The Social at Vinings

Reviews of The Social at Vinings

Assisted Living Reviews for The Social at Vinings

July 25, 2014

By sharon124

I went for a tour for my mom. The guy at the front desk Kevin was very polite and helpful. This facility is very clean. The staff was very nice the tour was good and im considering bringing my mom.

March 18, 2014

By randy11

I really love this community, but it was too far from friends and relatives to visit. When I drove up, it was like a resort more than a retirement home - very beautiful landscaping. It's pretty much a newer facility, beautiful foyer entry way. It had a look of a grand hall. Even the laundry room was clean. There was a courtyard in the back and it was also fenced. All the rooms were very nice, very well done and good sized. The staff were very friendly.

February 27, 2014

By Caring78320550

We would have liked it, but the trouble was the location. It's about 45 minutes from my house. I was in the impression it was nice. The room seemed nice enough and the price was more competitive. The staff was very friendly. One thing about them is that they seem to put a higher premium on physical therapy, because my dad needs therapy. They have in-house therapy staff. The commitment to therapy was a little bit better.

February 14, 2014

It is a nice facility. My mother in-law’s room is great. I’m very pleased with the staff. They seemed to be very attentive to the residents and they provide good meals. They let you know if there is anything unusual that happened. They have Bingo, Scrabble and entertainers come in. I do a worship service there once a week.

July 25, 2013

By caring010710

We looked at a one-bedroom apartment and it was very small. There also was no kitchen whatsoever. There was a small under-the-counter refrigerator and a microwave but there was no place for cooking. The front desk people were very courteous both when I called up and when I went there for a quick tour. My wife and I were looking for a senior housing as opposed to a place that provided any kind of care. We haven't reached that stage yet, but basing on my visit there, I would give them a good rating.

May 22, 2013

By Ed6

My father stayed at here before he passed away. It was a very nice place with a very positive environment. There was a walking trail for the residents to walk around. The residents could participate in different areas or activities which I liked. The staff were very good with my dad, I did not see anything negative about them. I had no negative comments with the facility.

Questions about The Social at Vinings

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our team members are trained on a monthly basis through in services and a continual learning model.

What programs or activities does The Social at Vinings offer to enrich residents' well-being?

The Social at Vinings isn't called the social for no reason! Our residents have a wonderful array of active life activities ranging from bingo to cooking classes to outings in the community. We regularly have guest performers in the community to encourage singing, dancing, and exercise.

What places are near The Social at Vinings or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The Social at Vinings is right near the Cumberland Mall area giving our residents the opportunity to shop, eating, and indulge in the occasional beverage (because who are we kidding-- they deserve to let loose just like the rest of us!)

What transportation services does The Social at Vinings offer to assisted living residents?

The Social at Vinings offers transportation to scheduled outings as well as medical appointments within a 10 mile radius.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Social at Vinings exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Here at The Social at Vinings we offer a restaurant-style dining experience. Our chef's goal is to take our residents' dining experience to the next level - fine dining! Each day we have a chef's special with an optional menu of items always available to them.

What safety features or security measures does The Social at Vinings offer to assisted living residents?

Here at The Social at Vinings we have a concierge that is here from 9am-8pm to monitor the lobby. Our front doors lock after 5pm and our families are gives a code to access the building. Additionally, our residents have a pendent they wear in case of any emergencies.

How does The Social at Vinings keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our Vice President of Resident Experience is in frequent contact with family on any care changes and assessment results. Additionally, we send out email blast for any news or events.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Social at Vinings during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our ratio is 1:12 in the daytime and 1:15 at night.

If The Social at Vinings accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

The Social at Vinings is a pet friendly community. We have 3 courtyards for our pet friends to enjoy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our team members are trained on a monthly basis through in-services and a continual learning model.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our memory care is staffed with two associates daytime and night.

What safety features or security measures does The Social at Vinings provide to protect residents who wander?

What programs or activities does The Social at Vinings offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our team is NIDE certified. This means our team went through additional training apart from what the state requires in order to understand memory loss/dementia. Because of this, we have tailored our activities to accommodate our resident's needs and stimulate them in a way that is engaging and exciting for them.

Our Vice President of Resident Experience assesses our residents. They are assessed before move in, 14-30days after move in, and every six months. This is to ensure we are providing adequate care to all of our residents.

What techniques does The Social at Vinings use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

The Social at Vinings is aware that getting residents with memory issues to participate in meal time can be a challenge. NIDE training has helped us understand different ways to engage them; for example, changing out the plate color to green will allow residents to be able to distinguish between their food and the plate (white potatoes on a white plate for example). Green is the last color to go in the dementia deterioration so ensuring they can see their food is essential!

How does The Social at Vinings keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our Vice President of Resident Experience is in frequent contact with family on any care changes andassessment results. Additionally, we send out email blast for any news or events.

Describe the neighborhood around The Social at Vinings. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The Social at Vinings is located right off of the 285 at Cumberland, allowing for easy access to almost anything!

Is The Social at Vinings affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

The Social at Vinings partners with hospitals, gerontologists, psychologists, physicians, and other professionals to ensure that our residents have a trusted partner for all their care needs.

Costs for The Social at Vinings

Photos of The Social at Vinings

Services and Amenities of The Social at Vinings

• Fee Structure Extra: $2500 Community Fee

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Licenses: Personal Care Home

About The Social at Vinings

Just when you thought life by the Chattahoochee couldn’t get any better, The Social at Vinings has raised the bar. Great scenery is just the start. We’ve also instilled a new philosophy on senior living, as fresh as the morning breeze while in the rocking chairs of one of our three courtyards overlooking the Atlanta skyline. See, to us you’re not a senior, you’re a hero. You’ve fulfilled your obligations to your job and raising kids, but you haven’t stopped living. We believe the best part of your life is yet to come.

We have two living options under one roof.

Assisted Living is ideal for residents who value their independence, but may need assistance with daily activities. Our community team members are raving fans of encouraging independence with assistance readily accessible at all times of day.

Memory Care is for our residents who are living with some form of cognitive disability. Every member of our team is NIDE (National Institute for Dementia Education) certified. That includes everyone from the chefs and housekeepers to the concierge and nurses. This allows us to interact with our residents as unique individuals rather than objects in need of care.

We believe that if a community’s focus is strictly on care, they don’t care enough. At The Social at Vinings, great care is just a by-product of bigger and better things.

Map of The Social at Vinings