The Waterford at Hidden Lake

Reviews of The Waterford at Hidden Lake

Assisted Living Reviews for The Waterford at Hidden Lake

February 07, 2020

By Lynn

The staff is so caring and attentive. My mom considers it her home now and doesn't want to live anywhere else. Can't say enough positive things about Waterford.

Thank you so much Lynn for your caring review. We want all of our residents to consider The Waterford at Hidden Lake their home, not just a “community”. We LOVE taking care of your mom and our residents!

July 05, 2019

By Nancy

We have placed my dad in Hidden Lake Senior Living. It is the one we like the most. They take excellent care of my dad and don't have complaints with them. The rooms are well-appointed and provide enough space. The place is a four-bedroom ranch home. The staff is very caring and skilled. Food is good homecooking. They offer field trips, and there is a walking path that backs up to their place. My father is very happy there. Its price is about the same as others, but it is like the residents are in their own home with care.

Thank you so much for your kind review of our community, The Waterford at Hidden Lake. We strive on a daily basis to ensure our residents feel loved and at home.

January 09, 2019

By A Friend

The Waterford at Hidden Lake is a nice facility but it’s too expensive for what my friend can afford. The rooms are adequate to hold the appropriate amount of furniture and are nicely finished. The staff I met was very cordial and nice to deal with. The activities seemed to be good.

July 04, 2018

By Tmorris

We had my mother schedule to go into another facility. We thought we would check this place out. We liked the facility and realized the cost was a lot less and we felt the rooms were bigger.. My mother has felt very loved and welcomed. We feel the staff goes above and beyond to help. We feel they truly care about the residence and that means so much to us. I am proud we found Waterford. As far as the interaction with the family members, that too has been Great.

January 03, 2018

By flipflop

The staff is very caring and helpful. They usually go out of their way to assist the residents. Management is rarely around and shows no interest in staff development.

My name is Kimberly Taylor and I am the current Director of The Waterford at Hidden Lake. I have been managing the operations here at the community for about 3 ½ years! We would love to invite you back in to see how things have changed!

November 02, 2017

By Madam Butterfly

I really liked this beautiful, clean and scenic place. Unfortunately, my relatives need 2 bedrooms and a sitting area for guests. I loved the patio overlooking the lake. Very beautiful. They would love that.

I’m sorry that our community did not meet your loved ones needs in 2017. With the passing of time, maybe we can meet their needs currently? We personally invite you to visit us again in the near future to see if we could provide a new home for your loved ones.

April 13, 2017

By Foothills

Pretty...and that is the only good thing I can say. Awful food, terrible management, dirty. The parent company Capitol cares nothing about the residents.

We are very sad to hear you had a bad experience at The Waterford at Hidden Lake. I am the Executive Director, Kimberly Taylor, and took over the operation of this community on April 24th of 2017. I can assure you our Community is not the same community you visited 3 ½ years ago. Our residents, family members and employees are very happy! I would love to invite you to re-visit us in the near future to see for yourself!

October 06, 2016

By Cheryl674735

I hated The Waterford at Hidden Lake. I had an appointment, and I showed up on time, but they kept me waiting for 35 minutes and didn’t really apologize. We had made an appointment, but I had to sit there and wait. It was probably good that I waited because I heard two aides talking behind me, and one of them left a gentleman resident on his own outside like on the bench. And the other person was saying, “You can’t do that. Mr. So-and-So wandered; you have to stay with him all the time,” and the other one was like, “Oh, I didn’t know that.” So right away, I was like they didn’t have a good handle on their patients, so that was a negative. When I finally got to tour, the woman in charge looked like a dental hygienist; she didn’t have on professional clothing. She was in scrubs. I thought that wasn’t very professional. They had super small rooms. We went down the wing that had one door opened to memory care, and the second I walked in there, it reeked. It smelled like urine. It smelled like an old times nursing home. It was awful. I would not recommend that place. It has beautiful surroundings. It is on the lake, and it is pretty. The curb appeal is nice -- e.g., the front porch and the rocking chairs. It is very pretty to look at. It is too bad because it is very close to my house.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and provide feedback. We take all feedback seriously and are committed to continuous quality service and care. We regret that your experience did not match up to the standards we strive to provide to our customers. We will share your feedback with our management team.

February 29, 2016

By Billie4

The Waterford was very nice. It had nice grounds; beautiful view. We ate lunch. They were very nice. I think there was plenty of room.

February 15, 2016

By Anonymous120128350

The Waterford at Hidden Lake is brand new, and very modern. It is a very lovely place. When they did the assessment on my husband, they could not provide him the level of care he needed. The facility was very nice, and I like it there very much. Everybody I met was very friendly. The dining area was very big with lots of tables.

September 29, 2014

By oldfriendvisiting

I Visited a friend that had just moved in. When I came in the front door the lady at the desk was sitting there with a tablet in her hand. I know from previous experience that a community requires you to sign in. She did not even speak to me much less ask me to sign in. During the visit I watched a family member entroduce herself and the receptionist could not even put the device down to speak to her. It was very rude and I felt uncomfortable watching the family member get treated this way. WHAT A SHAME.

April 30, 2014

By Doris22

It is so restful when you drive to Hidden Lake. It’s in the valley, and this has a lake and a small creek coming up to it. It’s set up like a ranch, with green grass growing everywhere, and it’s beautiful to look at. There’s a lot of light, and it’s very cheerful. They did have quite a few double rooms, but also studios and one-bedrooms. The staff is very helpful; she took the time to show me around. Everything was neat and clean. They showed me the activity rooms where they did crafts.

Memory Care Reviews for The Waterford at Hidden Lake

Questions about The Waterford at Hidden Lake

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly specialized memory impairment in-services and training

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Waterford at Hidden Lake. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Ages range from 70-101 Average age mid 80's. Outing and Social Activities

What programs or activities does The Waterford at Hidden Lake offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Daily exercise, Trivia & Games, Trips, Friday Social Hour, Happy Hour

What places are near The Waterford at Hidden Lake or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Restaurants, Walmart, Dollar Tree, The Outlet Mall, Many other department stores

What transportation services does The Waterford at Hidden Lake offer to assisted living residents?

Weekly Outings, Transportation to doctor Appointents on Tuesdays

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Hidden Lake exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Chef Mike has many years of experience in fine dining, Meets with the residents and families to plan a menu. Serves a variety of meals to accommodate everyone. Alternative menu available with multiple choices available

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Hidden Lake offer to assisted living residents?

On site cameras, front desk conceirge, doors locked by 7pm

How does The Waterford at Hidden Lake keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Wellness Director meets with families on a weekly basis, Monthly Resident and Family Meeting

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Waterford at Hidden Lake during daytime and nighttime hours?

1 Staff per 15 Residents in Day Hours and 1 staff per 25 residents at night

If The Waterford at Hidden Lake accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, there is a large area off the back patio where the pet owner can sit back and relax on the patio.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly, we offer multiple staff in-services and training in Relias

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

2 Day-2 Night

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Hidden Lake provide to protect residents who wander?

Watchful oversight at all times, keeping the residents engaged or redirected. Memory Care is a secure unit.

What programs or activities does The Waterford at Hidden Lake offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Memory Care has a calendar that is catered to shorter activities that are designed for those with memory impairment such as crafts, cookie decorating, music, exercise and group chat, and snack

The Wellness Director every 3 months or as needed if any changes occur.

What techniques does The Waterford at Hidden Lake use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Staff sitting at the table with the residents in the event they needs reminders to eat and keep control of any other issues

How does The Waterford at Hidden Lake keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Wellness Director touches base with families weekly or as needed.

Describe the neighborhood around The Waterford at Hidden Lake. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The Waterford at Hidden Lake is off the main highway with 2 subdivisions close by. The community area is very private and peaceful with plenty of beautiful outdoor scenery to enjoy

Is The Waterford at Hidden Lake affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

The Waterford works closely with Northside Cherokee

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• Licenses: ALC000164

About The Waterford at Hidden Lake

Relish in the rich history of Canton when taking up residence at The Waterford at Hidden Lake. Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, our Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Canton boasts a modern mountain lodge feel with custom décor, a private lake stocked with fish and easy access to hiking trails and apple picking. Cozy apartment homes with single and double floor plans provide plenty of features including an emergency response system with fire safety devices for peace of mind while also creating a warm environment with wall-to-wall carpet and 2-inch blinds. The professional and compassionate team of caregivers enriches the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. With support services available that include medication management and special nutritional counseling, residents can focus on enjoying a wealth of community amenities such as the activity center with a game area and grand piano for listening to or playing their favorite music. Our specialized Memory Care programming in a separate wing takes our services to the next level. With plenty of shopping, dining and entertainment around our Canton Assisted Living and Memory Care community, residents will find myriad recreational and social opportunities inside and outside.

Map of The Waterford at Hidden Lake