Cadence at Mt. Zion

Reviews of Cadence at Mt. Zion

Assisted Living Reviews for Cadence at Mt. Zion

September 09, 2021

By Cheryl

Cadence at Mt. Zion was just immaculate, and the staff was very professional. I went to see assisted living, and the room sizes were very large, so they were kind of like a little studio, or almost a one-bedroom apartment. The rooms, the hallways, and the walls were all immaculate. I had an appointment and the staff met us on time, and my mother really liked the facility. There was a service or something that was going on while we were there. We had an opportunity to see some of the activities, and some of the residents participating in them. We didn't try the food, but we saw the dining facilities. They have three different dining facilities, and you can choose to eat. If you're challenged, you just have to say if you can't hold a fork or something. They've got a dining facility where you can eat, and you can get assistance with eating. If you're more independent, you can go to a dining room where more independent folks go. You bring your own food, or you eat their food, and they allow you to eat on your own because you have that ability. They have three levels to choose from in those dining facilities. Even the landscaping at Cadence was immaculate. They had some people that were actually there doing some lawn landscaping and lawn care. There was no paper on the ground, no trash, even the parking lot had no trash. The landscaping was very well-maintained, and the grass was edged. If a person wants to sit outside, they could do so, and it was pleasant out there.

July 16, 2021

By Vincent

Everything about the tour we had with Cadence at Mt. Zion was great. The admission officer walked us through the facility, and she was great too. The rooms were nice, and it appears that the residents were well taken care of. All the staff greeted them when they were walking around, and from what we understand, there are a lot of activities that they have as well. So, we were extremely happy with what we saw.

July 10, 2021

By Kadasha

The director at Cadence at Mt. Zion was great and very informative. Once I started to speak about what I was looking for and what I needed for my dad, she agreed that it's not the place for him and it's too restrictive for his needs at the moment. She was very helpful in explaining what they could offer and what was possible at that location. She said that some of their residents still drive, and they can come and go at their leisure. But at memory care, they have locks. She showed me a room which I thought looked nice. It looked more like a room and less like an apartment. Both assisted living and memory care are housed in the same building, but they're on different wings. We walked throughout the grounds, it's not a huge facility. The staff I talked to said "This facility might not be good for you. However, here are a few more options that you might like." This place was beautiful, it's nice cadence and my knowledge was beautiful.

July 04, 2020

By Tonya

My brother was in Cadence at Mt. Zion, but he had sores on him in a short amount of time so we left. He had fallen and nobody attended to him, so the skin was scraped off his hand and his knee. The cable people came to put his cable in, but the receptionist chased them out. It was beautiful from the outside, but we had a problem when the girl cussed out the cablemen. Another issue he complained about is that they only served them something like two pieces of bacon. I Facetimed him all the time, and at one point he had on three different chain necklaces and they were all tangled around his neck with his mask choking him and he hadn't realized what was happening to him. Another thing was I gave them a check for $1,000 upfront and then wrote them a check for $4,200 for the first month and he was there for less than two weeks. The first thousand they said didn't have a purpose. On his fifth day was when she cussed the cable person even though he showed her his uniform and told her that he was there for the cable. On the fourth day they called and said that they needed to charge me for having his medicine bubble wrapped. I called the manager to say that I was going to move him because we were already having too many issues. They also had a long list of extra things they were going to charge him for, and I already told them upfront what my budget was. The final straw was when the lady cussed out the man and when I looked at their ratings and it was all a one. Then the manager said that she stands by the person who cussed out the cable man because she has worked with her for ten years, but I stand by the cable man because if their staff member cussed him out, how would they treat my disabled brother? They only bathed him once a week even though he was incontinent. At one point they said they were going to take him to play bingo, and he was looking forward to it because he had been quarantined, but they never came. They also didn't tell me upfront that I was going to furnish his room, so I had to spend $2,000 to get everything for his room and now it's just sitting in my garage. When I picked my brother up he had a skinned knee and his palm and knee were bleeding.

January 23, 2020

By James

The tour at Cadence at Mt. Zion was very nice. The staff was very cooperative and informative, and the place itself was really ideal. There was nothing I was really concerned about if my sister and brother-in-law were to live there, but their income is below the cost. The room they showed us was very nice, nicely decorated, clean, and more like an apartment. They have a nice layout of activities.

August 22, 2019

By Alexander

Cadence at Mt. Zion Jonesboro was a very nice place, but the place was very small, and the room did not have a TV, but they had wifi. The living atmosphere was very nice, and it was clean and well kept. The dining area was very nice. I had a positive impression of it.

May 31, 2019

By Janet

I liked Cadence at Mt. Zion. It was spacious, and there weren't people sitting all around. There were people in the play area, but it was not overcrowded. The people in charge were very considerate, asked questions, and were concerned. They took them out shopping and a whole bunch of other activities. It was a great place. I would go there myself. The staff was very informative and took me all around, and the place was very clean and inviting. It's almost like living in a nice hotel. It was sort of secluded, but it had grounds and was spacious. They had cafeterias, you could have your own bedroom and bring your own furniture, and they had game rooms.

October 01, 2018

By Beverly

Elmcroft of Mt. Zion was very nice. The staff was very friendly. We had lunch there and the food was really good. The rooms were very nice. Everybody had his/her own furniture, so each one was decorated differently. It was very nice. The seating area was very nice out front. They have patios outside. The staff was really concerned. They introduced my mom around to different staff members.

August 21, 2018

By Cheryl

My visit at Elmcroft was great. It was a very nice, clean community. The staff members were very nice and answered all my questions. The dining area was nice and decorated nicely with the tablecloths and cheery flowers on the tables. Overall, Elmcroft had a very nice atmosphere. The staff members were great.

July 17, 2018

By Gia

I like Elmcroft of Mt. Zion because it didn't feel institutionalized. I liked the rooms, the staff, and the environment. They provide different activities for different levels throughout the community. There are also three meals served every day. My mother will be in the memory care and it's kind of all-in. The only thing I have to do is make arrangements for when she needs to have her hair done, and I have to bring all her toiletries.

October 10, 2017

By Mary

If I have a loved one at Elmcroft of Mt. Zion, I would be comfortable with it. It was good because no one was wandering around by themselves. They have an activity room, but I didn't see anyone in there alone. There was somebody there with the people who were trying to involve themselves in physical activities. I thought that was good and safe. The staff seemed to care and they spoke in friendly and nice tones. We also went to a movie theater. They seemed to have a variety of plans that people can involve themselves in. The place was clean. The people were pleasant and smiled at us, which was important.

April 04, 2017

By Millile

I haven't been here that long (almost a year now) and have truly enjoyed my stay so far. I have felt very happy here and there is always something for us to participate in. The activities and food are wonderful

March 06, 2017

By Chris C.

When I was at Elmcroft of Mt. Zion, the bathroom wasn’t working. The eating area seemed too crowded. There was a big gap in the door, and I thought that a lot of things could come through the gap. The staff was OK.

December 06, 2016

By Jennie442006

We love it, and he is quite happy at Elmcroft. It was very clean, the service they give to their patients and the people that live there are amazing. The place was nice and clean. Everybody is professional and go out of their way to help. My father in law is in memory care, and they have art day, singing, games during the day, and all kinds of activities to keep them active.

November 25, 2016

By Darlene566611

Elmcroft of Mt. Zion was very pleasant. The location is good, and it would have been very convenient for me because I worked right down the street. It wasn't a very large community which what I was looking for. The grounds were good, and the staff I talked to was very helpful and gave me information. Somebody I know already had someone there, and they were pleased with the facility.

September 29, 2016

By Crystal623806

My parents are at Elmcroft of Mt. Zion now. It’s beautiful as far as the looks and the ambience of it, but what I don’t like about it is the response time. I’ve been there a few times when my dad and I have called, and it took them 45 to 50 minutes to come. They said they were changing shifts and were in briefing, and that’s what took so long, but to me that was still unacceptable. They’ve gotten rid of some people and new management has come in. It has very good food. The rooms and the bathrooms are nice as well. They have sliding doors, and they have mirrors on the closet. My mom walks with a walker, and my dad’s back is always bothering him, but their room is on this long hallway, and it’s the last room on the hallway. I’ve asked them several times and they said they have the availability, but I’m waiting on them to move them. I think it’s just too much for them to walk this long hallway. The rooms have a big old privacy gate that’s around them, and when you open up the blinds and look out the window, you can’t see anything but a privacy gate.

September 19, 2016

By Julie612821

We liked the security and cleanliness at Elmcroft. The staff seemed very friendly. There was a variety of food; I like that the menus were up and posted in places. It showed you daily what was offered and what they have as alternative and if they had any allergies. It’s the only one I like.

September 13, 2016

By Dolores230830

Elmcroft of Mt. Zion was very nice. My mother liked the feel of it. It felt like home and was one level. They had transportation that would take them shopping. They had activities. We did not eat in there, but the menu looked very nice, and the food was cooked on the premises. They had movies nights, too.

July 29, 2016

By Kimberly154400

I really liked the private rooms at Elmcroft of Mt. Zion. It looked really good, like a home away from home, almost like a little retreat or a nice hotel room.

September 07, 2015

By Susan112355550

I really liked Elmcroft of Mt. Zion because of the flat area where you could move, and there was just one floor. The rooms were nice. In the resident's room, they could sit by the window, and they could see all the greens and everything out there. The staff was very friendly. The dining area was very inviting. They had like a long hallway, and they posted photos of the residents of what they did. That was really nice. When I was there, they were getting ready to go outdoors. There was a bus, and the people were lined up getting ready to board the bus. The place was really inviting. I liked the way they showed us stuff, like the resident could have the accomplishment posted to show their pride when they were more independent.

August 05, 2015

By Vonda1

We chose Elmcroft of Mt. Zion for my relative. The environment is very nice. The staff so far has been very helpful. The food is good. Their room is small, not spacious, but it was clean.

March 20, 2015

I ended up going with the place that we knew about because of a friend that was there, and this was Elmcroft in Jonesboro. All of the comments would be that the facility is nice, and the staff is very nice, and they are very accommodating. My grandmother is vegetarian, so they are working on to improve the food for her. The only thing they need to improve on would be options for food, but they are diligently working on it. They have lots of activities -- they shop and go out to eat, they have people come in for entertainment, and they have quite a few activities. They do a lot of activities, and my grandmother enjoys them.

September 23, 2014

Elmcroft of Mt Zion was fine. The rooms were okay, and they were a nice size. The people were friendly. I can't remember the activities, but I remember they showed me the room where they did the activities. I have placed my father in a personal care home, and I am not sure that I actually want to place him anywhere. But I would recommend this facility to others; It was nice. The staff member who gave us the tour was really friendly and very accommodating.

June 30, 2014

By Dorothy47

Their suites were smaller at Elmcroft at Mt. Zion. I was not able to eat there, but they do have a nice dining room with linens, tablecloths, and napkins on the table. I feel that there is really not much to do. They do have a reading room and places for the residents to sit out. They have nice garden. The whole facility is very clean and very quiet. Everybody seemed to be happy.

May 29, 2014

By David86527250

We had to wait for our turn when we had our visit at Elmcroft at Mt. Zion. There was a mix up of time. Cleanliness-wise it was OK. We went there in the evening time, so I was not able to see much activity. They showed me some of the rooms, and their rooms seemed nice. They were cheaper than the other facility that I have visited. I think they need to improve their staff because they were loud when we were went there. They didn’t expect our visit.

May 20, 2014

I have my mother in Elmcroft. She's only been there about half a month. I like the atmosphere and the people. They seem to be caring and attentive. It's immaculate. Her room is large enough for her. She has her own private bathroom, and she can lock her door. The dining area is like going out to dinner. She was very pleased with the people and how they treated her. There is a board of activities that stays full for the week, but presently my mother is in the hospital. She hasn't been able to partake in them. She's recovering, so I'm looking forward to going back there.

May 20, 2014

By Linda84542150

I don’t really have bad things to say about Elmcroft at Mt. Zion. It was a really cheery facility, and I really did like it. It had a nice atmosphere, and the staff was really friendly. It's a really, really nice place. I took a tour of the cafeteria, and it was really nice. The rooms were really, really nice. They have a lot of activities, like field trips and games.

September 12, 2012

By nick harry

From the moment you walk into the doors here you can feel the warm cozy atmosphere. The staff is well trained and is friendly. The residents seem to be happy and well cared for. There is a Memory care unit for those suffering from Dementia and Alzheimer's with compassionate caring staff. There are outings to town shopping and Arts events as well as Card Games Bridge and Poker are popular activities. The home was beautifully maintained and decorated and there were activities for the residents. The kitchenette was both beautiful and safe to use for my mother's elderly friend who stays there. Additionally, the surrounding area is great; there's a lot to do. Basically every store you would want is contained within a two mile radius of here, so it keeps the residents on their feet while at the same time providing a situation where anything is just five minutes away. There is an active calendar of events and activities, Bingo, Movies with Fresh Popcorn made in an old fashion Pop Corn Machine. There is no shortage of things to do here. The seniors are active and full of life. The grounds are gorgeous and well maintained. I can imagine warm summer nights here with fire flies lighting the dusk. Very nice facility I would place my loved one here.

Memory Care Reviews for Cadence at Mt. Zion

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: Pending

About Cadence at Mt. Zion

At Cadence Living, we are experts at connecting the right people, places, programs and processes to create beautifully orchestrated experiences within our communities.

Our highly respected team of professionals takes a holistic approach to lifestyle, health and wellness with supportive services that enrich, encourage and enhance life. Beautifully designed communities full of all of the features and amenities you want.

Assisted living is a long-term care setting in which residents receive housing, caregiver support and health care services on a daily basis, as needed. This living arrangement maximizes resident dignity, privacy and autonomy, much like independent living settings, and is designed for those who need some assistance with activities of daily living, but do not require 24-hour skilled nursing care.

Amenities offered in assisted living typically include 24-hour security, accessible campuses, community dining, housekeeping services, transportation, exercise and wellness programs, coordinated activities and social events. Care services include staff well-being checks, medication management, therapeutic services such as physical therapy, and assistance with eating, bathing, dressing and other activities of daily living.

Every senior living resident has individual needs, and those living with dementia often need different kinds of help at different stages. Typically, senior living communities offer traditional assisted living services, as well as care for people with advanced-stage dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Traditionally, there has been a care gap for those with mild-to-moderate memory impairment.

Jonesboro, Georgia is known for their excellent housing, entertainment and education. Located in the North-Central Georgia it's at the southern tip of the Appalachian Mountains.

Map of Cadence at Mt. Zion