Brookdale South Lee Buford

Reviews of Brookdale South Lee Buford

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale South Lee Buford

December 03, 2016

By Mr.K

Mother in law seems very content at Brookdale. It has been very good, the food is adequate, and the people are very friendly, nice, and timely. My mother in law has fallen once or twice; she has a pendant to push, and they checked throughout the day to make sure they know where all the residents are. The place is clean and neat. We are very pleased to have Ann with them. She is in a studio but enough for her, and she has spaces for her to get to things.

October 18, 2016

By Sharyll

We just moved our father to another facility because he was paying for care he was not receiving they would leave him in the same clothes underwear and socks for days at a time even after complaining 2 times it continued to happen they are some of the nicest people you will ever meet but if your loved one needs care and assistance I recommend you go somewhere else.

August 15, 2016

By AD047521

The staff and the amenities at Lake Springs (Brookdale South Lee Buford) were very good. The living quarters were nice and the services they provided were excellent. The food in the dining area was served restaurant-style, and my father enjoyed it. It has a country style setting with rocking chairs on the porches. They had a lot of activities going on every day.

January 16, 2016

By Janice118785750

At Lake Springs (Brookdale South Lee Buford), the people who live there seemed to like it. I have had known a few people who have lived there. They had linens in their dining room and were serving the people food, but this facility just didn’t impress me.

December 28, 2015

By Walter26

I visited Brookdale South Lee Buford, and the place was comparable to others. My mom didn't choose this place because it has more traffic compared to the other places. I think the activities included trips to Walmart, games, and movie nights. When I went to visit there, some of the residents were playing cards. They had a nice, little dining area for the residents to go in and choose off a menu. I liked that they could circle what they wanted. They also had other options if you didn't like the main courses.

May 29, 2015

By Julie106551250

Brookdale South Lee Buford is the first one I visited. I remember feeling very positive. As far as I remember, the rooms were fine. They were smaller than the other facility. The staffs were very confident and very friendly. They seem to be very attentive and seem to know their residents very well. My impressions were positive. As for activities, they are comparable to everywhere else I visited. They do social outings as well as go to the grocery store and the drug store. There was nothing that stood out either positive or negative on that part.

May 17, 2015

I had a very nice visit at Brookdale South Lee Buford. I was able to experience lunch at the facility, and the food was very good, but it did not have a lot of variety. It is a much smaller and older place. They have old bathroom and kitchen facilities.

April 25, 2015

By Donna105989750

Brookdale was my favorite. The setup is two-story, but it seemed very spacious, warm, and welcoming. The staff was very nice and professional, gave me what I needed, discussedthe facility with me, and gave me the information. The setup looked great. I saw the menu, and it looked good. I looked at someone’s room, and they look fresh and clean. I was really impressed with it.

December 06, 2014

By Holly18

The staff at Emeritus at Lake Springs were very caring, but the place was not equipped for someone that has a major handicap like my father-in-law with cerebral palsy. As far as the place itself, it looked clean. The food was good, but it wasn't over the top. They did have a good amount of activities, but they weren't hands-on. The only drawback to the place was the rooms were too small for his power wheelchair. He couldn't maneuver around the bathroom at all. It kind of prohibited him from being able to do for himself, but for somebody that is like in a walker or a manual wheelchair where they can personally stand up on their own and be somewhat mobile, it was perfect. The residents were happy there, and they were friendly. I would recommend it to someone who is mobile. The grounds were always kept clean. They were allowed to go out and walk.

September 27, 2014

Emeritus seemed very clean and roomy. The only thing that kept us from choosing this is the price. We saw one big room -- there’s no separation -- but it has a bathroom and a closet. I recommend this place to others.

July 12, 2014

By DavidDG

I visited this building recently. Even though I was taken on a personal tour, there was no sign of life anywhere. Where were the residents ? The other places I toured were happy, active, and engaging. This was a huge red flag for me. This place was recommended to me by a former resident's family. After discussing my experience with them, they did admit that there had been a complete management staffing turnover and things had gone way down since then. Apparently, after several key managers left, the tide turned for the worse. I was not happy to hear this, but it did explain the questions I had. Don't waste your time. Not a happy place. More along the lines of a nursing home. No life or activity.

March 31, 2014

Emeritus was my least favorite. A home feel is how they try to sell their rooms. They're fairly small, and their dining hall is small. It's not very open. It's older, and I'm not saying that this is bad. It's just all about preference. I think it needs a little work and could use a little sprucing up. I think that facility lends itself to people who prefer to stay in the room and get out for their meals and maybe social functions when they leave. It didn't seem very conducive for people to be out of their rooms. They didn't have very many places. All the others had several places, several different TVs or a game room or a reading room, and this one, because of the age, I don't think it was built in the style that they're building them now. The main thing that I really liked about them is that they had independent cottages. They'll come in, clean your house once a week, and take care of your light bulbs. Then you went from there to assisted living to the memory care. That was my favorite part.

February 26, 2014

By Faye3

Emeritus was very nice. They offered independent living cottages and in the main facility, they had assisted living. We toured one of the cottages and it was in the process of being renovated, new carpet, painting and things like that. We were impressed with the size of the unit and the kitchen and it would be one that we might consider in the future. They offered movies and they showed us this big activity room. They offered a lot of activities that people who were not at the facility could also attend.

July 31, 2013

By Joe Howell

My mom is moving to Emeritus at Lake Springs Campus and they are wonderful. Their staff are experienced. They really know what they are doing. They take really good care of her. They keep her busy and active. They really go out of their way to be there for somebody and if it isn't for them, to be honest, I don't know what I would have done. They are really good people. When something happens no matter what time of the day, they let me know. They got one of the best maintenance people I have ever seen. They keep the place nice. It felt more like a home. I guess I'm blessed to find them and they are the best facility.

March 20, 2013

By June4

I was looking for a personal care home that accepts Medicaid and CCFP clients. I visited Lake Springs and it was a great place, but they just don't accept Medicaid. It's private pay. The place itself is very nice, clean, and up-to-date. The staff is very friendly and they showed me around. Their residents seemed to be happy.

August 21, 2012

By Jewelzz162002

The facility is so nice. It was clean; the employees were nice and helpful. The administration was pleasant and very friendly to visitors and residents. They have many activities for the residents to be able to participate in physical exercises that the residents can do. They have different churches come in to teach the word of God. They allow many volunteer to come and provide services for the residents: manicures, pedicures, games, puzzles. There is just a lot of activities for the residents to participate in. The staff seems to really care about the residents and they love what they do. The residents seemed to really like where they live and the amenities that are provided at this facility. The even take the residents to Walmart and different stores. This all provides for as much independence as possible. I really think that this facility is an excellent facility and I would refer family and friends to this facility.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale South Lee Buford

Questions about Brookdale South Lee Buford

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

We receive training on topics related to the disease process tailored to our resident’s needs.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale South Lee Buford. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

vibrant and full of energy. They love to participate in activities onsite and offsite. The average age is 89.

What programs or activities does Brookdale South Lee Buford offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Walking around the community, walking at the local park, participation in offsite activities such as museum visits and restaurant outings.

What places are near Brookdale South Lee Buford or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have a restaurant across the street called “The Baking Grounds” that our residents frequent.

What transportation services does Brookdale South Lee Buford offer to assisted living residents?

We have a shuttle that takes them to and from appointments as well as activities.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale South Lee Buford exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef prepares many homemade meals from scratch. As the meals are prepared, the fragrance permeates throughout the community. Mmmmm… Mmmmmm…Good!

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale South Lee Buford offer to assisted living residents?

We have pendants for each resident and the community is well lit during evening hours. We also have pullcords in the restrooms and our front door is locked in the evenings.

How does Brookdale South Lee Buford keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We keep families abreast of the daily and monthly activities via newsletter, fliers, and community calendar. We will also contact them if we see any change in their behavior or health.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale South Lee Buford during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our cares staff to resident ratio is 1 employee to 12 residents during the day and 1 to 16 during evening hours.

If Brookdale South Lee Buford accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have a walking area designated for pets, however, our entire campus is a great environment to enjoy walking a pet.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff receives 16 hours of ongoing training on various topics i.e. residents rights, LTC abuse, handwashing, OSHA, and proper body mechanics.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our ratio is 1 employee to 15 residents.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale South Lee Buford provide to protect residents who wander?

Residents are reassessed for proper placement in the community.

What programs or activities does Brookdale South Lee Buford offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

A variety of daily activities, exercises, music therapy, outings, and activities to cover physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs. We also use life stories and reminiscent programs.

Our Health and Wellness Director as well as our care staff keep a very close eye on our residents and their health concerns. This is done every 3 months.

What techniques does Brookdale South Lee Buford use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Assigned seating for consistency, meal time music, and find dining with meal choices.

How does Brookdale South Lee Buford keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Open door policy, emails, phone calls, and meetings with families.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale South Lee Buford. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Brookdale South Lee is nestled in the center of small town Buford, GA. We have several acres of green space which allows for a beautiful and quiet place for our residents to enjoy.

Is Brookdale South Lee Buford affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Yes, We have a relationship with all the local hospitals as well as hospitals in the area that specialize in behavioral concerns.

Photos of Brookdale South Lee Buford

• Licenses: Personal Care Home
  • State Licenses: PCH007785

About Brookdale South Lee Buford

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale South Lee Buford