Smoky Springs

Reviews of Smoky Springs

Independent Living Reviews for Smoky Springs

August 26, 2020

By suzy2522

Actually, everything and everyone associated with this facility is totally top notch! We love it and are so very comfortable knowing our Mom is so well taken care of.

August 26, 2020

By lghitt

Kathy and her staff are great about caring for the residents. The food is great and the staff takes extra care to make sure everyone is healthy.

July 15, 2019

By Sheila

Smoky Springs has a very nice appearance and it looks like it's kept clean. There were no problems with the tour at all and they showed us what was available. It's independent living, but even if you need assisted living, they'll still take you. There's a barber shop, beauty shop, coin-operated laundry on every floor, or you can pay to have someone do your laundry. They change the linens weekly. The grounds are well-maintained, the halls are wide, and they have a beautiful dining room. Everything is welcoming looking. My negative about the place is that if the pricing changes, they call you right at the end of the month and they offer you a great deal, but if you don't take it that last day of the month, it's gone the first day of the following month. The pricing should be what it is and shouldn’t fluctuate. They have two contracted groups that handle and dispense the medication and they can give you no information about that at all when you're there except to tell you that you have to call and talk to them. They're very expensive, both about $6 a visit.

January 07, 2019

By Tommel

My parents love Smoky Springs. They're doing really well. Their life is much better there than it was at home. It's big. It has a beautiful common area, a beautiful dining room, and its hallways are carpeted, which I really like. Everything's very clean and very updated. We really like it a lot. They have lots of activities. They go on trips, they go to restaurants, they do tai-chi, they sing church songs, there's a movie night in the TV room, they have an artist that comes in and does classes, they play bingo, and balloon volleyball. The food is great. We're very happy with it.

February 14, 2018

By Reviewer

We chose Smoky Springs for my mom because we were building a house near there and we want my mom to be closer to us. We also picked the area because it's kind of out of the main city and more in the country, so it's a little bit more peaceful. My mom likes the area a little bit better. They're pretty good. There have been some issues with dining and meals, but they're trying to resolve that. Also, some people are letting their dogs go off leash, which is an ongoing problem, but they're trying to get that under wraps. They have pretty good people there.

May 10, 2017

By Martin608082

Smoky Springs was prestigious and had elevators to get around. The smell from the kitchen was very nice. The grounds were well kept, and people had the freedom to put what they wanted on the balconies. Their pricing was comparable, if not better than some areas around. Their manager was extremely upfront with me, didn't try to sell me something, and told me ideas that may help. They were more concerned with being caring toward the customers than worry about profit, which was nice. They're very nice people.

May 08, 2017

By Karen316057

The facilities at Smoky Springs were nice. A little expensive as it is, everything is nice. The people that I met were especially nice, and the administrative person was very cordial and knowledgeable. Eating lunch with them, I noticed that they all seemed to be interacting with the people at their tables. They were playing a little volleyball in the center of the lounge. There were quite a few of them who were doing that, and it seemed like a good idea. The food was alright. They had just lost their chef, so I don’t know if the food was better or worse now. Some of the people were complaining about the service of this and that, but it didn’t bother me. I thought everything was fine.

April 12, 2017

By Frank512614

Mother is in Smoky Springs. I think they're terrific. The people are nice, and I haven't found anything to complain about. I would certainly recommend it to someone. The rooms and dining rooms were nice, and the food tasted good. Everything seemed to be fine.

January 31, 2017

By Darlene 1

I have been to the facility in Gainesville, GA, three times visiting a long time friend. I thought very highly of the facility and what they provided seniors who are primarily independent until recently when my loved one told me the facility no longer provided staff over night! The residents are being asked to wear buttons around their neck they are to activate if an emergency should arise. Too many scenarios play out in my mind. It cannot cost that much to pay someone to stay the night and to be on call. To add insult to injury, the residents were not forewarned of this change and I'm positive the contracts haven't been updated to reflect this drastic change. Get with it Smoky Springs! Provide oversight to these seniors and show them they are valued!

Hello Darlene, thank you so much for reaching out and sharing this feedback with us. We are so happy to hear you've always thought highly of our community, but are very concerned to hear you are now worried about some of the recent changes we've been making to help improve the safety of our residents and shorten the response time by trained medical professionals in the event of an emergency. We would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you, and show you these changes are designed with the safety and well-being of our residents top of mind. Please, give our Resident Relations team a call anytime. We really hope to hear from you, and wish you all the best in the meantime! Thank you so much once again for reaching out, and providing us the opportunity to address these concerns -- we appreciate it, and you!

December 16, 2016

By Jeff818661

I thought Smoky Springs was fantastic. The single rooms were exceptionally small for the price, but the three-bedroom was nice with the outside balcony. The dining area was fine, but the amount of food per resident was child-sized portions. The grounds seemed kept up and nice; however, parking was something else.

December 03, 2016

By Angela017424

Smoky Springs is a very nice place -- independent living more than assisted living. The rooms are very spacious compared to the other places. There's an activity room and an exercise room, and they have a chapel here, dining room, and beauty shop.

November 24, 2016

By HB842066

Smoky Springs has very crowded parking. It was centrally located, so it was in a good location. It is close to North Georgia hospital, but it was a really crowded area. It was an older facility, and it's just not appealing to me. The staff members were very nice and friendly. I did not like the area that you drove into, and you had to park because it's very crowded. The facilities were older, and it's just not what we're looking for. It's a little more expensive than some places. There was a buy-in fee that you had to pay just to move in. It didn't interest me that much.

November 19, 2016

By Bill620455

Smoky Springs had a room with a separate bedroom. They have a very limited parking, so that would be a concern if you still drive.

November 01, 2016

By Earl387160

Smoky Springs was 70 miles away from us, but it’s spacious, and the food was very good. The accommodations were also good. They have pretty good program, physical therapy, and they had a pool. They had a qualified water therapist, and that was certainly a plus. If that one had been 25 miles, I thought mom probably would have chosen that one. When she and my wife visited, the staff really went out of their way to really make it a great visit, and my mother was very impressed with it.

February 26, 2016

By anonymous121193950

I lived at Smoky Springs for about six months. There were a lot of residents that were very welcoming, friendly, and agreeable. We could differ on opinions, but we did it kindly, which I found refreshing and very pleasant. However, the management there changed a lot. They had a whole different system where they had 24-hour management on deck and the managers lived there. There were two sets of married managers, so there was always somebody on call there and had call buttons. It was more caring-oriented. Personally, I did not like the three meals a day provided. However, the fact that it had a greater degree of security was a plus.

December 17, 2015

By Visitor26

Smoky Springs was very nice, very clean, and well kept up. There were quite a few activities. They had a pool table, a library, and the one thing I enjoyed was the piano playing down there. They also had a weight room/workout room.

October 11, 2015

By Ellen113506150

The person in charge at Smokey Springs was most gracious and even invited my friend and I for a guest luncheon. After all was said and done my friend and I were very well informed about the facility, its amenities and costs per month, and found the cost per month for either of us was more than we could afford, therefore, we have stopped looking into Assisted Living as an option! Thank you for giving us a tour of the facility, we appreciate all your help and concern for our well-being in this matter. Sincerely, Ellen Glicini

September 29, 2015

Smoky Springs is fine. It was convenient; it was in town, near doctors and health centers. The staff was fine; they reach out to us. The facility was nice and well kept, and they have a lot of activities going on, but they didn’t have anything available in his price range.

September 07, 2015

By Candace10

Smoky Springs was convenient to where I live and probably the most affordable for my mother-in-law's budget. It had everything that we were looking for. It's also located very close to one of the best hospitals in Georgia and lots of doctor's offices. It just worked out really well. The staff is very good; I don't have any issues with them. The food is very good too.

January 12, 2015

By anonymous100282850

My dad is in Smoky Springs, and it is a nice place. It is very vibrant and joyful. They have plenty of activities. They provide food, and the place is clean. The staff is wonderful, and I couldn’t be any happier.

December 09, 2014

I'm living here at Smoky Springs. The accommodations and landscaping are beautiful. It is very pretty. The staff is very good. However, one chef had just left, and they hired another one, which I don't think is working out too well. I do have a nice apartment here, but I'm a little concerned about some of the safety measures they have.

Thank you so very, very much for your feedback. We take safety very seriously at Holiday and want to learn more about how we can approve. Would you mind sharing more details with us? Please call our Resident Relations line at 1-800-370-8331 at your earliest convenience. Thanks again. Feedback from our residents and associates is what makes us better.

November 30, 2014

By Felix2

I’m in Smoky Springs right now. The staff is fantastic. They are very attentive to your needs. They bend over backwards to help you out in any way that they can. They look out for you. Meals are served 3 times a day. It’s impeccable, immaculate, and kept very well, and it’s nice and clean. They’re getting ready to change out all the carpets throughout the entire facility. It’s a very nice place to live. They do have assisted living that you have to pay extra for, but if you’re looking for an independent-living type of situation, it’s perfect for that. They have numerous outings throughout the day and throughout the week so they keep you pretty busy. They have a barber shop and a beauty shop. They have a chapel. They have transportation to doctor’s appointments and runs to Wal-Mart.

June 30, 2014

By Mabel1

I like the studio in Smoky Springs, and I'm waiting for a vacancy. It is beautiful. The room is big with a kitchenette, a bath, and a shower. The staff is very accommodating.

May 29, 2014

Smoky Springs is a great place. Mother stayed there. They had a laundry room that she could use. It was a very nice room. It was clean and neat. 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartment. My memory is that the dining room was great. Service was good. I would recommend Smoky Springs to anyone.

April 11, 2014

By Carolyn43

I did take her to see Smoky Springs. It's quite nice, but she lives in Texas. She has lived there all of her life, and she doesn't want to move. I thought the cost was very reasonable, and the amenities were really quite nice. I liked it because it was across from my house and it was very warm and small. She's shy, but I think they would really work to help her get integrated into the lifestyle there. They did have us for lunch, and the food was quite good. They had exercise class, book clubs, and movie night. One thing, they allow you to have a pet there, which is very nice. Every room had a little balcony, so she could have flowers outside.

February 27, 2014

Smoky Springs would have been my first choice for my father, but it wasn't my decision to make. It didn't have a swimming pool and all, but it was more of what I feel he needed. Our tour director was very accommodating, but kind of pushy. He kept calling. And that is actually what turned my dad off. The food was awesome. It was just lunch, but it was incredible. I like the fact that they have round the clock people. In case they need something, they have call buttons in their room. It's much more accommodating for people who are handicapped or will become handicapped. I also like that you don't have to move out when you get to where you need more assistance. It could have a little bit more of a kitchen area, and washer and dryers in the apartment. I guarantee more people would choose it, because everything else is awesome. They have a lot of activities. They will take them to doctor's appointments and they would take them where they need to go. It was all inclusive. There are more amenities, too. They change your bed for you and they provide the linens. That's awesome. The person that interviewed us and took us around seemed very sincere. If I have to be put in a place like that, I'm choosing Smoky Springs.

September 23, 2013

Smoky Springs is a very nice facility but it is a little too pricey for us. It offers both independent and assisted living. Their staff was very friendly and very helpful during our visit. Their rooms were nice. Their dining room looked okay. I think they have a pool room and a fitness center. I would recommend this place.

August 09, 2013

By Ski hog

Other

no ratings...do not move in..current management horrible. So much stress to move in, pay a lot of money in hopes that you have found a wonderful place to live to discover you have to stress on having to find another home as the living conditions are deplorable.

Hello, thank you for your review. We regret to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your experience at our community and are confident this does not represent our community as a whole. We understand that many personnel changes and restructuring have occurred since your experience at our community and we hope to get a second chance to show you how great our leadership is. Thank you

March 22, 2012

By Xenna

I went to this facility with my parents to see what kind of place it was. Upon ariving the grounds and outsides of the building were very clean. When stepping inside the front desk attendent greeted us and was very friendly. We were shown around. The entire building was very clean and smelled fresh. All of the staff that I met were very nice and friendly faces. The residents that lived there seemed very happy. The dining area had a beautiful fireplace and the tables were all set. The selection of food that a resident could choose from the menu was wonderful. There is a covered back porch with rocking chairs on the back side of the building. There is a shuffle board area where the residents can play. The rooms are very roomy and in great shape. There is also a bus that takes the residents on shopping trips and other type of trips. I think this is wonderful because it lets people still be able to get out. Over all this place seems to be a very postive and clean living enviroment. There are many activities for people to engage in. The staff was able to answer any questions that I had and were very patient with me. They talked with me until I was finished. I felt no rush. Wonderful place.

January 07, 2012

By GreenMan11

Smoky Springs provides a pleasant, warm atmosphere for senior living in Gainesville, GA. Because of its moderately small size, Smoky Springs gives the feel of a quiet apartment building and is recessed from the main road which helps some with privacy. Inside, the buildings are all fairly new, well furnished, and very clean, giving the impression this would be an enjoyable place to stay. Meal times are usually fun and social, with everyone dining at the same time in the same room. Overall the food is not anything to write home about, but the staff works to make things as fun and exciting as possible, and the desserts are always good! Although evening meals can sometimes be bland, there are regular activities such as exercise and karaoke, which are not only fun but give the residents opportunity to spend time together. The one thing I would add to Smoky Springs, would be more areas outdoors for residents to enjoy. Because of its location there could easily be some small park-like areas with benches and paths directly around the buildings for walking, allowing residents to enjoy the fresh air and exercise. Overall I would rate Smoky Springs as a very pleasant place and think its location in the city of Gainesville would make it a very comfortable place to call home.

June 30, 2011

By GuiCyber

After my husband died, I went out searching for a retirement home to live in since I didn't want to live alone. I went out searching through quite a few and found this place. The workers, and the people staying there were friendly. The place had an excellent library, and an even better church. They also had lots of stuff for us to do in our free time. There were an art room, and pool tables, and every Friday night they put on a special show for everyone to watch. Although I didn't move here in the end I would of if I didn't go to another retirement home.

Questions about Smoky Springs

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Smoky Springs. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Smoky Springs offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Smoky Springs exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Smoky Springs offer to independent living residents?

If Smoky Springs accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Smoky Springs work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Smoky Springs

Photos of Smoky Springs

Services and Amenities of Smoky Springs

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Smoky Springs

Smoky Springs is located in Gainesville, GA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Smoky Springs for a visit...and stay!

Map of Smoky Springs