Roselane Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Roselane Health and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Roselane Health and Rehabilitation Center

January 29, 2016

By sykesg

Would not recommend & WILL NOT use again. My mother was there 4 years ago & it was 100% better then although there were a few minor complaints. I believe the entire management staff has changed since then. They advertise that they admit 7 days a week. There was no admissions person there & learned from nursing staff they did not know she was coming so were not prepared. They did have a nurse that was handling admissions for the weekend. Won't go into all the details but I started regretting choosing the facility within the first 2 - 3 hours. Began researching moving her to another place & was ready to do it on Monday but my mom was hesitant & thought another place probably would not be any better. Should have insisted that she move but did not. I really did NOT feel comfortable leaving her that night. Finally on Tuesday the Admissions Director came in to see if we minded changing rooms. She then realized that we had not signed all the admission papers, 3 days after my mom had arrived. At that time I advised her that we were not that impressed so far & was considering a transfer. Of course she then wanted to hear all my concerns. After I told her my concern/complaints so far she assured me they would be addressed. You would think there would be some kind of followup but I have yet to see her again --- 3 weeks later. My mom has now been there 3 weeks & leaving tomorrow. During this time I have been keeping notes. I have been there most of the day almost every day since she was admitted. Here are a few of the complaints/observations we had: Did not get a feeling of professionalism among much of the staff. Many give the feeling that patients are a bother. The long-term care & memory care patients seem to be mixed in with the short-term rehab patients. They are allowed to roam over the entire building. Long-term & short-term areas are separate but not closed off so there is a flow between the two areas. I personally did not care for that set up. Patients roaming into others rooms, some with severe dementia were on the short-term wing & were quite disturbing to the other patients. Many times patients are parked in the wheel chairs around the nurses station & you have to maneuver through them. Before my mom could get to the bathroom on her own it would take anywhere from 8-10 minutes after she turned on her light for someone to come to help her. Sometimes it was faster if one of the CNAs happened to be in the hall & saw the light. When asking for pain medicine or anything outside of scheduled meds it usually took several requests. Took 4 days to get results & medicine for a UTI. That was after 2 specimens were taken. First was 'damaged.' Not consistent with timing of meds or taking vitals (BP, blood glucose, etc.). My mom's incision started to itch so she asked to see the wound care nurse on a Saturday. She did not come until Monday. Food is really bad. I suppose it is edible but not enticing to eat. Ended up bringing my mom food from takeout places or from home. Timing of the meals is really bad. For instance there might be an hour difference from day to day as to when they get the meals to them. Not a big deal to many but for some of them meals may be the highlight of their day. Seems like a tighter schedule could be accomplished. Entire place is extremely noisy. Lots of personal conversation among the staff especially at shift change. There seemed to be a lack of communication between shifts. Although certain nurses were better at it than others. I have to say there were NO concerns/complaints with the therapy areas. The physical, speech & occupational therapy staff were very good, consistent & professional. Bottom line - will not use again or recommend. Just glad to be leaving.

October 23, 2015

By H.F

I had a great experience at this facility. Every one was wonderful and caring. I would definitely come back for rehab if I needed it again. There are so many loving people there.

October 21, 2015

By jenniferviveros

Granted, mom came from ICU after intibating her, (I thought I would loose her in ICU) and was moved to a regular room in the hosptial. She is weak, fraile, and had not eaten in 4 days. She just started grasping the concept of broth, I fed her. She did not have the strength to feed herself let alone hold a cup in her hand. From the hospital she was staying at; she was discharged to this facility. I arrived in the evening to see how her transition was coming along. Their welcoming crew gave me no comfort, attitudes all around. Not a favorable response especially on our first evening. Only an order of 02 was processed after I made a complaint to her hospital. By her beside was a large plate of food. No assitance and no one knew what stage of care she needed...Day 2, the dates on the bandages were from the other day, wound care could not be located...Day 3, I visited mom and noticed a pool of chocolate milk under her wheelchair, her clothes are wet. I hit the button for the nurse and 3 minutes later someone arrived just to call another perosn and another person...I changed my mother out of the wet clothing. In just my 3 days here, I feel that I might loose my mom in this facility.

July 04, 2015

By onepissedloveone

Worst place ever!!! The staff is rude,have very poor attitudes and are not taking care if patients!! They are not giving meds on time or anywhere near,not helping the unable ones get to the toilet or assist with bedpans! My mother was left laying in her own urine for hours!! Also,she had to ring the nurse 7 times before someone ever came!! This is unacceptable and I will be filing a complaint with corporate, her insurance, and media!! If this isn't the career for you,get the heck out of there!!! I beg you,pls.don't leave your loved one here!!

June 15, 2015

By Beverly108103850

My sister is at Golden Livingcenter. They were very good with her. She can't walk very well, and they are trying to get her to walk more and strengthen her legs. When she came in there, her legs were very swollen, and after a few weeks, all the swelling went down. I considered that to be pretty good. However, the food was not very good.

February 04, 2015

By Fair Warning!!!

I was researching assisted living facilities due to my mom having a stroke and her Medicare ending. I stumbled across Golden Living Kennestone and set up a tour. After learning that this place was more of a "short term rehab facility", I felt it was perfect as my mom was on a quick road to recovery. After explaining the situation with my mom, I was told this may not be the place for her...but I really wasn't told why. I tried to coordinate this facility speaking with the rehab facility my mom was currently in. After over a week, and multiple follow-up calls from me...nothing was accomplished. I even conferenced in both parties to no avail on getting anything done. I then decided that if this place can't put forth the effort to make me or my loved one feel important or welcoming, then who knows what kind of treatment they would receive if she was a patient. Now...2 weeks later...I still haven't received any sort of call or follow-up from them. They made me feel like it was a privilege that they were helping me (even though they just wasted my time). Good thing I moved on and found another place.

August 21, 2013

By Ellen10

I was in Golden Living in Kennesaw three times. The staff and the nurses were very nice and accommodating, a few of them had a little bit of an attitude. What annoyed me was that had to go to therapy every day and they didn't always made my bed. I would have to call them and made them do my bed. There was also a nurse who kept telling that there was nothing wrong with me when I told her I needed to go to the hospital because I caught an infection which caused me to vomit and when they finally sent me to the hospital, I had to be there for ten day because of that. When I was there in December, they put me in with a woman who was absolutely insane. In the middle of the night, she would be trying to get into my bed and lay down with me and she would take her clothes off and I told my aids that she couldn't stay with me because she was treating me like I was her mate. The last time I was in they almost killed me. They had medicated me incorrectly and I went into the hospital for ten days. I was so drugged out that I didn't know my name, I didn't know who I was. I was hallucinating and they had to tie me down to the bed because I was so out of it and they had me tested and the doctor said, I was over medicated. The food was horrible, all they gave me was carbs and I was diabetic. They just didn't care and I talked to the dietician and she said that they don't have any special menu for diabetic people.When I was there, my blood sugar up above 300.

December 28, 2012

I've had multiple sclerosis for 35 years. I stayed in Golden Living Center for six weeks. The place smells and their food is not okay.

April 17, 2012

By Moose1

It was a pretty campus I guess, but the hallways all had that sterile "hospital" smell that never seems to get out of your nose. I never really enjoyed visiting, mostly because my Grandmother was dying there, but it did seem to be a very comfortable place for her to die. The staff were very professional, if a little impersonal and I was generally comfortable with the level of care my grandmother received.

August 03, 2011

By mya

A relative had to have rehab after a hip replacement. We were concerned that the rehab facility would be too much like a nursing home (long term stay) and she would be discouraged, but it was a great relief to see that the clients who resided with her during her recovery were highly motivated to return home. The rehab team was caring, supportive, and professional. The facility was clean and overall cheerful .I would recommend this place.

Photos of Roselane Health and Rehabilitation Center