Consulate Health Care Of Winter Haven

Consulate Health Care Of Winter Haven (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Consulate Health Care Of Winter Haven

Nursing Home Reviews for Consulate Health Care Of Winter Haven

October 17, 2014

I think the people working at the Consulate Health Care are very caring people. They do have a shortage of help, but I think they are working on it now because they got a new administrator. I still think they are lacking and they could have more nursing time for the people. The one thing my mom is having a hard time with is, they told her that they had a bus where once a month or once every couple weeks, they could take a certain amount of people to Walmart and the dollar stores if they were able, and they keep saying that they have to sign up on the list But when she wants to sign up, they won't show it, and then when she wants to go, they'd say there's no room for her. It is really frustrating to do that all the time to a person who just maybe once a month, would like to still get out and not be confined because she has no family. The other thing is, when she was originally put into the Consulate, she was put in with a lady who was comatose, but it was originally a private room. So there is only one closet and when she got there, there was no closet for her to hang her clothes and she had to hang them on the bathroom hanger. She's been there since July 17th and I have done my utmost with the administrator. The lady who was there passed away and my stepdad and she are now in the same room together. She, to this point, still does not have a place to hang her clothes and I really have a problem that they can't even get her a wardrobe. There is no closet -- she does not even have that necessity. They are understaffed and my mom a couple of times did get treated not so nicely, but I know the administrator took care of that. I think they could have more nursing staff. But as for the people, I got nothing bad. They are very nice; the nurses and the help have always been polite, the office lady and everybody. I know there are a lot of budget cuts, which is unfortunate, but I think they try to do a lot. When I was there, they had a singer come in, I've seen them do crafts and have church services and Bingo. They got my mom into physical therapy every day, which is actually helping her again, and I think that is good. I think they are trying as hard as they can to get them involved, not just leave them in their rooms. I've seen the exercises with the wheelchair people where they do a lot of hand exercises and throw the ball. I know my stepdad enjoys his meals; it looks well balanced. They did repainting and cleaned it up, and every time I went in there, it was really clean. So, I got no problems with that. The only problem with the laundry is they keep losing my stepdad's clothes, but hopefully that problem has been resolved now. They are good people. I just think they need more staff. They need to do something to get the meals to the patients a little bit warmer and maybe get my mom to get out once a month.

January 17, 2014

By caring67956250

I didn't care too much for the Consulate Health Care of Winter Haven. My mom used to be in it, but I took her out. The nurses were rude. They don't care too much about the patients. I could sit in the room with my mom for hours and hours, and no nurse would come in to check and see how she was doing; nothing. That's why I took my mom out of there. The facility was clean. I thought it was a good facility. When you first meet the people, they'd seem like the nicest staff, but once the patient gets in there it's a whole different story.

Services and Amenities of Consulate Health Care Of Winter Haven

About Consulate Health Care Of Winter Haven

Consulate Health Care Of Winter Haven is a senior living provider in Winter Haven, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Consulate Health Care Of Winter Haven for more details on services and rates.

Map of Consulate Health Care Of Winter Haven