Brookdale Buford

4450 Old Hamilton Mill Road, Buford, GA 30518
Brookdale Buford (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 4 days

Independent and Assisted Living new residents receive $500 off the 1st full month and 4th full month free Base Rent. Must take financial possession by 2/28/2021. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Brookdale Buford

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Buford

April 22, 2015

By Sonya5

I had spoken with the director of Brookdale Buford, and she was very friendly. She went out of her way to make me feel at ease. I liked her a lot. It seemed OK. The person at the front desk was nice enough and was kind and helpful. I think the dining room was clean and neat. The people dining looked happy enough. The rooms and apartments seemed to be comfortable and roomy. They were well laid out and bright. It looked secure.

April 06, 2015

Brookdale Buford had much nicer and much friendlier staff. It was located in a residential area at the end of the street. The director was very nice and gave me a nice tour. It looked like a place my parents would like to be in. It's a very well-kept community, and the people there seemed to enjoy working there and they seemed to enjoy the residents.

March 09, 2015

By pw2879

My mom, who passed away Jan. 2015, lived here for 5 years. I can't give enough praise for the staff. They treated her as if she were their mom/grandmother and it warmed my heart so much to see how gentle the staff was with not just my mom but all the residents. The facility is always clean and housekeeping did a really nice job keeping my mom's room clean and tidy. My mom would sit outside in their backyard every day and always enjoyed the peace and nature back there. The staff always kept in good contact with me and I always felt secure knowing my mom was in such good care. I highly recommend Brookdale Buford for anyone who has a loved one in need of assisted living. Brookdale will assist and give lots of love!

December 05, 2014

By Debbie97912450

Emeritus at Buford is very nice. The room is 13x13ft. She has nice big double window that looks out at the backyard which has a nice covered patio. It has her own bathroom and big double closets. The cost really attracts me. It’s a good price for the service. Unfortunately, she is in memory care so she is limited to the activities that she can do. They take them to a restaurant once a quarter.

March 31, 2014

Emeritus has a studio up to a 1-bedroom, and to me, the prices are reasonable. The rooms are small, but how much room do you need at that age? Medications are an additional fee, but they do have a health physician for normal stuff. The memory care starts at one level, and then you pay additional fees. I thought that this particular Emeritus felt like a hotel almost. It had a big foyer walking in. Their dining area was very open. They had a lot of people out of their rooms. It seemed really nice, other than the fact that I did think that the rooms were a little small.

August 10, 2013

By Emeritus1

The person who took me around was awesome. She was very friendly and she gave me a lot of information, however, I did not have the homey feel with the facility. The place feels a bit old and maybe they need to modernize the place.

July 06, 2013

By Nana9

I was so amazed at how clean every area of the home. The staff was very friendly and so willing to help and answer all questions I had. The individual room were spacious and spotless. All the community areas were beautiful and very welcoming. The outside grounds were beautiful and welcoming. I was very impressed. I enrolled my husband that day.

December 27, 2012

By Family1stnlife

This community is by far the best community in the area. My aunt has been at Brookside for 4 years now and she tells us that she is the happiest that she ever thought she could be there. The staff truly does care and love all of the residents. They treat them just as they were thier own family members. They are professional and respectful at all times. The community is so clean and well kept. My aunt has never been a social person, but the activity director has managed to get her to participate in group activities, which we are all blown away by. The new executive director is the best of any the community has had. She always is interacting with the residents and staff and always available when our family needs to speak with her. She is attentive to our needs and treats us like a priority. I highly recommend this community to any family looking for assisted living.

September 27, 2012

By Tim5

I enjoyed my visit they treated me very frienly and with respect. My friend told me they treat her with respect and help her whenever she request for help, they feed her good food and let her enjoy herself. She said her experience there is much better then what she thought it was going to be. She naturally assumed it was going to be a place like they show on tv. but it was the complete opposite. She enjoys herself there, they allow her social time and ime to call family members and time for friends to visit her. I love everything ive seen and heard about this place, i feel great knowing my friend lives here. She seems happy now then she did before she was in there. She has time for herself and they make sure she takes her medication. She doesnt have to worry about trying to remember to take it. They have done an excellent job taking care of my friend, I would recomend this place for anyone who needs assisted living.

September 12, 2012

By bcwatkins

My mother was a resident at Brookside for almost 2 years when she passed away on 8/20. I don't have the words to express my appreciation to the staff of Brookside. They cared for my mother over and beyond what I expected. The staff is the most remarkable people with very caring and loving hearts. My mother was extremely happy here and called Brookside "Home". Brookside is not one of those assisted living places that is so big you feel like the staff doesn't know the names of the residents. All the staff members know the names of the residents from the Director to the cooks. Brookside is the perfect size if your looking for a place for your Mother or Father.

June 22, 2012

By Tim1

I had a great experience because when i got there i had no idea what to expect but after spending time with my friend i realized she was getting excellent care. The staff was very friendly and was rude to my friend. Before going there i thought it was going to be a bad experince because tv shows portray these places in a bad way. My friend was telling me how much she liked having help and how they treat her with respect and care. She said that when she was at her house before coming there she would often forget about taking her medicine but since getting there she hasnt because they make sure to give it to her for her. She said that she hasnt felt this great in 10 years. My honest opinion is that this facility deserves awards because they helped one of my friends feel great and got her spirits up. I have nothing more i can say about this amazing facility and its wonderful staff.

June 12, 2012

By will1

My aunt was here for 2 years and she loved it. She enjoyed the activities they planed for her, and the staff treated her very well. The food was good and she always got her medicine on time. I highly recommend this place to anyone who is skeptical of assisted living.

July 28, 2011

By marysu

My mother was in this facility for the last 3 years of her life. They cared for her during intermediate dementia and broken hip surgery and recovery. The food was good and appropriate for residents' abilities. The social calendar activities inside the facility and field trips were regularly scheduled. There was a pretty garden visible to residents who could not manage to go outside due to health limitations. The staff made available to our family a private room to celebrate our mom's birthday with her special favorite foods we brought in.They kept good records as I got copies of it all after mom died.We are tracking any hereditary features for our family's future generations. Oh, the Director was always amenable to our questions.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Buford

Questions about Brookdale Buford

What programs or activities does Brookdale Buford offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Optimum Life Programming, residents provide input to create a program to enrich the lives of our residents.

What places are near Brookdale Buford or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Historic Buford

What transportation services does Brookdale Buford offer to assisted living residents?

Handicap Accessible van for resident programs, transportation to doctor appointments on Wednesday morning within a 15-mile radius.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Buford exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Excellent dining program, residents have weekly meetings with Chef to discuss the menu for the upcoming week.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Buford offer to assisted living residents?

24 hour care staff

How does Brookdale Buford keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Quarterly Care plan meetings and Nurse on call 24/7.

If Brookdale Buford accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are Pet-Friendly and have a lot of outdoor living space for dogs to enjoy on their leash.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Buford provide to protect residents who wander?

We lock doors at 7:30PM. Care Staff will get an alert when a door opens and staff is required to go to that door to check on residents.

Our Health and Wellness Director is a Nurse and will assess at time of moving in – will assess as required by State of Georgia or at the families request.

How does Brookdale Buford keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Regularly scheduled Care Plan meetings with the family and the family is welcome to call our nurse/Staff 24/7.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Buford. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are nestled in a neighborhood setting, nestled in the woods in a very private area of Buford.

Is Brookdale Buford affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Dr. Randy Cronic’s office visits here each Monday to see residents upon request. We are also very close to North East Georgia Braselton Hospital and Gwinnett Medical.

Photos of Brookdale Buford

• Licenses: Peersonal Care Home
  • State Licenses: PCH007777

About Brookdale Buford

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Beautiful outdoor courtyard with wildlife. Community nestled up in the woods away from noise and traffic.

Map of Brookdale Buford