Brookdale Columbus

Reviews of Brookdale Columbus

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Columbus

December 21, 2017

By Cindy

My mom is in Brookdale Columbus. They provide very good care for her. I would recommend them. My mom's room is clean. They have an activity room, which is well supplied. It also meets her needs. I had a meal there and it was good.

September 30, 2016

By Elise887327

I am pleased with Brookdale Columbus. It's a very nice, clean, and safe environment for my mom since she is in memory. The food is good and they were very supportive of me when she needed to go to the hospital. The staff is very nice and supportive. They didn't recommend having TV in the room because they don't want them sitting in their room. They have TVs in the community room, and they got a computer and they want them socializing. They've got 2 community rooms with TVs in them. My mother loves the courtyard because she loves the outside and nature.

June 16, 2016

By Diane304552

I have an elderly aunt that stays at Brookdale Columbus, so I am familiar with the care that she gets there. It is very clean and well kept. I think the staff is great. My cousins say the food tastes good.

May 10, 2016

By MaryPNOXA

We were talking with two ladies at Brookdale Columbus who were very nice and went out of their way to help me. It’s a really nice place. I really like it. All of their rooms have to be shared. You can bring a bed, chest drawers, and a TV, but they don't want you to have a TV right away because they want you to get out of the room. They have two dining rooms with a great menu. They have a porch and chairs outside for sitting.

March 28, 2016

By Caring loved one11

We visited Brookdale Columbus (formerly Emeritus at Heritage Hills). I did not like the fact that you pay a base amount for the room you choose and then pay more for any extra medical care that was received, almost like a la carte in a restaurant. I also didn't like that residents in an assisted living home had to be up and at breakfast at about 8:00 a.m. These are quite elderly people who might not want to be up at 8:00 a.m. We did like its location, and the staff was fine, but that was all. It's very expensive, too.

March 21, 2016

By David J.1

Brookdale Columbus is nice and just what we were looking for. My aunt has been there for less than a month, and so far, everything has been good. They make residents participate in the activities to be more active, which is what I liked about this place.

February 22, 2016

By Vanesa

I loved Brookdale Columbus. It was a wonderful, very clean facility that they were fixing and remodelling. They have a dog that stays there all of the time. The rooms were really nice. It is the cheapest among all of the facilities I have visited.

January 31, 2016

By Anonymous Daughter004

Brookdale was nice, and so was the staff. There’s lots of places for my daddy to go walk around as he likes to walk. There were two places in the room, and my daddy’s personality he could not have somebody in the room as when he woke up. If somebody is in his space, he is going to push him. It was clean, the people were very nice, and they call back to check on me. I saw a room that somebody lived in, and it was clean.

December 28, 2013

By Linda76224161

My friend is at Emeritus at Heritage Hills. The facility is not extremely small, but it's not so large that the caregivers do not know everybody in the facility. They are very caring and they make sure everybody is up and fed. Activities are always going on. Holidays are all acknowledged. They also include the caregivers and family members to come in and spend time, having dinner with the resident – just a very caring facility. Their rooms are very nice and spacious. They are always kept neat and clean. Their food is excellent. We have eaten there on several occasions with my friend and all the residents in their just love the food. They eat everything on their plate. They have a good chef.

December 31, 2012

By clnacca

We currently a family member staying who is mentally ill. We were advised that they would be able to more than care for him. The staff that cares for him is great. The director of Heritage Hills is horrible! Her idea of taking care of him is calling the ambulance to come get him. The medical staff is terrible as he was off his medication for over a month and no one questioned it. I would NOT recommend this facility at all. We are currently trying to find our loved one a place that can care for him.

July 28, 2012

By Debbie7

Other

My mother-in-law was a day care resident of this facility on numerous occasions. The staff are caring individuals that try to encourage participation in all activities.

July 23, 2012

By jenmack

This facility is extremely excellent! I had a grandparent stay here and she was very well taken care of. They understood Alzheimer's patients and went above and beyond with their wonderful care of her. I visited weekly and it seemed to be well staffed with very respectful employees. They knew their duties and treated my Grandmother like a family member rather than like a patient. That is very good to see this in this world. This facility is very clean and sanitary. The staff seems to take pride in it's cleanliness and I was impressed! I have been to other nursing homes to visit others and notice that none are as clean as Emeritus at Heritage Hills. I highly recommend this facility for anyone with Alzheimer's or any other Medical problem that needs assisting with. They really care so that is why I gave this facility 5 stars!!

August 17, 2011

By Paris1

This place is awesome, awesome, awesome! Its fully staffed, which is important. That way no one is overworked and cant function their duties properly. The staff showed great compassion for the residents. If I were to need nursing care, I would surely like to come here myself. No Kidding!

June 12, 2011

By B3rtrKaptain

Visited this facility

Emeritus at Heritage Hills is an awesome assisted living facility. I found myself very impressed at the how clean the facility was. The Alzhiemer patients were treated with the upmost respect and dignity. In addition, it was evident the staff members had a build rather personal and loving relationships with each other and the patients alike.
See all Memory Care reviews (14) See fewer reviews

Photos of Brookdale Columbus

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Columbus

About Brookdale Columbus

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Columbus