The Place at Martinez

Reviews of The Place at Martinez

Nursing Home Reviews for The Place at Martinez

July 08, 2013

By 1goodhorse

My mother has been there about 3 years. It seems like in the last year I've been disappointed regularly. I hand delivered a monthly payment, I was told it accidentally go thrown out. I had to pay the stop payment fee. My mother's Christmas presents accidentally were thrown out. The admin. did try to replace those. I've scheduled and have money in her account for her hair to be cut every 7-8 wks, requesting bangs, I doesn't happen unless I bring it up. Today I took off her shoe and sock to check her toe nails, they were about 1/2 in long. I asked about that, and was told she's scheduled with a podiatrist tomorrow. I then checked her room, one of her leather shoes was almost under the AC unit, obviously for a long time as it was wet and moldy, the other one looked just fine, practically new. I pointed it out to 2 staff members, one said "sorry about the shoe". They let me know about bumps and cuts. On one visit a staff member told me her shoes were to tight, I asked why they didn't her walking shoes on, the lady beat around the bush then finally told me my mom's incontinence had ruined them. My big question was why didn't call and let me know she needed shoes. My experience is they tell you what you want to hear until you can dig out the truth. I was concerned that my mom normally wore most of her food. I asked if glasses might help, I was assured that they gave my mom her glasses during activity time. That was interesting as my didn't have any glasses. My advice is ALWAYS check on the person in a nursing home, head to toe, and closets to see what's there and what's gone.

November 28, 2012

By Bonnie5

My mother said that if ever she had to go in a nursing home, she had to go with the one that has a white picket fence. It's a one story facility. It's very large and clean. It appears to have a good amount of staff. Everyone is very friendly and outgoing. When my father was in a nursing home, they had that dreaded wet diaper smell everywhere and this facility does not have any of that. It does not give you the depressed feeling. It's very open and bright with lots of windows. My husband had taken her down to the dining hall for lunch. They had pork or something and she's not a big pork eater but I know they had a variety of meals. She could have picked out. Even though she said she was willing to go in a nursing home, she's not happy being only there for one day. To go from a 3-bedroom house where she lives by herself to one room is gonna be a bit of an adjustment on her part. We're very comfortable with the social services person and everybody is friendly, answer questions and helpful.

October 14, 2011

By dreamer2414

I feel as though the company put up a good front. They all seemed really nice when you were talking about being a part of there facility, but there was the occasional few that were really smart talkers and acted like they were better than everyone. The staff seemed ok upon taking care of there patients however there were the few that just seemed as though they wish they didnt have to be there and when you see that you have to wonder. The facility was clean and was very roomy. Was at a nice location and seemed very secure. You felt as though you could consider this facility a home until the few bad apples had to come across you.

Services and Amenities of The Place at Martinez

About The Place at Martinez

The Place at Martinez is a senior living provider in Augusta, Georgia that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact The Place at Martinez for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Place at Martinez