The Phoenix at Dunwoody

Reviews of The Phoenix at Dunwoody

Assisted Living Reviews for The Phoenix at Dunwoody

September 12, 2011

By Atlanta Pear

Met with their marketing director for a tour in June/July 2011. She said that they were getting ready to redo the place. It has a nice lobby and looked o.k.. I did not see a lot of people in the assisted living section, I sid see about 4 people in assisted living playing cards upstairs on the 2nd or 3rd floor and saw one gentleman still in the dining room eating during my visit. I saw more people in the area downstairs for people with dementia. The outside area for the residents that had dementia was really small. I mean really really small. The main living room area was larger in that section and seemed large enough for the number of people they had that I saw - but not the outside area. Some of the rooms in the assisted living area had balconies and that was nice. The marketing director told me there was not a charge to take someone to the doctor and stay with them while they were at the doctor. I find that hard to believe, how can they have enough staff to do that? The other places in the area said that if a staff person had to stay with you then there was a charge for staff time (makes sense). I ask this specific question of the person that did the follow up call to me as well (not person that toured me) and was told no, there was no charge. When I called back to clarify, that is when I found out the marketing director was no longer there.

August 24, 2011

By Laura Simon

During frequent visits to this facility, I was always impressed by the staff on the main assisted living floor, and downstairs in memory care. The staff over all is very loving and hands on, which is not always the case in these facilities. Very warm and fuzzy, without being enabling. Whenever a resident passes away, a memorial and picture is put on display for the other residents to pray for them if so inclined. I like that. The place was clean, the food good, and the outdoor sitting areas comfortable. I also liked that they had fairly regular entertainment for the residents and guests, which were fun!

July 18, 2011

By Idalou

My mom lived at this place for a year We had 4 Directors and the employee turn-over was terrible.Meds were late messed-up or note given. The techs were not trained and when we did get Good nursing care they left with-out any reasons of why given to the pt.s or families. I am so glad to have my mom out. Beware!

Costs for The Phoenix at Dunwoody

Photos of The Phoenix at Dunwoody

Services and Amenities of The Phoenix at Dunwoody

• Minimum Age: None

• State Licenses: PCH008216

About The Phoenix at Dunwoody

The Phoenix at Dunwoody is perfectly situated to offer the ideal balance of privacy and convenience. With neighboring cities such as Marietta, Sandy Springs, and Roswell, our facility is easily accessible by Hwy 400, Interstate 285, and Interstate 75. With the Chattahoochee Park nearby, The Phoenix at Dunwoody is naturally surrounded by seasonal foliage and a variety of plant life.

Convenient nearby amenities include: