Peachtree Villa at Suwanee

Offers Memory Care

1475 Satellite Blvd, Suwanee, GA 30281
Peachtree Villa at Suwanee (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 19 days

1. Move in by August 31 and receive 1 (one) month free or community fee waived. 2. Select apartment suites available for $3,500 all inclusive!

Reviews of Peachtree Villa at Suwanee

Memory Care Reviews for Peachtree Villa at Suwanee

January 15, 2021

By LMNACC

Nikki H. assisted me in finding a new home for my mom in early November 2020. She took me on a virtual tour of this memory care facility and sent additional texts and videos of the resident-caregiver interactions. The facility looks clean, modern and well lit. I specifically liked that the building will allow mom to move relatively freely throughout, including open access to an inner courtyard. The rate is all inclusive, so no add on for medications or help with dressing. This was a big deal for me as some other facilities seemed to have extra charges for these. Like others, they will develop a specific care plan and have activities throughout the day to keep her active. The keep the activity groups small and like to ensure groups have similar interests or similar care levels. They stress their ability to provide 1:1 time with each resident. Sounds like the facility has 42 units and currently has 25 residents. They maintain a 1 caregiver to 6 resident ratio, which does not change at night. They also have a hydration focus, which is important for my mom. Mom likes to sleep in, and they said they were flexible with that and would ensure she had meals set aside. They noted that even though residents can have phones in their rooms, most don't do that as they have iPads and cordless phones that they make family calls with. In regards to medical, the nurse makes regular assessments of residents, a nurse practitioner comes to the site weekly and a doctor comes on site about every other month. They will of course work with your private doctor. And, they have a salon for hair and nails. Mom is very happy there and my sisters and I are very pleased with the staff and the facility. She settled right in and enjoyed being able to walk around the facility and look at the pictures. She participates in exercise and craft activities. She is really happy with her room - it's roomy and has a nice view of the courtyard. The facility itself is well lit and nicely decorated. The staff and residents decorate for holidays. The caregiver-resident ratio is good, so she has individual care around the clock. The staff maintains a Facebook page with pictures and videos of the residents during different activities. When I call, they immediately take a phone or the iPad to her. If they can't take the call right then, they are excellent at returning the call when mom is ready. Mom has been really positive about the facility and and the staff. This is the second facility we have had her in, and Peachtree Villa is head and shoulders above the other facility. I'm happy with the level of medical oversight and they have a maintenance person on-site. I did a lot of research and looked at a lot of options. Brandy and other staff members keep me posted and up to date on any issues. They called right away when Mom had a minor fall. The staff is very good at communicating what is happening at the facility via phone, email and newsletters - and the Facebook page. I am very glad we chose Peachtree Villa!
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Questions about Peachtree Villa at Suwanee

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Team members receive 8 hours of dementia training upon hire, as well as monthly in-services where we can roleplay unique situations that have occurred with our residents, related to their individual memory loss.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Staffing levels are based on acuity of the residents' healthcare needs.

What programs or activities does Peachtree Villa at Suwanee offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Robust programming focused on those living with memory impairment. Entertainment, music, dancing, art, adult games, walking outside in interior courtyards, and more. Reminiscing about life experiences helps residents tell their stories.

A licensed nurse, our Wellness Director, assesses residents upon move in and ongoing as required by state guidelines, as well as if a change occurs with the resident's health.

What techniques does Peachtree Villa at Suwanee use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We are able to accommodate full assistance for residents who need help eating at mealtime, and can provide socialization for those who eat on their own. Our dishware and utensils cater to residents with memory loss and encourage them to eat.

How does Peachtree Villa at Suwanee keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Family member engagement is vital to us. We will create relationships with family members and use their preferred method of contact. We always encourage visitation.

Describe the neighborhood around Peachtree Villa at Suwanee. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Peachtree Villa is located in an up and coming business district with restaurants and new luxury housing building up around it.

Is Peachtree Villa at Suwanee affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

While our community is not affiliated with a hospital, we partner with healthcare providers who can come right into the community as needed, and partner with home care and hospice agencies who can supplement care.

Costs for Peachtree Villa at Suwanee

Photos of Peachtree Villa at Suwanee

Services and Amenities of Peachtree Villa at Suwanee

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2500

• Companion Suites: Yes

• State Licenses: ALC000627

About Peachtree Villa at Suwanee

Peachtree Villa at Suwanee embraces an innovative approach to life for those living with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments. Our programs empower each individual to build on their personal strengths and life experiences, enabling moments of joy. Thoughtfully designed, with secure courtyards, our beautiful ranch style, single-level community is sunny, bright, and light with large windows. Our small community exudes an environment that is intimate, special, personal and extremely inviting.

For those living with Alzheimer’s or other types of memory impairments, Peachtree Villa has created a true community dedicated to memory care. Our specialized memory care program is focused on building positive experiences based on your history and interests.

At Peachtree Villa, residents enjoy personalized support, as well as amenities, services and innovative programs for a lifestyle of meaning, engagement and fulfillment. Every opportunity is created to live a joyful, purposeful life that enhances and encourages total well-being.

• All Inclusive
  • Relaxation Room
  • Beautiful Secure Outdoor Courtyards
  • Multiple Walking Gardens and Paths Surrounded by Flowers and Plants
  • Salon

At Peachtree Villa at Suwanee, our signature programs honor your past and present, support the things that bring you joy and multiply your opportunities to engage with others, explore new areas of interest and live a fulfilling life. Our residents thrive with customized plans from an extensively-trained team. Our friendly, caring staff truly care about our residents and help to provide an environment that is safe, secure, and feels like home.

Map of Peachtree Villa at Suwanee