Garden Plaza of Valley View

Garden Plaza of Valley View (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Garden Plaza of Valley View

Assisted Living Reviews for Garden Plaza of Valley View

August 28, 2014

I like everything about The Bridge at Valley View. I like the staff as well as the facility. The staff were very nice and the rooms were very clean. I didn’t observe many of the activities, but I know they have all kinds of stuff going on.

July 31, 2014

By Carol90236650

I have visited Garden Plaza of Valley View and it's really great. I've eaten there; the food was great. I'd been in the rooms. The size of the rooms is very, very nice. We have two aunts there that each has an apartment of their own and they're both very adequate for what they need. They have a wonderful, wonderful area for television or puzzles or library. They have a room that even a great group of family can come and visit and eat in there if they need to. They have very, very nice facilities for dining. They have activities. It is a very nice place. There are several different buildings all on the same campus. They're clean and up to date. Everything is nice. It's not overly modern because it's older people there but everything is fresh, new and nothing run down, nothing dilapidated or needing repair. The staff has been very nice. My husband's uncle was having a problem and we were there trying to help and they were great. They had to eventually move my husband's uncle from the facilities because he became Alzheimer's that they couldn't handle at the assisted living place. When we were there and problems arose, they handled it very well. They were very kind and treated everybody with respect.

February 27, 2014

Grandpa was at Valley View. They're friendly and they welcome visitors. I think it is very comfortable and very friendly. You feel like you belong in a small community. The staff is very helpful and very concern. If grandpa didn't come down for lunch or if he missed a meal, they were there within half an hour knocking on the door using their pass key and check on him. They really try very hard to involve people in activities. Their activities are scheduled two days a week. They don't have it every day of the week. The dining room area is so much nicer. They have good food.

January 29, 2014

By JB1

My sister and my dad looked at different places, the nicest one they found is Garden Plaza Valley View. The whole facility is beautiful. The staff is very nice and friendly, very concerned of how he was and even the residents too. He likes his room a lot. They were able to get it at a better discount because it doesn't have a view of the mountain but sunshine still comes in. I did not try the food but my sisters did and my dad is very happy with it. He had a terrible appetite when he moved in but since then he has put on some weight. They have all kinds of activities. On Holidays, there's a choir and a band, the college foot ball team was there and they had snacks and drinks. For New Year's Eve there was a party. They also do trips once a week to different grocery stores, go to a local casino once every quarter, church services, flea shop, card games and an exercise room where he participates in. He always calls me and says "I've done this, I've done that". I'd go there if I'm old enough.

December 20, 2013

By fransthebest

I have friends that live at Garden Plaza of Valley View. I come over at least once a month and we have lunch with our other friends and play Bridge there. Everyone seems so happy living there and we are always greeted so warmly by all the staff. We plan to be living there one day soon. It is important to me how other resident's and my friends feel about living there and they all just love it-especially the food which I will say is delicious with all the choices on the menu, and all the activities sound great too. My friend's apartment is lovely as well.

November 18, 2013

By Not impressed with Garden Plaza staff

Beautiful facility and good food, however, I would not recommend it. The bathrooms have tubs that are an a cheap tub with a notchout, slanted at the back. An accident waiting to happen if a bench/chair is needed or not. Sales staff and management debated us about it, were rude and didn't seem to think that the 1970's kitchen hardware and light were a problem. Definitely not worth it for the price they charge. Disappointed with the entire sales process.

October 17, 2013

By Lynda8

Garden Plaza was beautiful and clean. The rooms were really big. The staff seemed really nice. However, it was out of our price range.

Independent Living Reviews for Garden Plaza of Valley View

November 19, 2016

By Hope284113

Valley View was quite nice, and I was taken around in a nice tour. The place is very clean, well-tended, well-cared for, and well-decorated. The people seemed quite happy; I know somebody there, and she and her family like it. There was somebody there having her hair done, and she was quite happy with it. They also had an exercise room. The woman I know there was quite content with the food, and the rooms were large and nice.

November 06, 2014

My overall experience at Valley View was very nice. The staff was very friendly, but the rooms were small. The bathrooms were small. It just didn't appeal to me. Food was OK. It wasn't outstanding, but it was OK.

February 14, 2012

By hossandmax

Do not send your family member here if they have memory issues. The staff is not able to care for them. My family members laundry was not done, the room was filthy and never cleaned. The manager Stephanie is defensive and rude. The staff is not helpful or approachable. Overpriced and it is obvious that med techs are the primary care givers of your loved one. They do not have college degrees. Valley View mission statement should be changed to I just want your money and I don't care about your loved one. What a horrible experience for $3750. a month.

Services and Amenities of Garden Plaza of Valley View

About Garden Plaza of Valley View

In the heart of the City of Trees, Valley View Retirement Community is just minutes away from excellent shopping, hiking, biking, and an array of other scenic options that you can enjoy. Whether you like to watch sports, or play sports from golf to swimming, this Boise, Idaho community offers many different choices just for you.

Since 1986, when Valley View Retirement Community first opened its doors, we have thrived on the notion of community, the strength of neighborhood, the comfort and warmth of extended family, and the hospitality befitting good friends. Both our residents and associates embrace and reinforce the Valley View Retirement Community tradition with long-term loyalty and dedication. It is this strong sense of community, with its independent living and assisted living services, that makes Valley View such an easy place to call home.

Map of Garden Plaza of Valley View