Southern Haven Senior living & Memory Care

Assisted Living Reviews for Southern Haven Senior living & Memory Care

August 10, 2015

By Cleo Evans

Other

I volunteered at Southern Haven this past summer. Every time I came in, the home was clean, and all of the staff were welcoming and friendly. They played games with the residents to help engage memory and keep them active. At mealtimes, residents receive excellent home-cooked meals (and they are quite good because I've tried some myself). The staff encourage residents to do as much on their own as possible, but they always provide aid for the residents with more difficulty eating. From what I've seen, Southern Haven is a loving home where the staff members are like family to the people under their care.

July 03, 2015

By Kanga2

My mother is a resident of Southern Haven Assisted Care facility and after touring numerous facilities we decided that Southern haven was the best place for my mom. Southern Haven has the advantage of being a smaller facility, which has a more intimate setting, which can be less confusing to a resident who has Alzheimer's disease. The care givers show lots of love and kindness to the residents there. The facility looks very new and is kept clean. The facility is set in a peaceful location overlooking a lake and fields in the distance. This residence also has the advantage of being a very secure unit, with locked doors and alarms, which is an advantage for Alzheimer's patients who wander.

June 25, 2015

By TSManey

My mother-in-law was moved into Southern Haven after about a two month stay in a larger nursing home. I was very pleased when she was moved, I have never liked nursing homes with the bad smell and 50 or so patients and very few care givers. When we got to Southern Haven it was totally different no smell unless it was the very good home made food around lunch or dinner. There are less than 15 patients and several care givers that do a wonderful job with each patient. I know the owner has went to meetings and classes to learn more about the diseases some of the patients have, that she did not know much about. The owner and care givers truly seem to care about the patients and family members and keep us well informed.

June 22, 2015

By Nancy Vickery

Southern Haven has been the perfect place for my 98-year-old mother to live. The owner, Sophie, has created a safe, comfortable, and compassionate environment for the residents. Southern Haven does not feel like a facility...it feels like home, with a wonderful family atmosphere. The staff is caring, responsive, and affectionate. They treat the residents with dignity, and safety is of the utmost importance. Communication with the resident's family is prompt when a need arises. I am most grateful to all of the caregivers at Southern Haven for taking such good care of my mom!

June 21, 2015

By Mike Johnson

After being care giver for both my parents for 3 years, the time had come that they need more care than I could give. We started looking into assisted living facilities around around the area and decided that Southern Haven would be best suited for their needs. Southern Haven has exceeded our expectations and provided a family type atmosphere to them as well as professional care. The staff is very patient and understanding to their needs. Thank you very much Southern Haven and staff! -Mike Johnson

June 21, 2015

By Larry Browder

My Mother has lived at Southern Haven for over 2 years. They have been kind to her and have taken good care of her. They also have kept me informed about her needs and condition. I have been well satisfied with their service. -Larry Browder

June 20, 2013

By Concern Family Member

Other

The staff here is great especially Crystal, however the owner of the assisted living facility isn't qualified nor seems to have any training to be over a facility that has patients with Dementia or Alzheimer's Disease. & Doesn't have any personal skills to work with the families with these problems. Would NOT recommend this place because of her to anyone.

August 04, 2011

By ScottM

Southern Haven is a beautiful small assisted living home for mental health patients in Dalton, Ga. The staff are friendly country people who make you feel right at home when you first walk in. I toured the facility and had lunch there with the owner, the food was superb! All the residents seem to be happy, full of life, and they immediately strike up a conversation with you. The amenities are not the best around but there is still plenty to do and there are scheduled outings to restaurants and shopping centers. One of the best things about the facility was their wonderful views of the countryside, out of the front window you can see large pastureland and a view of the mountains, and the backyard has a walkway that leads down to a nice sized fishing pond. It was amazing to find such a great country style home so close to the hospital and local doctor offices.

Photos of Southern Haven Senior living & Memory Care

Services and Amenities of Southern Haven Senior living & Memory Care

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 6.5

• State Licenses: PCH006856

About Southern Haven Senior living & Memory Care

Services

• Fine country-style home cooked meals as well as nourishing and delicious snacks.
  • Free laundry service provided as needed for linens and personal items.
  • Daily housekeeping services.
  • All utilities are provided without added expense.
  • Free cable television and internet access.
  • We offer assistance with self administration of medicine, also scheduling and storing of medication

Map of Southern Haven Senior living & Memory Care