Bright Oaks of Aurora

Reviews of Bright Oaks of Aurora

Assisted Living Reviews for Bright Oaks of Aurora

May 22, 2018

By Kate

My mother has been in Bright Oaks of Aurora. Her apartment is very nice. The staff is very good. However, they could do better with the housekeeping. We have to get ourselves a vacuum cleaner to do that. The food is very good too. They have lots of activities. They have Bingo and ice cream socials, they have a pianist that comes in, and they have a ballroom dance group. The grounds are very nice. If the weather gets better, they will take the residents out there too. Overall, Bright Oaks of Aurora has been very good.

July 17, 2017

By Cheryl

I really like Bright Oaks of Aurora a lot. It's a beautiful and brand new facility. It's one of the few which has a 2-bedroom apartment, which is what I would need for both my parents. I met the director and his wife and they spent quite a bit of time with me, which was impressive. I really liked what she had to say, especially their philosophy about stimulating the brain and having the kind of activities that would really help seniors stay more active and possibly improve. The rooms are beautiful, and if both my parents were there and one of them died or had to be moved, they can just shut the door to one of the bedrooms and my other parent could stay in their place. Everything's new and they're lovely. They have large bathrooms, you can see the river, and there are lots of trees which you can see through the windows. The first floor is really beautiful and there's a little café, a lounge area, and a fireplace. I like that they train everyone no matter what their position in caring for dementia -- everybody from maintenance to the kitchen. It made me feel good and I would really recommend it. It's very impressive and the dining room is lovely. The place is immaculate and beautiful.

March 27, 2017

By Pene

Bright Oaks of Aurora is brand new. It just opened. They claim that they’re situated on the river, but there is rubble and brush along the river, then there is a road that you take to get to the entrance of their property. When you first come in the building, the lobby and the entrance feel like a cheap hotel. I didn’t like the location. As far as I could see, there was absolutely no grounds outside you could go to. All I saw was parking lot and a hill, and up the hill was a halfway house for women. I wouldn’t feel very good about living there. The guy was so rude. He dismissed me before I saw everything. He wanted to give me a brochure even after he told me that I wasn’t suitable. I would not go there. Just his attitude was enough to turn me away. I went by a lounge area on the way to see the room that he showed me, but there was no one in it. I asked him where everybody was, and he said they were in various places, but I didn’t see any people anywhere. He took me up to see one of the rooms; it was small but a little more pleasant. There was no wall space left in that bedroom, and the furniture in it was small. I have an oversized hospital bed and a lift chair. I would not have fit in that place if I wanted to.

October 24, 2016

By Bill544242

Our move to Bright Oaks couldn’t have been nicer; the staff was very interested in knowing exactly what the situation was so they could be properly watchful. She was only there for less than 2 weeks. It is new, beautiful, very clean, and kept up very well.

Photos of Bright Oaks of Aurora

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Pharma

• Minimum Age: None

About Bright Oaks of Aurora

Bright Oaks of Aurora, Illinois, is an assisted living community that offers family-style living. The community is situated on the banks of the Fox River, offering residents a serene setting just outside of Chicago. The suburban town of Aurora offers visitors and residents lots to do from museums, to a walking a trail right along the Fox River, a historical theatre, a zoo, plenty of parks, and a casino.

FACILITIES AND AMENITIES

Bright Oaks bills itself as a 'Purposeful Family Living Community'. The name reflects the idea of a community of neighbors who form bonds and become like family. Residents can choose from more than 60 private Master Suites and a number of amenities.

The grounds have lush landscaping, and the living areas were designed to be secure and safe for seniors with varying levels of mobility. The facility offers healthy, chef-prepared meals in a spacious dining room, plus snacks and drinks 24 hours a day. The facility has several community living rooms and a 'Celebration Center'. There is on-site physical therapy available and residents can follow a customized fitness program. The community is also home to a whirlpool spa, on-site beauty salon, and transportation to take residents to appointments.

Other amenities include an on-site pharmacy, weekly housekeeping and laundry services. Pets are allowed.

HEALTHCARE

In addition to the qualified, on-site staff available 24 hours a day, Bright Oaks is located near the Rush Copley Medical Center in Aurora. Ranked number 19 in Illinois and number 16 in the Chicago area by U.S. News & World Report, the hospital ranks high in adult procedures and conditions. Also nearby are Presence Mercy Medical Center and Aurora Chicago Lakeshore Hospital.

HEALTH PROGRAMS

At Bright Oaks, the Purposeful Family Living program (promoting social integration and participation) was designed to help slow aging. The community’s approach is based upon scientific evidence that shows that social interaction can actually slow age-related decline and even reverse some of the effects of aging.

There are also art programs, music programs and a number of other neurocognitive stimulation programs that work to encourage the brain. The environment was designed to bring calm and avoid agitation.

ACTIVITIES

The activities at Bright Oaks of Aurora are typically chosen by family members and the community’s Family Advisory Councils. Staff members will then provide customized activities based on the family members’ recommendations. Typical activities at Bright Oaks include cooking, knitting, games like bridge and bingo, and arts and crafts. Bright Oaks staff also organizes regular community-wide events and outings.

Map of Bright Oaks of Aurora