Pinegate

Reviews of Pinegate

Independent Living Reviews for Pinegate

May 15, 2019

By georgebostic

The manager was so nice and accommodating. The facility provided a two day stay in one of the suites for my mother that my wife and I truly appreciated. My mother only stayed one night and she did enjoy her stay but our family thinks she is not ready yet to move away from family. I believe my mother needs more than just independent living she requires assisted living.

February 01, 2019

By Terry72

went to tour this retirement home for my dad . It was terrible. When we walked in, several people were at the desk swearing and talking. No one acknowledged us. The young girl at the desk was swearing and texting away. Not paying attention to anyone. Older lady in the office who appeared to the manager was rude and smelled of marijuana. As she walked by us, also on her phone being loud and yelling. No one noticed us. We looked around and walked out with no one saying a word.

Hey Terry, we are disappointed to read you did not have a pleasant experience at Pinegate. We passed your complaint to regional management for further investigation. They have found no evidence of unprofessional behavior or drug use. If you have any additional concerns you feel need to be addressed please reach out to us.

March 29, 2018

By Angie

My mother-in-law moved into Pinegate. The sales staff had an awesome spirit. It's been an awesome couple of months since she's been there. The staff is amazing and incredible. The food is better than mine, and every time we go, we ate there. We were blown away by Pinegate.

May 31, 2017

By jeff548732

My mother is in Pinegate. They have great faculty staff and a nice living environment. They have a homey atmosphere. My mother is in a one-bedroom with a living area, a stand-up shower, and a small porch at the back. The food is average. They serve three meals a day. The grounds are well kept, and the location is adequate. They have daily outings.

June 10, 2016

By KennyFDWPC

Pinegate was my favorite if I could afford it. They were very professional, and it was immaculately clean. They had a registered chef and a regular menu with alternative selections that would cover any special dietary needs. The rooms were very nice and large with fit plush carpeting throughout. The residents seemed friendly. They had transportation and either one or two outings a week where they take you in their van or bus to go shopping or to the theater. They had a game room, a TV room, and several games available. You can play chess, checkers, and cards. They allow small pets. Every room had either a balcony or opened to the outside if it is on the ground floor. It is three stories. For a retirement place, they had a fairly large number of men.

May 10, 2016

By ElijahSLZCA

The employees at Pinegate were awesome, but the management team had no concern for their residents. The activities there were lousy and consisted only of bingo and volleyball. There are 300 rooms in the building and only two elevators.

Hello ElijahSLZCA, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I'd like to thank you for reaching out and sharing this feedback with us. We are so happy to hear you think our employees at Pinegate are awesome, but are very, very concerned to hear your thoughts regarding our management team. We'd love to connect with you directly so we can hear more about and address your concerns. In fact, our Resident Relations team can be reached by phone anytime at 800-370-8331, or email at resident.relations@holidaytouch.com. We hope to hear from and work with you soon, ElijahSLZCA, thank you once again for reaching out and sharing this feedback with us!

March 31, 2016

By Cindy121099350

My mother is in Pinegate. I like the facility and the manager. They have a bus service from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., so you don’t need a car. They will take you to doctors' appointments, any activities, or shopping. It is wonderful. They serve three gourmet meals a day prepared to meet everybody’s dietary needs. They have so many activities going on every day, plus a barber and beauty shop. The apartments range from a very small studio apartment to a two-bedroom home. You can visit anytime, and if you stay for an extended amount of time, they only charge you $5 a meal, so there are lots of family members visiting. They have a therapy room, exercise room, and gym equipment. In the kitchen, there's only a refrigerator and a sink, so you have to bring your own microwave. Across the street, there is a hospital, and down the street, there is a long-term-care hospital. It’s quiet, surrounded by trees, and used to be a home community. If you go to another state with a Holiday facility, you can stay there with the prices dependent on the place.

March 08, 2016

By Jewel5

I liked Pinegate and its nice surroundings. I saw a really nice one-bedroom apartment, but it did not have a kitchen, and the parking space was too far away from the apartment. There is less privacy in this facility because it’s like living in a house with somebody else, and I don’t like that.

February 21, 2016

By Tami9

Pinegate had everything we were looking for. The level of care they provide seems to be working for us. The staff are very informative and very nice. The atmosphere at this facility is very good and very upbeat. Everybody seems to care about everybody. They have all kinds of activities like bingo, art, and exercises. Mom is really enjoying it there.

January 28, 2016

By Paul119634450

I’m living at Pinegate Retirement Center. It’s nice. The staff is great. They’re nice. The environment is good. The food is good, too. I’m in a one-bedroom unit.

August 08, 2015

By Joan111195950

At Pinegate, the atmosphere was really nice and pleasant. The staff was very pleasant and very helpful. Everything there was really peaceful. We only toured one room, and it was nice. The facility was fine as it was. We didn't see a problem as far as getting in and out, and if you're independent living and if you want to go to anywhere, everything was very convenient and close.

November 01, 2014

By James96338050

My parents are in Pinegate Retirement Community. The managerial staff is really good. They are very caring and very concerned about my parents. We hired some caregivers as well but they are not associated with Pinegate. I will have to say that the only thing about Pinegate that I did not care for is their waiting staff in the dining room. The food and everything is really good. They have a nice selection. They keep coffee going all day. It is just that the servers that are not friendly. The apartment is very nice. It is a two-bedroom apartment with two full baths and a nice balcony out on the back of it. It has a little kitchenette. It is nice and comfortable. The dining room is very pretty. It is set-up very nicely. It is kind of like going into a very nice restaurant. You have your plates, your dishes set up nicely with the utensils, and they have tablecloths. I feel like my parents are pretty secure there. The doors are locked at 8:30. You have to have a key card to go in from the outside. They have activities like musicians coming in to play music. They have karaoke nights, poker night, bingo night, craft afternoon, and they have all kinds of staff like that.

December 24, 2013

By Mary76462550

Everything was very nice at Pinegate. They decorated it beautifully for the fall, and it was very clean. The staff was very accommodating and very friendly. The nurses and the aides were very attentive. They came to see if we needed anything. The 2-bedroom apartment was nice, too. The food was very good. They had activities like puzzles and paintings. However, we felt like it was not for us. There were a lot more patients that were invalid and we are not to that point yet.

July 30, 2012

By cbranflake

This retirement home is a very nice place. It is very well kept and look aesthetically beautiful. All of the retired citizens seem very happy including the retired citizen that I have visted. The rooms are nice and home-friendly. All of the staff are extremely nice and really care about the citizens. The citizens have their own space and are not crammed. My grandmother finds this facility very enjoyable. The facility is located in the middle of Macon's beauty with very nice botanical gardens and plant-life surrounding the facility. It is also close by to many of Macon's attractions. There is a mall and many restaurants in the surrounding area. The only negative comment I can make about this facility is the occasional rude employee that I have encountered. However, this should be expected in any time of work environment and should not discredit this wonderful facility. I think this place deserves more recognition.

Questions about Pinegate

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Pinegate. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Pinegate offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Pinegate exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Pinegate offer to independent living residents?

If Pinegate accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Pinegate work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Pinegate

Photos of Pinegate

Services and Amenities of Pinegate

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Storage Space, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Pinegate

Pinegate is located in Macon, GA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Pinegate for a visit...and stay!

Map of Pinegate