Sumter Place in The Villages

Reviews of Sumter Place in The Villages

Assisted Living Reviews for Sumter Place in The Villages

May 31, 2017

By r-b-321767

I visited Sumter Place in The Villages, and I would not go back. It did not seem inviting. The people I met seemed nice, friendly, and accommodating. Their grounds were OK -- nothing spectacular. I was easy to access. The furnishing turned me off. It was not old, but they had very heavy dark furniture that did not look inviting.
Thank you for your review and for visiting Sumter Place in The Villages. While our furniture may not have been appealing, I'm grateful to hear that our team was friendly and accommodating. I wish Sumter Place had felt more inviting to you, as I hope everyone who walks through our doors feels comfortable, you are absolutely right to find an Assisted Living community that makes you feel like you're home. We wish you all the best in finding a community that feels like home and that provides the best care for your loved one.

May 30, 2017

By carol813161

Sumter Place in The Villages was nice, and the staff was friendly but not quite as interactive. The place looked bright and clean. There were a lot more residents sitting around.

May 26, 2017

By an434205

Sumter Place In the Villages's staff was very nice, but they just didn't show me what I was trying to look for. They had three meals a day and some delicious snacks. They have some musicians come in once a week and a bus tour that takes them out for scenic drives every week.

May 25, 2017

By marion542673

Sumter Place was too expensive for my aunt. It's brand new, very well-kept, the staff was friendly, and they had a lot of activities. The rooms were spotless, large, airy, and bright, and they had a nice kitchen. I thought it was a very nice place, and everything was lovely there.

March 27, 2017

By Scott405170

We were looking for a place for my father, and we had the chance to visit Sumter Place in the Villages. The place was very nice, and the people were absolutely outstanding. They could not be more helpful. I was extremely excited and pleased to be able to come down to this place assuming down the road we can do that. I would highly recommend this place.

November 23, 2016

By Hilda350664

I was unimpressed with Sumter Place. They showed us the fitness room and the memory center, and I was very disappointed with all of it. We spent two nights there, and they were very unaccommodating in terms of the dietary requirements that I had. However, it was very attractive. The staff was friendly, but I did not like the food.

November 23, 2016

By Donna775553

Sumter Place was very nice, but the price was expensive. The rooms, apartments, and dining area were nice too. The staff was very friendly and helpful -- especially the first person that I spoke to. When I called her back, she was very helpful and gave me a lot of information.

November 13, 2016

By Glenn885461

We had a really nice visit at Sumter Place Assisted Living, but it was just too big for us, and their activities were a little bit steeper than what we were used to. It was a beautiful place, and the accommodations are really nice. The staff who assisted us did a very good job of telling us what we would receive and what we would do there. There were a lot of activities, but most of them were things we didn't necessarily like. There were laundry services, a reading room, and a room where you can do puzzles. They showed us a 1-bedroom with a living room, a bathroom, and an extra room with a microwave where we could eat. The people who work there opened the front door for us and welcomed us, and they were very accommodating.

November 07, 2016

By Maria H.818711

The first thing I like about Sumter Place in the Villages is that you can use all their amenities and all the things they provide like golf, bowling, and getting discounts on different stores. You had access to all the entertainment. The dining area was very nice. The food was good. They have a lot of woodwork all over which I like, but the rooms are just too dark, and the furniture looks so cheap. The decorations are too dark and gloomy and make me feel moody. I was disappointed. It’s expensive. I think it’s like 3 or 4 stories, and I don’t care for that. It makes me too confined and too claustrophobic when you have to go either up the stairs, use elevators, and then go down hallways to get to your place.

September 11, 2016

By BN

We went to Sumter Place, you go in independent, move to assisted, and they got long term care. We liked that. Everybody was friendly, it was very warm, and when you walked in, you feel comfortable. The restaurant was open all, there’s no set time for meals, and they give you three meals there. They have excursions, activities, and a small pool, and they were within distance of a golf course. We loved the apartments very much; they had corner apartments that seemed to be larger than some of the others, and it was all decorated very nicely.

June 10, 2016

By David662041

Sumter Place is very nice and relatively new. They have independent living that operates under a different name, plus memory care and assisted living. It’s a pretty large, multi-story facility with a 24-hour café serving sandwiches, donuts, pie, cake, and various beverages that the residents can go anytime and get something to eat. The dining room is open from about 7 a.m. to 9 or 10 p.m. It also has a full-service bar and entertainment on a regular basis. The assisted living is an open concept. Instead of hallways, they’ve got living room areas situated every few hundred feet. The residents in the assisted living don’t have any large refrigerator or stoves or anything, but they have a microwave and a small refrigerator. I did not go in to the independent living side, but from what other people have told me that had parents living there, it’s regular apartment-style living with a fine dining restaurant facility.

April 17, 2013

My brother liked Sumter Place. It was a clean and small facility. They provided assistance to almost everything.

Independent Living Reviews for Sumter Place in The Villages

May 30, 2017

By carol813161

Sumter Grand in The Villages's rooms are very nice, clean, and modern, and they have quite a few different sizes. The residents look happy.

April 12, 2017

By RDT

Sumter Grand is totally independent living. It has lots of stuff going on and is a little bit more expensive and a little newer. It has a big, lavish lobby and an open bar area where you can go in and eat. This place has a very fancy area where you can get flavored water with fruits, croissants, cookies, and all kinds of coffee. The advantage of living in Sumter Grand is the fact that you are a member of The Villages, so you have all rights of The Villages and can go to all of those shindigs, which is a very big advantage because we are very social. We like to get out and get around. They have every kind of club, too. You can have your car downstairs in shaded parking. The first thing you see is the dining room, which is buffet-style for the most part. For breakfast, I know they are definitely a buffet. We ate in the saloon, which is right next door, and the food was delicious.

February 07, 2017

By John450881

We were most impressed with Sumter Grand. The staff was really nice, and we liked the different apartments that we viewed. It's set up more like a resort, and it was like a cruise ship. There was a pool and an exercise area; you can come and go as you want. They give you two meals a day, and it was suitable to the way we thought it should be.

November 22, 2016

By Joseph580775

Sumter Grand matched all our personal requirements. We liked everything about it. They had large rooms. They had three different buildings. One was pretty much independent living, the second one was assisted living, and they had memory care. It suited us just fine. There was a covered parking. We also like that the age group there was more suitable for us.

Photos of Sumter Place in The Villages

Services and Amenities of Sumter Place in The Villages

About Sumter Place in The Villages

Sumter Place in The Villages in a state-of-the-art Assisted Living Community with a Traditional Assisted Living, Licensed Adult Day Care Program and secure Memory Care Community, nestled in the heart of The Villages on SR 466A between Buena Vista Boulevard and Morse Boulevard. Sumter Place is a rental community and not a “buy-in” community and offers programs, services and amenities for seniors all within a golf cart ride to Lake Sumter Landing or Brownwood Town Squares in The Villages or Sumter Grand, our Independent Living Community, right next door. Our Residents can have access to all the same privileges, services and amenities offered to Villagers, should they wish.

Sumter Place opened in 2012 and has 108 apartments in our “neighborhood” concept design. With large common areas, a beautiful restaurant, activity areas and out-door putting green, Sumter Place offers a tremendous amount of activities, entertainment and opportunities for social engagement and stimulation. We are dedicated to compassionate care, dignity and providing a home-like environment for those who wish to live in The Villages.

Sumter Place Memory Care opened in late 2014 with 40 private studios, “neighborhood” concept design, home-like dining rooms on the first and second floor, excellent Memory-Related Disorders programming and life skills, outdoor garden and walk-way as well as entertainment and activities throughout the day to engage Residents with dementia or memory-related disorders.

Services:

• Rental community
  • 24-hour medical staff
  • Apartments fully carpeted and equipped with safety features
  • Assistance with medications and personal care
  • Check-in and emergency call-alert system
  • Chef-prepared cuisine served restaurant style
  • On-site physician clinic
  • Professional maintenance and landscaping including pest control
  • Respite care
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping, church and medical appointments
  • Senior Day Program
  • Weekly housekeeping including linen service (linen provided)

Amenities:

• Residents have the capability to experience the services and amenities of The Villages
  • (Access to 36 golf courses, 19 different recreation centers, pools, exercise club, polo club, tennis, pickle ball and much more)
  • Golf car parking and charging stations
  • Beauty/barber shop
  • Bistro with tasty treats and beverages available 24 hours a day
  • Electricity, water, cable and local telephone service included
  • Exercise gym
  • Golf car friendly
  • Multiple activity and game rooms
  • Personal laundry service
  • Pet friendly
  • Private dining room
  • WIFI wireless internet throughout

Sumter Place In The Villages is a premier, family-owned and operated rental community offering studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments with 24-hour medical staff, fine dining, social and recreational activities and programs, free scheduled transportation, housekeeping and linen service, bistro filled with complimentary tasty treats and beverages, beauty salon/barber shop, check-in and emergency call alert system, on-site physician clinic, exercise gym, wireless internet, screened putting greens, golf cart parking and plenty of individual vehicle parking.

Thank you for your interest at Sumter Place Assisted Living. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Sumter Place in The Villages