Riverplace

Offers Independent Living

6850 River Rd, Columbus, GA 31904
Riverplace (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 12 days

Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by January 31st. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of Riverplace

Independent Living Reviews for Riverplace

October 11, 2020

By Theresia

I have lived at Riverplace for over a year and love it. Staff is the best. Feels like living on a cruise ship. It is a lot of fun and I made many new friends.

October 11, 2020

By Steven

I enjoy the activities, fitness room, and meals. Overall, I am quite happy here. I have lived here for 9 years and hopefully for many more.

February 01, 2019

By Catherine

Riverplace was a very nice and clean facility. The staff was very friendly and the residents seemed like they were happy. They were very convenient to all types of shopping locations. The grounds were nicely kept up and organized. The rooms were very spacious and had a little kitchenette area, nice-sized closets, and easy to access bathroom and bathtubs. It’s very convenient for senior living. They had many activities to choose from and kept everybody busy in having different varieties of things to do every day. They even had an on-site barber shop and salon where they can get their hair and nails done. The food looked delicious and tasty.

September 06, 2018

By Shalina

My mom moved into Riverplace. It’s very clean, and very nice. They have a maid that comes once a week and cleans the place, washes the sheets, and towels. They have all kinds of activities every day. They have some kind of singing, they have a movie theater with recliners, a pool table, chess, and exercises. I’m really pleased. If she needs extra assistance, you have to pay for that. A lot of the people there do have private sitters, and I feel really good about the place. Mom likes the chair aerobics, she likes to socialize, and they have a full dining room. She’s in a 1-bedroom, but they also have studios.

Hi Shalina, it's great hearing such positive feedback from our residents and their family members. It lets us know we are doing a great job. We love having your mom with us at Riverplace. We hope to see you again soon. Let us know if we can be any help!

January 19, 2018

By Alfred

I visited Riverplace, and I think that's the place I want to go to. They have a Christian manager, they open it up to church meetings, and bible readings. I ate there, and the food was very dry. The facility is clean, restful, and has a pool table and a book area. They have a 1-bedroom available with a patio. The back of the facility has a forest, trees, and the front side faces the road.

February 26, 2017

By Joel138416

Riverplace was pretty impressive. The staff was really nice and really take care of the people who live there. They had three meals a day and activities almost every single day. They have a bus, so if you don’t drive, they will take you to your doctor’s appointment or shopping at no extra charge. They were really friendly and helpful; whatever you need, they will help you out. It is a retirement home, so you are on your own. If you need something, you just go to the desk and somebody is there to help. They had a chapel, a salon, a game room, a movie theater room, a library, and an exercise room. If you have some relatives from out of town, they had guestrooms where you can actually stay on the property at a very small fee that includes meals while your relatives are there. The food was excellent. If you are a diabetic, they have food for diabetics. I was impressed with the food made by gourmet chefs. They don’t use a lot of seasoning, so it’s pretty healthy and not in big portions, so, to me, it really helps the elderly watch what they eat.

February 23, 2017

By Rebecca837353

Riverplace was very clean, organized. The people seemed to be happy and content. The rooms were spacious, and it's what we were looking for. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It's like staying in a hotel; it's clean and very well-kept. The food was delicious; it was not the typical cafeteria food. The dining area is like going to a fine restaurant. We were around at Christmas time, and they had a lot of activities.

August 22, 2016

By Kathy865262

Riverplace is a very nice and very clean facility. The staff was very friendly and very professional. It’s in a good area. They had a lot of residents that had their own personal vehicles, so there were limited parking spaces for guests. The facility looked refreshing; there wasn’t a smell or an odor.

August 17, 2016

By GJ525010

Riverplace was my friend Janet's favorite because it was smaller. We liked the management and the layout of the facility. The residents seemed happy and very active in terms of reaching out to Janet. As we were walking down the halls, the residents were saying things like "Come join us" and "You'll like it here." The dining area is a nice space. The rooms are older. It's not a beautiful, brand-new facility, and the parking is right off the main street, but I thought the people were very friendly.

February 15, 2016

By Carl19

I toured Riverplace, and it was wonderful. It was a beautiful place, big, and the rooms were like condominiums. It's well-kept, and they're real friendly. The food looked good. The staff seemed to always be helping someone, and everybody was real pleased with them. They were having a little cookie sale where everybody had their own little stations. They invited the families in. Everybody got to go around and taste everything at the table. I didn't see anything that needed to be changed.

January 26, 2016

By Ramona6

Holiday River Place is fantastic. I've been here for three months now. The people are great. They have maintenance on duty six days a week; on-call 24 hours a day. I am a registered nurse, and used to being in charge of things like that; it's second to none. I have already recommended them, and I got two people moving in. I'm so impressed with this place.

January 08, 2016

By MickT

I liked this place a lot as they had activities that took the residents away from the facility for outings. They also had a lot of things for the residents to do when they are there and their food is very good.

August 31, 2015

By Dwayne3

My father moved to Riverplace. Our experience has been really good. The staff is very attentive to the issues that arise like maintenance issues. He enjoys eating the meals there, and it is affordable. With their activities, they have different groups that come in to sing, perform plays, or dance. They occasionally have outings for them to go to. It has a really friendly atmosphere. They have a nice common area where they can congregate.

October 25, 2014

I was impressed with Riverplace. They had this individual living, yet close method proximities that if they needed help there was someone there to at least solicit help. Caregivers could go in and check. My parents could got the assistance they needed, so I was impressed with that. The meals were appetizing, and the menu was appetizing as well. They weren't as modern as they could be perhaps, but that was not a negative thing. I would recommend this place, if it was to meet their needs. There was assistance available for my parents when they needed help. The price was fairly reasonable. I was just impressed that there were so many persons there of their age, so there were plenty of people they could socialize with.

Costs for Riverplace

Photos of Riverplace

Services and Amenities of Riverplace

• Housing Extra: Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Riverplace

Riverplace is located in Columbus, GA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Riverplace for a visit...and stay!

Map of Riverplace