The Waterford at Oakwood

Reviews of The Waterford at Oakwood

Assisted Living Reviews for The Waterford at Oakwood

December 28, 2015

By Walter26

I also visited The Waterford at Oakwood and recommended it to one of my mom's friends. The staff was really polite and sweet. The rooms were great and big in size, too. This place was my mom's second choice. Their dining room was wonderful. It looked like a restaurant with nice table settings. It also came with a lower price. They had activities, like exercises, in the morning. During my visit, I saw the ladies doing exercises all together. They also had movies and shopping days. This place was a little cheaper, and I would have chosen it, given the chance.

September 02, 2015

By GAMomma

My mom has lived at this facility for the past two and a half years. She gets good care and enjoys the activities and sharing the meal experience with her tablemates. All of the staff are always very accommodating and attentive when mom needs help. Between my brother and I, we visit often on days, evenings and weekends and the building always looks and smells great. My in-laws will be looking into moving to Georgia from Tennessee soon and I would not think twice about moving them here.

August 17, 2015

By LindyDB

Did not receive the level of care for which we were charged. Very understaffed, and the staff is untrained. Very clean and well maintained facility, but it is not "assisted living." Looks can be deceiving. Too many problems to list for the two months we were there.

May 28, 2015

We've placed mom at The Waterford at Oakwood's memory care unit. The place is 17 years old, but it's very well maintained. She has a nice private room. It’s a 12x12 room with a private bath that has a walk-in shower. They do laundry, meals, and cleaning. They have activities, and they have a courtyard that they can go out in. They have an exercise program, and the other day, they had a Mother's Day tea. The reason why we chose it was because they had more residents in the memory care, so they have a more active program.

January 09, 2015

By Doreen3

I chose The Waterford as it is not real big, but it’s very clean. It’s very well-organized, and for what I’m getting, I think it’s one of the better places. The rooms almost look like a little hotel room; it was perfect in size, and it has a very large bathroom, two closets, and a refrigerator. They do have a garden area, they have bird feeders, they have a front porch for people, and one of the things I very like about it is they have an area there were they watch movies, pop popcorn, and play card games. The staff has been wonderful and helpful; they talk with my dad and make sure he is happy. The food is very good. My dad loves different things all the time, and they have another menu that if you don’t like something that they’re serving you can order from a wider range of different things. My dad moved in and immediately acclimated, so he has been doing great.

June 30, 2014

The Waterford [Peachtree Plantation] was nice. It was very clean, and everything was really organized. It was a very comfortable and calm place. We went down the hallway to the person we were visiting, and we went to her room. There were very nice sized rooms and very organized. It was very well lit, very nice, and the walls were earth tone colored. The carpet was very nice. Everything was very clean, and there was a lot of clothing space. She had a nice sized bed, her own TV, and a table. She could basically live a normal life. I thought they called the layout an artist style studio, and you didn't have to share it with anyone. Everyone there was very friendly. When we showed up, it was a little after five o'clock, and it was on a week night, and there weren't a whole lot of people around, but we had to go to the desk and sign in, and we could see there were one of two staff members walking on the hallways checking on people to see if anyone needed them. When we walked by, they asked us how we were doing. They were very cordial with us, and it was very nice. The person we visited is extremely picky, very OCD, and very particular. She's been there for over two months, and she likes it a lot. It didn't smell like old people, unlike the other places we've been to. It was really cool. They were also helping the people who were staying there. They helped them get set up on new medication. They take them to doctor's appointments. The take them out to lunches and dinners. They were very good. I would recommend them, definitely.

June 25, 2014

I like Waterford (Peachtree Plantation) a lot. It is a lot bigger than what my aunt had before. She has a little apartment with a screened-in porch. It is carpeted. It has a bathroom, a refrigerator, a kitchen sink, and microwave. It is much cheaper than where she was before. They have a lot of different activities. She participates in everything they do, i.e., bingo, Trivial Pursuit. The staff is very hands-on. They check on her every couple of hours. They also have a doctor on call and a nurse there 24/7.

November 26, 2013

By Karen75241350

We put my mom in The Waterford of Oakwood (Peachtree Plantation). We chose this one probably for the location and the size of it. So far, my mom likes the people there. Also the staff that I met so far are quite good actually. With regards to food, the couple of times I've eaten there, it was good. Mom is not really happy with it though because she can't have salt or sugar and she has to count her carbs. This is something they could improve on as far as being able to meet dietary needs of their clients. My mom has been there for six weeks now and we had no problem at all with regards to its sanitation. As far as activities go, they have bingo and flower arrangements. They would also have a doctor that come in once a month for like an Alzheimer's support group. I was also there one night and they had a magician there. They also just had a fall festival.

February 02, 2013

By jeff66

For the price paid I would expect more care. My cousin has gone down hill fast since living there. Just not somewhere that I would recommend.

July 27, 2012

My aunt passed away but she's been to Peachtree Plantation. She had a fractured pelvis. It was not easy for her. She had to recuperate for a quite sometime. But despite all the hardship that she went through, I can still remember how special they treat her in the facility. She had a particular person who's taking care of her and she was really happy because she's been taken care very well. This is a great place.

Memory Care Reviews for The Waterford at Oakwood

Questions about The Waterford at Oakwood

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Staff is required to take ongoing classes throughout employment at Waterford.

What programs or activities does The Waterford at Oakwood offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have a Home Health representative that visits our location several times a week to assist in Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy when ordered by your doctor.

What places are near The Waterford at Oakwood or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are near Lake Lanier, lots of shopping centers, churches, cultural art programs and major highways for easy travel.

What transportation services does The Waterford at Oakwood offer to assisted living residents?

We have a community bus that takes our residents out weekly for lunch and shopping as well as other activities. We reserve one day a week to give bus rides to doctor appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Oakwood exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer three chef-inspired meals in our quaint dining room. We are able to prepare meals for diabetics, low salt or sodium, or pureed for those with swallowing problems. We can suit your diet needs!

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Oakwood offer to assisted living residents?

Our doors lock at night with no entrance without calling our on-call nurse for entry and identification. There is only one entrance for visitors. Our Memory Care Community is secured for these residents with egress doors.

How does The Waterford at Oakwood keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We greet each family when entering the community and chat with them about the family member's activities or concerns. We have many family events and gatherings throughout the year as well. For all medical concerns, we contact the family immediately.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Waterford at Oakwood during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our ratio is 3 to 32 in Assisted Living from 7a to 11p and 2 to 32 from 11p to 7a Our ratio is 5 to 32 in Memory Care from 7a to 11p and 4 to 32 from 11p to 7a

If The Waterford at Oakwood accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes! Small dogs and cats are welcome at Waterford as long as they are leashed indoors and outdoors.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff is required to take ongoing classes throughout employment at Waterford.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

7am - 11pm - 4 caregivers, 1 nurse 11pm - 7am - 3 cargivers, 1 nurse

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Oakwood provide to protect residents who wander?

Our Memory Care community has egress doors with alarms if trying to be opened. Our AL community has alarms that alert caregivers if someone is exiting after dark.

What programs or activities does The Waterford at Oakwood offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have a wonderful MC Activity Director who works with our MC residents daily. We also have volunteers and vendors who assist with activities to keep memories vivid.

Our Wellness Director assesses our residents upon moving to our community and again 30 days after move in. After that, every 90 days to 6 months depending on their condition.

What techniques does The Waterford at Oakwood use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We play music, have shared dining experiences with other MC residents and assist with feeding if necessary.

How does The Waterford at Oakwood keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We call them if we feel their health is declining or not their normal character, then suggest treatments.

Photos of The Waterford at Oakwood

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 7
  • Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: PCH008341

About The Waterford at Oakwood

Pave the way to a carefree life when choosing to reside at The Waterford at Oakwood with today's most desired amenities and thoughtful features. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our Assisted Living and Memory Care residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. The Waterford provides care that allows residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive community. We feature a full calendar of activities and social programs so residents have a rewarding lifestyle. Residents enjoy regular off-site outings, Bible study groups, wellness lectures and seminars. Our apartment homes come in a variety of flexible floor plans. Select apartments feature screened-in porches where residents can sit outside on nice days and sip on a hot cup of tea while enjoying the natural beauty of their surroundings. At mealtimes, residents can get together with neighbors and enjoy chef-inspired meals served a la carte for casual dining experiences. The Waterford's convenient access to multiple interstates means residents have access to a plethora of shopping, dining and entertainment venues in Gainesville, just 15 minutes away.

Map of The Waterford at Oakwood