Remington House

Reviews of Remington House

Assisted Living Reviews for Remington House

July 28, 2016

By GM731172

My friend is at Remington House It’s a very good and well-maintained community. She says that the staff is wonderful. It’s also convenient for her as it’s close to her house. They have different of levels of care and that makes a difference. The dining room is beautiful. It’s a really gorgeous place. They actually take their residents out in the community, which is very good. They go to lunch and shopping and do a lot with the seniors.

April 20, 2016

By Tina45

Remington House was a very nice place with a lot of activities and interactions with the seniors. I know of two or three people who already stayed there. The layout is nice; the rooms are big plus they have different wings and couples, so you can have a husband and wife live together. They offer a lot, but their pricing is really out of my range and very expensive.

November 15, 2015

Remington House has a really homey atmosphere. My relative has a very nice room and does lots of activities. Cleanliness is excellent.

May 31, 2015

By Johnny9

My aunt had stayed at Remington House. The personnel there were wonderful. They had a lot of activities. The food was wonderful. I ate there a lot. They had very nice big rooms. It was like a little studio apartment. It was secured. There was somebody at the door all the time. I was totally pleased with them.

March 30, 2015

Remington was excellent. If I ever become filthy rich, that's where I'm going. Your parents need to be mobile though. It's the cream of the crop. The dining room was exquisite. The atmosphere was like going to a resort, Hyatt, or Hilton. They did have a big board of listed activities such as board games, bingo, and crafts. The activity director would bring in people to do potteries, exercise, yoga, and tai chi. The dining room had 100 or more tables, which were elegant, like a five-star restaurant. They had their own chef, and you could pick a meal. They were excellent, but the problem was that they're too expensive.

September 08, 2014

By Joyce49

On the last day of my rehab at Remington, my granddaughter had a man from Remington House bring a wheeler and let me go and look at it. He took me in the wheelchair and served us lunch and that was the most beautiful place I had ever seen. It was around Christmas and it was absolutely beautiful. The dining room where they invited us to lunch, the food and the table was beautiful. They took us to see the room and everything about it was just beautiful.

August 28, 2014

Remington was an excellent facility, unlike the facility where my mom is now. They have aging in place and as your life changes, the quality of care can change and it could be upgraded so you wouldn’t have to leave to go to another facility. What I also like is that they have independent living as well as a whole section of one-bedroom apartments so you can live there on your own and have a kitchen to cook for yourself. Part of their amenities package is you get to have one meal a day at the assisted care facility -- it’s your choice of whether it's breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You also get the benefit of participating in any of the activities. Once again, you could live independently, but you’re not alone. You don’t feel like you are by yourself. I didn’t see the independent living apartments, but I saw the apartments in the assisted living area. The apartments were nice -- they were like studio apartments and they had a bathroom. You could also have your own refrigerator and microwave. People in the assisted living section got all of their meals with the program and you have your personal furniture there.

July 31, 2014

By Myra1

Remington House is convenient to where we live and financially, it is a better place for my sister's budget. The staff is wonderful. Their cleanliness is excellent. They have people to clean the rooms and they are all good. The offer activities and she goes to a lot of them. They have bingo, movies, billiards, card tables and arts and crafts. They take them out shopping and they have worship service. They try to have the whole gambit covered. She is very happy there and I have nothing negative to say about them.

April 01, 2014

By William30

We visited Remington. It looked very nice. The woman who gave us the tour was very nice and professional. She was really trying hard to get us into it. The facility was very clean and spacious. They have a pool table room and a library. She told us that they did things like bingo. The dining room was big.

December 30, 2013

By Caring82052350

I did visit Remington when they have a drivers class there. It was nice but I didn't see much of it. I've seen it from the outside and it looked nice but not as attractive as the other facility.

December 16, 2013

By Susan81242950

People who were in the Remington House looked very well taken care of and they were very, very happy. The place was immaculate. The elderly people who were in wheel chairs were truly very happy people; they were just ecstatic. I've never seen that in a nursing home or anywhere where there was so much happiness in an elderly home. I've visited some residents that were bedridden and in separate rooms, and they were very clean, very rested, and very well taken care of.

December 16, 2013

By Russ5

We went to see the Remington House. It was a very very nice facility. It was super! I like best its cleanliness and the program they offer. Their rooms were very nice. They have several things for their residents including some outside activities. The one staff we came in contact with was very nice and very helpful. The people staying there seemed to be very happy as well.

October 25, 2013

By Norris1

Remington House were flexible in terms with their price and its very nice facility. As far as I can remember, they have a pretty big dining rom. The people that showed us around were nice and helpful. They offer two meals a day.

October 05, 2013

By Jack17

Remington House is close by my residence. Aside from the location, we also chose this facility because my mother liked it best among the facilities we visited. I also like that it is a large campus. There are plenty of places to go. There is independent living on one side and assisted living on the other side. My mom is in the independent living for about a week now. Their rooms seem to be nice. Regarding activities, there seems to be an abundance of them there. They have bingo, exercise, arts and crafts, puzzles, etc. In fact, my mother has already participated in a few of them. They have a real nice lunch, which is their main meal, and they would serve it in such a way that people are sitting together and nobody is left out. I've eaten there more than once. It's not homecooking but it's good. My mom was under a lot of stress going into a place like this, but we have seen great improvement so far. Right now, she seems to be satisfied being there.

August 19, 2011

By angelboots

My grandmother lives at Remington House. Very impressive senior community! Excellent care, clean, and attentive staff and management. Would recommend this place highly if you are looking for assisted or independent living.

August 03, 2010

By polarbear14

Awesome place to live

My father-n-law lived here until he died. He loved living there. Excellent care, fantastic decorated place, well kept, and not bad prices. It is a place to really consider when placing a loved one to live. I would like living there.

Independent Living Reviews for Remington House

April 28, 2014

By caring010418

Remington stood out because of the personal qualities that were extended to the residents themselves. The apartments are neat, clean, well-organized, intimate, and very personalized. It is homey and private. It doesn’t have a nursing home atmosphere. I did view the dining facility, and I talked to the lady in charge there. Everything looked very appetizing and very professional. It was like dining in a four-star restaurant. For activities, I have observed some, and there was something for everyone. There was no reason to claim boredom. There were activities that try to involve the residents and not let them feel apart from the community.

April 25, 2014

By Caring82662050

Remington is nice, and it was clean. They have a lot of things for the residents to do and activities planned, like entertainment. The dining area was nice. I met with the assistant director, and she was nice.

Costs for Remington House

• Staff Patient Ratio: 10:1

• Licenses: Personal Care Home
  • State Licenses: PCH006948

About Remington House

Senior assisted living at Regal Estates of League City offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Regal Estates of League City, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in League City has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Regal Estates of League City, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Regal Estates of League City offers independent living in League City for seniors who are able and inclined to live independently, but crave the comfort, security and social opportunity a retirement community offers.

On-call assistance and maintenance-free living means you never need worry about anything but living life to the fullest! Just steps from your front door, you'll find easy access to a fitness center, media room and a wide assortment of activities, as well as special events and regularly scheduled outings into the community.

If you are looking for a vibrant, active place to call home during your retirement years, Regal Estates of League City will fulfill your desires. Come visit us and see how great senior independent living can be.

Independent Living Amenities

• All utilities included except telephone and cable
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • Guest Suites
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Safety features including smoke detectors and sprinklers
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™

Winner of Readers Choice Awards for Best Assisted Living Community for 5 years___ 3 Blocks from Rockdale Medical Center and Physician Office Complex___ Our own on-site beautiful Chapel with services every Sunday___ Beautiful courtyard with over one acre of spacious greenery___ Beautiful dining room with glass wall showcasing the outside courtyard and greenery

Map of Remington House