Brasstown Manor

Reviews of Brasstown Manor

Assisted Living Reviews for Brasstown Manor

February 28, 2017

By Twinkie1945

Some dear people to me live in both the independent living side and the assisted living. The staff is always so welcoming and kind. It is nice that I can bring my dog (with a shot record) to visit them knowing that it provides a lot of comfort.

February 17, 2017

By HLJ

My dear friend lived at Brasstown Manor for several years and received so much love and care from the staff! Brasstown Manor became his family went above and beyond to make sure his quality of life was the best! I visited him often and personally can attest to his happiness. He has sadly passed away now and I will miss him, but will still visit his family at Brasstown Manor!

November 01, 2016

By Barry123

I am more than disgusted. I had a family member who lived in Independent Living and then moved to Assisted Living. Her medications were constantly messed up and there were days she never received any. Administration brushed it off as nothing and they can't keep a director for the resident services area.

October 10, 2016

By Very Very Disappointed

My relative was in their assisted living facility for 6 days recently and they did not give her any medication for 6 days. Needless to say she was quickly moved back out.

September 19, 2014

By Linda Collins

I have lived at Brasstown Manor for sixteen months and am very happy here. The residents and the staff have become like family. I'd recommend it to anyone who want to live in a beautiful, friendly place!

March 14, 2014

By Family Friend of resident

Helping to see to the affairs and medical needs of a dear friend who resides in the Independent Plus area of Brasstown Manor, I have had occasion to visit the Manor at least once a week for the past 18 months. Moving into a residence center is a major adjustment for most folks. Giving up their independence, living amongst strangers, bringing just a small percentage of your treasures collected over a lifetime; these are the most difficult aspects of this transition. I have found that everyone affiliated with Brasstown Manor, from the top administrators to the guy that fixes the creak in the door, are committed to making a new resident’s transition as pleasant as possible. After the resident adjusts to their new, extended family, everyone continues to be kind, efficient and truly accommodating. Yes, the facility is beautiful, and so are the hearts of the people that work there.

January 20, 2012

By BethM1

This is a beautiful facility in the North Georgia Mountains. Our dear friend moved in shortly before Christmas. The facility was decorated so beautifully!The dining hall is excellent, clean, and serves the residents cheerfully. The staff is very compassionate, accommodating, and responds to needs in a timely manner. The administrative personnel are quick to retrieve printed copies of any billing information that is required for filing insurance, Veteran's benefits, etc., and offers in-house assistance for filing paperwork. Patient medication is distributed in individual packets each day, however, the first two days of our friend's stay, the attendant handed her erroneous medication for another resident. This was quickly averted and no errors have occurred since and there was no ill affects since the erroneous medication was not taken, but the error caught in time.I would certainly reccommend this facility to anyone with a relative or friend in need of assisted living.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Brasstown Manor

June 22, 2011

By StormLes

Brasstown Manor is clean and appears to have been designed with the residents' comfort in mind. The decor in the common rooms is beautiful. The staff is friendly and courteous. There appears to be regular activities for the residents, including trips to go shopping. If patients have any concerns, there is a nurse available during the day to speak with or the nurse can be called after hours if necessary. Chatuge Regional Hospital is nearby so emergency care is available within minutes. Night shift does appear to be a little understaffed, although that may have changed since my visit. While I understand that a full staff isn't necessary when most of the residents are sleeping, I would prefer that there be more than two people to cover the entire facility, including the independent living wing.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Brasstown Manor

• Pets: No Pets

About Brasstown Manor

Brasstown Manor is a senior living provider in Hiawassee, Georgia that offers residents Assisted Living and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Brasstown Manor for more details on services and rates.

Map of Brasstown Manor