Laurel Park at Henry Med Center

Reviews of Laurel Park at Henry Med Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Laurel Park at Henry Med Center

March 18, 2019

By the need to know

HORRIBLE,I would not put my worst enemy in this place. They treat long term residents better than the people there for rehab or under medicare. Speech therapy sent my mother home with thrush and acted like she could eat solid foods and I have been trying to get her cured for three months. I had found my mom sitting in urine for hours in her wheelchair. Physical therapy is not going to give your loved one the attention you need. They treat certain people different than others. The nursing director was very unprofessional when I went to her to report that my mom was not being fed and she had major attitude with me instead of dealing with the people who were suppose to feed her and make sure my mother was taken care of. I had to drive there before my job and after work to make sure she was being fed and changed. If you question what they are doing or not doing for your loved one you will be put down and talk to in a belittling manner.There are a few good nurses and cna's that is if you are lucky enough to be able to get the good ones. The director has major attitude if you complain or bring anything to her attention, and will tell you will you can take your loved one somewhere else and the doctor comes by only one day a week. There is so much more, do not be fooled by the score from the USA magazine, this is not the place you want to put someone you love.

November 17, 2018

By hsanderson

Beware! My grandmother went in with a broken femur and left going to hospice because they didn’t monitor her correctly. Her roommate had a similar issue and was healing greatly but was given the wrong medication and is now in ICU. But they let her lay there 3 days before family knew it. Horrible staff! I was appalled at the treatment of not only my grandmother but at the patients around her. They clearly ignore all needs especially if no family is there then only half tens to them when family is present. DO NOT put your loved one here!!!!

October 13, 2018

By ROBINMCPAYNE

My father was brought to the facility today (10/13/2018) at 2:30pm. My father requested a bedside commode around 6:30pm and I was told that until PT came by to evaluate him, he could NOT be moved and he could use a bedpan. We waited until 8:30 and no PT came by to evaluate him. In addition to that, he was told to keep his urinal ready for the nurse to document his output. At 8:30pm, not a single person had been by to document. He pressed the red call button for the nurse at his bed 3 times and at NO SINGLE point did a nurse come in or respond by intercom. Dinner arrived early and it was a small amount of egg salad with a small cup of soup, with strawberry ice cream and VERY sweet tea. Laurel Park should not have received him if they were not ready for him.

January 28, 2018

By snuffy17

Impossible to get staff on the phone, incimpassiomte, administration doesn't return calls,

August 09, 2017

By Clarisee

This facility did not treat our loved one well at all. Nurses didn't respond to our relative's pleas for help. Never again will have anything to do with this place!

October 21, 2016

By Cclark7

The most horrible place. My grandfather spoke of how mean they were to him. He has infected bed sores bc they didn't do their job. Do not allow you to spend the night or even let them have a phone in their room. Should be shut down!!! Do NOT place your loved ones here!!

August 21, 2014

By friendly visitor

My neighbor came to this facility for rehab after a knee replacement. The rehab floor nursing staff was attentive and very skillful in their care. I never saw a deficit in care and always found my neighbor/friend happy and in excellent shape when I visited. The actual rehab room and staff were second to none. They gave her the motivation and tools to surpass goals and go home earlier than expected. I don't understand the earlier negative post at all. This facility gives you every tool you need to succeed. The desire and drive are up to the patients and family. You can take it a run with it or leave it. Thank you.

July 02, 2014

By Stockbridge Resident

Upon my first visit the facility is very nice, however, the care and concern decreases daily! You really have to stay on them and drop by unexpected at all times. While the overall experience is o.k. the patient care could be a lot better. Some of the nursing staff and mangers lack compassionate and communication for things that should be a given. Their business and organizational skills needs a lot of improvement and soon! It would be very sad for such a nice facility to fail because of the staff but I can see it going in that direction. Please don’t let the appearance lure you in!!

September 02, 2012

By Michael 1

It's closer to home. My parents been there for three or four months now. Mom had a stroke, she can't talk, and can't stand. When they first went into Laurel Park, I would say they're probably very good. But you can see every day the care and the facility is going downhill. We had to report abuse and they fired a senior aide for abusing my mother in the shower. She took her fist and turn mother's head both ways. It was well established for 11 years, owned by Henry Medical Center. They take care of my mother when she was in there for rehab and my father was in there for rehab last year. The nurses and CNAs were good. That's another reason why we decided to put them there because of that experience. The nursing care is not up to speed. Both of my parents take blood pressure medicine, but they don't even check the blood pressure before they give the blood pressure medicine unless you're there. Mom's got a wound on her rear, because they're supposed to reposition her every hour. They don't take care of the wound on his leg. They're not taking care of them the way that they're supposed to be taken care of, and they're getting worse. So I'm going to move them out of there. It's steadily going downhill and it's not what it used to be. In fact, several people had asked me in the last two or three months if they should send their loved ones on there, and I said no because I'm looking for a place to move my parents out.

June 01, 2012

By john w1

it is very clean and well kept. looks as if the staff take very good care of the residents.

Services and Amenities of Laurel Park at Henry Med Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Laurel Park at Henry Med Center

Laurel Park at Henry Med Center is a senior living provider in Stockbridge, Georgia that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Laurel Park at Henry Med Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Laurel Park at Henry Med Center