Marsh's Edge

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

136 Marsh's Edge Lane, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Call (912) 291-2000
Marsh's Edge (912) 291-2000

Reviews of Marsh's Edge

Assisted Living Reviews for Marsh's Edge

November 20, 2013

By Martin10

I live in St. Simons Island and so I'm familiar with Marsh's Edge. I visited this one and another facility. Marsh's Edge is much nicer physically and more expensive than the other facility. I also like the idea of their rooms being inside, so you could wheel a scooter and just scoot there inside without having to go at any place outside the building. Its cleanliness was very good. Also their amenities are much better than the other facility I visited. They did have activities but I didn't really look into them because I'm not really that interested. If they could improve on something, they could improve on their price. Like I said, it is expensive.

February 28, 2012

By rsweeney1

The staff is super nice, and they always treat my grams right! It isn't awkward to visit, and the facility is super clean and nice. They have full amenities and I would recommend this to anyone.

June 30, 2011

By anonymousll

It was sad to think of my beloved great-aunt moving to an assisted living facility. Now I realize that Marsh's Edge has really given her back the life that she loved. Aunt Louisa never liked asking her family and friends for the daily help that she needed once she was in her late 70s. She felt as though she were being an inconvenience and that others would start refusing to let her enjoy her freedom. The perfect compromise was reached when she discovered the assisted living community at Marsh's Edge. The property borders a beautiful, scenic marsh on St. Simon's Island in Georgia and there are gardens and walkways that can be explored. Indoors the rooms are open, spacious and very tastefully decorated. There is a "˜resort' atmosphere that makes you feel as though you are enjoying a seaside vacation. With a clubhouse, fitness center and heated pool it is easy to see that the members of this community live an active lifestyle. The wellness program here has even received multiple honors for being one of the best in the US. The staff considers health, fitness and independent living to be the cornerstones of a happy life and my aunt is in full agreement with these principles. We have had the pleasure of visiting Marsh's Edge on three separate occasions. Each time we have noted that the facilities and ground are well maintained and the staff is courteous and friendly. Our aunt is delighted with the apartment and the personalized care at this senior facility and this makes us happy as well.

Independent Living Reviews for Marsh's Edge

By jmdouglass

I wasn’t really searching for a retirement community. My husband and I had been living on St. Simons Island since 1980. My husband had passed a few years ago and I was looking to downsize. I started to look at smaller homes. On a whim, I decided to check out Marsh’s Edge. I had always known that it existed. I came especially at the cottages and actually fell in love with the villas. What appealed was that a lot of the effort in the home was concerned with yard maintenance and upkeep. When I came here and visited, it felt right. If I had the opportunity to move back to my 4,000 sq. ft. home, I wouldn’t. Here all the bills are taken care of and maintenance is a phone call away. I find that I do not write as many checks. I love the smaller space. Almost all of the villas have a water view and a porch. It is just a quiet, peaceful atmosphere. I had a fear that when I moved in I would have trouble meeting people. The people here are wonderful and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The total care provided here is really reassuring to my children and also to me. If I have health concerns, I know that I will be taken care of. My children when they visit are able to stay in the guest villa. The staff goes out of their way to meet your needs and they do so with a smile. I am involved with the wellness program. I enjoy the exercise classes and the pool. I enjoy the variety of classes. I also take part in the nutrition class. The putting green is wonderful. I also participated in the on-site physical therapy and was impressed by their knowledge and skill. I am continuing to improve after my injury. At the end of the day, I skipped the small house altogether. My friends were worried that I would feel out of place. I have always felt at home. There are members who are older in age only as they lead active lives. I recently learned to play rummikub. There is always something going on.

By Bron18

We have been living at Marsh’s Edge for 5 months. We had been living in Florida and longed to be closer to our children. They lived in South Carolina. Marsh’s Edge was perfectly situated as it was about hallway from our children and my mother in Florida. We looked at several communities in South Carolina and Florida. The island and community atmosphere really set this community apart. We enjoy golf, fishing, bingo, ping pong and the pool. The aquatic exercise program has done us a ton of good. You can be a part of the wellness program, bridge, rummikub, etc. It is a peace of mind to know that there is always some one here. The staff and the people here are unbelievable. Our advice is to make the move as soon as you can. It is truly important to feel a sense of community. I encourage you to visit during the week. There are so many activities going on. I also encourage visiting the community multiple times. We first visited on a weekend and we saw gentlemen playing ping pong. It instantly felt like home. You get to know everyone very quickly. It is family here. The healthcare options here were a huge factor. It is nice to know that it is there if you need it.

By rhahnfeld

I moved to Marsh’s Edge a little over a year ago. Ever since my wife died, I started thinking about a senior living community. My daughter loves St. Simons Island and she and her husband plan to retire here this year. I developed a serious health problem shortly before moving here, and it got worse after I moved in. With the help of the residents and the wonderful wellness people, I was referred to excellent medical help. The help and exercise programs here at Marsh’s Edge have resulted in a real improvement in my life both medically and emotionally. Summed up, if you look up “satisfied Client” in the dictionary, you will see my smiling face. The residents and staff, and service people are outstanding, and I am a happy camper.

Costs for Marsh's Edge

Photos of Marsh's Edge

Services and Amenities of Marsh's Edge

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites.
  • Detached Homes

• Pets: All Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: 063-03-004-1

About Marsh's Edge

marshs-edge.com

St. Simons Island's Premier Senior Living Community

Experience the best that senior living has to offer at Marsh’s Edge of St. Simons Island, Georgia. Nestled in the marsh and just minutes from the beach, our 78-acre luxury retirement community offers a lifestyle that is second to none. Members enjoy a premier fine dining experience, a never-ending social calendar, an award-winning wellness program and industry-leading care services. With accommodations ranging from two and three-bedroom cottages to one and two-bedroom villa apartments, our community is a place where members don’t just live—they thrive!

Our community offers the following senior living options:

Independent Living: Independent living offers a maintenance-free lifestyle in a luxury apartment or cottage home. Members enjoy a vibrant community environment with unmatched social, dining and wellness programs.

Assisted Living: Assisted living offers spacious, private apartments that come with the benefit of assistance in day-to-day tasks. Person-centered care plans mean that each member receives individualized care specific to their needs and goals.

Memory Care: Our Reflections memory care program offers a specialized living option for seniors with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Memory care focuses on family engagement and provides expert care geared toward slowing the progression of symptoms.

Skilled Nursing: Skilled nursing provides top-tier medical care in a nurturing environment. Our skilled nursing community is dedicated to maximizing the health, happiness and well-being of our members.

Short-Term Rehab: Short-term rehab offers extraordinary outcomes in physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. Through our partnership with Genesis Rehab Services, members of our community benefit form rehab outcomes that exceed the national average.

As a continuing care retirement community, Marsh’s Edge offers independent senior living as well as a full continuum of care services, which include assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and short-term rehab. This means that if a member’s needs change as they age, they can simply transition to a new living option without having to find a new community. At Marsh’s Edge, members take comfort knowing they don’t ever have to move again.

Our dedicated team members have a proven track record for success and know the importance of establishing a lifestyle that allows members to live longer, happier, healthier lives. Our number one goal is to provide an environment that encourages an independent lifestyle for all our members.

Map of Marsh's Edge