderful; everything was changed to make it perfect for her. She got great care while she was there, and the food was good. The aides were very helpful and helped her get dressed, washed up, got her down for meals, and got her more engaged with other people. I would have no qualms with bringing her back there again.

March 11, 2015

We were searching for a place for my mother-in-law, and this was close. We made an appointment, and we went on a tour. I thought the place was very nice. It was very clean and very active. There were a lot of things going on for the residents. The dining room seemed very nice. The food smelled wonderful. We really liked the action that she could have something to eat whenever she wanted and not just on specific meal times because sometimes they had different eating patterns. They had activities and services that they provide, and the rooms were very nice. There were choices of 3 different sizes of room. They were very upbeat, and the director that took us around knew everybody's name. When she ran into them, she would greet them by name and had a small conversation with them or asked them how they were doing. They were checked on quite frequently during the course of the day. They had a nice facility. They had an activities room where you could have a family party if you wanted. You could reserve the room, and you could bring your own food. It was very nice, and I really liked it. The only problem -- and the director brought this up -- was the parkng; they were working on that and hoping to have it resolved because some of their residents still drive and had their own cars there. I liked that they brought people in to entertain them. We happened to walk in one day when they were having somebody singing for them. They had as many of the residents to participate as they could. Honestly, the room was full of residents, and it was nice. Also, their private rooms had a lot of exposure to sunlight, and they had a nice courtyard where they had plants if they wanted to do some gardening. I liked it, and they do take them to religious services too. You could go on to their website, as there was an app where you could see what exactly the activities were coming up and could encourage your loved one to participate. We were very impressed with it, and on top of it, Burr Ridge was a very wealthy community, and this particular facility has the most reasonable price which shocked me because I thought they'd be quite out of reach. When everything is resolved with her hip and she turned out be a candidate for the surgery and after rehab, hopefully, we would be able to place her there.

October 31, 2014

My mom was here. I like that they were able to meet my mom's needs. They do have activities, but unfortunately with the condition of my mom, she is not able to participate in that. The staff was good, and they were friendly. The room was good, and it was clean. My mom did not eat a whole lot, but it seemed to be good, and they seemed to have good choice.

October 15, 2014

By Mary95784250

Mom is in here, and we like that the staff is very caring and that the price was fairly reasonable. They have meals three times a day, and they give her baths three times a week. Mom misses my dad a lot, but she is happy there. She plays bingo, and they tried to get her out of the room to do things. However, I’d like for the doctor to visit her a little more often.

August 30, 2014

By Caring93401950

I was also able to visit and I really like this facility and it was very clean. Their dining area is very nice. The staff was very cordial. They do play games and outings. I would recommend this facility for its location and amenities.

April 04, 2014

By SpringLPH

I toured this facility looking for a place for my Dad. It appears to be more assisted than independent living (which is not what we are looking for). The place is very clean, and I like that three meals a day are included, as well as all utilities. The studio was very small though - no kitchen area, just a microwave and tiny fridge in a closet like a hotel. Staff seemed very nice/friendly. Not enough activities for someone truly independent - but probably a nice choice for someone who isn't quite as active.

December 27, 2013

My parents have moved in and it's very nice. Their rooms have enough space. They haven't had any complaint about the food and the dining room.

November 27, 2013

By Caring72102050

The grounds at were very nice. They had an area for people with memory issues where they could not get out. They could go to the courtyard but they couldn't get out of the building. The staff was wonderful. The room was okay. But it was another place that had a microwave in the room. I was concerned because I know my dad could forget how to work the microwave. A refrigerator was fine but not a microwave. They had entertainment there also. They had a man playing a sax and trumpet; he was very good. However, it seemed that there were a lot of older people because they were sleeping during the program.

August 14, 2013

By Jenny8

It was a comfortably nice and complete facility with very informative and helpful people.

May 15, 2013

By Gale2

My visit was wonderful. I was very happy with the facility. The people were wonderful. I also found out that one of my friend's mother's was there. I like their services and what they're offering. I will definitely use them for respite care for my mom when I go out of town.

Memory Care Reviews for Burr Ridge

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Burr Ridge

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Burr Ridge