Brookdale Winter Haven Winter Haven, FL

Reviews of Brookdale Winter Haven

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Winter Haven

December 14, 2011

By lifenotfair

Before I placed my loved one in this facility I was told that they were not providing the care they say they provide. I was actually stopped by a family as they were walking out of the facility and was told "they do not do what they say they do". I was hoping none of it was true because it looked like a very nice place for my loved one. I hate to say it, but they were right. My loved one was left to be in the room all day and their staff does not seem to have the training needed to deal with Alzheimer's and Dementia patients. Residents sit in the dining room staring at their food and staff does not offer help. I removed my loved one from this facility and will not recommend it to anyone else. All these places on paper sound great, but in fact they hope the families dont notice and since our loved ones cant tell us what is going on, how do we know what care they are receiving while we are not there. I should have listened. I also heard it from their own employees, but I thought maybe they had some personal problem with management and refused to believe it. If you can find another facility in the area, dont put your loved one here.

June 10, 2011

By Fastcars14

Friend or relative of resident

Clare Bridge assisted living was a place both my grandparents stayed for the last part of there lives. It seemed they were always well cared for by the staff and did not seem at all miserable in there surroundings. Having even eaten the food at this assistant care facility and can even vouch for the quality and thought that goes into all of there residents. All together the care here at Clare Bridge seemed to be very good and genuine. This is certainly a place that I would feel safe leaving my parents or grandparents at, which I feel nowadays is a very rare thing to say about assisted living facilities.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Questions about Brookdale Winter Haven

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

In the daytime there are 8, overnight is two 2.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

In the daytime there are 8, overnight is two 2.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Winter Haven offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Energetic person centered programming and outings. Daily trivia, reminiscing programs, clubs, outdoor programs, & weekly outings .

The Health and Wellness director assesses with the assistance of the entire MC team. It is repeated every 6 months or if there is a change in condition.

What techniques does Brookdale Winter Haven use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

How does Brookdale Winter Haven keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We communicate personally and often send pics via email to families. ED sends monthly newsletter.

Is Brookdale Winter Haven affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We partner with Heart of Florida and Winter Haven Hospital.

Photos of Brookdale Winter Haven

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Winter Haven

About Brookdale Winter Haven

At Brookdale Winter Haven we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Winter Haven are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Winter Haven