Laurel Grove

Reviews of Laurel Grove

Independent Living Reviews for Laurel Grove

April 11, 2017

By Brenda668833

I visited Laurel Grove. I liked their food, the facility, and the location. Unfortunately, we could not afford it. They were perfect. Everything was really nice. The staff we met was very nice. When we visited, they were having a church service and playing guitar and singing. It was very nice. They had breakfast, lunch, and dinner and we ate dinner there. My father could even take food up to his apartment. The people who worked and lived there were very nice. The room was adequately sized.

February 07, 2017

By Sarah381651

I loved Laurel Grove, but it was just so expensive. It was a big older building, and they had big rooms. The staff was nice. They were very helpful and cordial, and they answered all the questions that we had. They had the game room, and the movie theater type of thing. They told us about the activities, and we got an activity sheet, and we were just really interested in the living type -- the laundry, the tasks. They were telling us about the amenities that they have, and the staff that will come in and clean for you every once in a while. The food was good. It was a very nice place to stay, and you would love to stay there, if you could afford to stay there. They have a lot of activities and different things that they take you to.

January 09, 2017

By Kathleen556060

I'm in Laurel Grove. It is OK. The food is bad, but the people are nice and friendly. It has its good points and bad points. I have a studio apartment, and it is fine. It is adequate. Activities are fine too. I have been here for 2 months now.

January 07, 2017

By Marie372376

I'm living in Laurel Grove. I love it. The staff is excellent. The housekeeping, kitchen staff, and the dining room - they're all excellent. They offer a variety of each meal too. When I started out, I was in a one-bedroom because my husband was with me. I'm now in a studio, which I love because it is really all the room I need for being by myself. It is compact, but it is roomy enough that I have room to move around and have like a living room area and a bedroom area all in the same room. I have a little kitchenette area with a refrigerator, and I have my own microwave. I also have a separate bathroom. It is very nice. The dining area is very large. It is on the first floor. It is off the atrium and the activity center. They have round tables that are set for four people at each table, which makes for a nice dining experience because it kind of forces the people to socialize a little bit. I would recommend Laurel Grove to others.

November 21, 2016

By Dora376205

I liked Laurel Grove. I liked what they offered. They had outings. They would take you to the grocery stores, to the banks, and to your doctors. They served breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The staff was fine. The woman I spoke with was very informative. She told me about the clean-up and the laundry by their staff there. There was a laundry mat if you wanted to your own laundry. I liked the area too. Most of the people that I met were very knowledgeable.

November 01, 2016

By Joycelyn487832

We visited Laurel Grove, it was pretty nice and well-kept, and the grounds looked really nice. The rooms we saw were furnished, and they looked pretty nice and were of nice size. It seemed like an old building, but it looked updated, and the staff was really friendly.

August 22, 2016

By Lance450216

We liked Laurel Grove very much. They offered my mother a free week to visit, and we found the people to be very nice. We've had several personal friends who have had relatives there who liked it. We saw three or four different apartments. We saw the activity room and watched the residents make patriotic Memorial Day wreaths for the doors of the residences. They told us about how the residents make cookies and take them to the fire department and the police department every week. They talked about having ice cream socials every afternoon. They invited my mother to come back and stay with them day and night for a full week to see what it's like every day. We found the facility to be very good, and the food we had was excellent. The place is very small. Half of the people are Alzheimer's patients; they're in one wing. The place has assisted living residents in another wing.

August 22, 2016

By Kimberly627511

We visited and liked Laurel Grove. They had lunch with us. We loved the staff and the facility. It was just too far from our home. The place was clean. The staff was really friendly and helpful.

March 22, 2016

By Caring Daughter122212850

Mom was in Laurel Grove for a few months, but she changed her mind and moved in with my brother. The food and the people were great. I would recommend the place, but I guess Mom just did not like the whole concept. It was a clean, lovely, well-maintained place with friendly staff. They also had great activities like chair volleyball, horse racing with little horses on a track, bingo, sing-alongs, Bible groups, bridge groups, and crafts.

August 31, 2015

We visited Laurel Grove, and it's a beautiful facility. We room was very nice. We had lunch there, and the food was very good. Their dining area was very nice as well. The people who serve us lunch were very gracious, but when we went there for our appointment, there was no one to greet us. We kind of sat down and didn't know what to do. We sat for a little while, so I finally went in and we walked in a dining room. I went in and asked the waiter, and they gave us lunch, but after that, we didn't know what to do next. The lady who toured us was kind of annoyed because she knows that we will not be moving to that facility.

July 28, 2015

By JR Stallworth

I like Laurel Grove. It would cost me and my son about $4500, and the VA was going to pay about $1900 of it. It is still about $2600 left to pay, and that's pretty high a month. They were very nice to me. I talked to different people there. It was a very nice place -- high class and very clean. The rooms were nice, and for my son and me, it would be enough room. We ate lunch there, and it was very satisfactory. The dining area was very clean. I had no complaints whatsoever. The only thing is they had too much pork, and I don't eat pork. They were courteous, informative, and answered all my questions.

May 26, 2015

Laurel Grove is a very nice facility. The rooms are very nice, and the community is extremely nice. It is a senior living, and my parents have moved in there. The staff seems to be very nice. I will recommend because it is maintained, and the staff seems very attentive. It seems like a well-managed facility.

March 31, 2015

Laurel Grove was a nice place. The people were very nice. We had a good experience during our visit. We had lunch and the food was good. They had movie nights, shopping trips and exercise classes. I think they had a book club. It was very clean, neat and friendly.

March 19, 2015

Laurel Grove was nice. They were a little big. There was a lot of walking. The food was not as good as the other place, but it was still acceptable. The dining area was good, the people were friendly, and the rooms were pretty good. They were more flexible in pricing, and the cost of the room would never go up. They did a lot of things that I like actually. They seem to have a lot of different activities. If there is one thing they can improve on, it would be the quality of the food.

December 28, 2014

By Peggy46

Everyone at Laurel Grove was older, and I would not be comfortable there. It looked lovely, and the rooms were beautiful, but the food was not good. They seemed a little bit disorganized.

October 24, 2014

By Beverly44

Laurel Grove was nice, and the rooms were really nice but it was kind of small. She really wasn’t interested in that one because it was small, and the price was a lot. But otherwise, she likes the place.

September 21, 2013

By Ramona P.

Laurel Grove is a huge facility. In fact, it is twice as big as the other facility I've looked at. They have more people in there too. Their dining room is big. They have plenty of scheduled activities, which I'm really not interested in. They showed me the second floor but I'm not interested in that as well because I would like to be in the ground floor if ever. Because it is a huge place and thus many people living there, I don't like this facility overall.

Hi Ramona, We regret Laurel Grove was not the perfect solution for senior living, but thank you for considering us in your search.

August 29, 2013

By Lyn5

My dad is in Laurel Grove. It is a nice and cool place. It is well kept. The people are nice and sweet to my dad. They go above and beyond. They serve three meals a day and it is good. They have activities like Wii games and volleyball. People come in there and sing for them. They also have a movie room. They have a bus that takes them out shopping. It was just really far from my house but my dad loves it. I have actually recommended it to lots of people.

August 21, 2012

She's been with them for 3 years. We chose this facility because of the location, it's nice, she knew some people there, and I like the atmosphere. She's treated real fine.

September 27, 2011

By one life

The center is somewhat smaller than what i was looking for. The food was somewhat salty like the mashed potatoes and peas which i thought to be very unhealthy because all the residents are elderly and most already have health issues. On the other hand they have hardworking staff i watched some staff members freely do a double shift and to me it didn't seem like it was for the money it seemed as if they were caring and genuine employees taking the extra mile to help.

Costs for Laurel Grove

Photos of Laurel Grove

Services and Amenities of Laurel Grove

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Laurel Grove

Laurel Grove is located in Lawrenceville, GA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Laurel Grove for a visit...and stay!

Map of Laurel Grove