Brookdale West Palm Beach

Reviews of Brookdale West Palm Beach

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale West Palm Beach

September 07, 2016

By kjgerdeman

Associates are happy to help in any way they can and the residents are down to earth, inviting and friendly. Love this place!

December 28, 2015

By JK7

Brookdale is not fantastic but not terrible; they’re OK. They’ll bring her the medication and have LPN on the floor, but I think they’re understaffed on weekends. It takes a while for them to help her when she falls.

October 27, 2015

My visit at Brookdale West Palm Beach (formerly Classic at West Palm Beach) was fine. We saw the two-bedroom, two-bath, which we were interested in, and it was fine and spacious. They pretty much showed us everything, and they talked about activities. The tour was very thorough. We went into the dining room, and I did get a sample menu, and I was OK with it. The environment was nice, and I liked the setup. They were ready for the tour, and they did follow up with me.

September 30, 2015

By Dorina1

I visited Brookdale and the facility was beautiful. But you got to understand that I come from Pennsylvania and I am not having that kind of sparkle, I am more of a country girl, but it was gorgeous. We had lunch there and it was delicious. The dining room was huge and it was set like you were out in a fine dining. It has table cloths, and the whole thing very nice. Everybody was very nice too. The lady that took me around was great. The girl that came to wait on us at lunch time was really wonderful. The rooms were nice, and I saw two different rooms; they were both single 1-bedroom, but one was a little larger than the other. I really do like the place; it has a washer and dryer in your room, which was really great. They have a lot of things, but they have a small exercise room. In the same room, they have two walls covered with backs that they consider their library, they have a room where you can go to where they show, meetings for people to get together, and they have drinks at night. They show movies, and they have a huge pool. It’s a very beautiful place outside. They take you to different places, they have nights that they you to different places to go out to eat, they go to grocery stores, they also have a small grocery store within the building that you can get certain things that look like they might be very important that you might need, and if you have a doctor’s visit, they will be able to take you there. They also have a doctor who will come in.

June 28, 2015

My mom is in Brookdale West Palm Beach. It is a very nice facility. The staff in-charge of giving care to the residents is very helpful and accommodating. She has a one-bedroom apartment. It is spacious. The food is great. We enjoy eating there when we visit. They have bingo, trips to the stores, entertainment, and movies.

May 24, 2015

By daughter/caregiver

I have been looking at Brookdale down here in West Palm, and I like it because it is cheerful and clean. It looks like a great spot. The other places I saw all seemed very dreary and gloomy in the area where my mother would be. I was not favorably impressed with anybody except for Brookdale. I was favorably impressed with the woman that showed me through the place. She has been very sympathetic because we kept trying to make plans to get our mother down here to Florida. My daughter's father-in-law was in Brookdale, we had several meals there, and the food was great. I think that it is important that the food is tasty and well prepared. But there are more things about it that I have to look into. In other words, I would have to see where exactly my mother would be placed in a facility like Brookdale.

April 13, 2015

By Carin1

We were involved in a very bad experience with Brookdale. They can improve on the perception of how tenants interacted. It seemed that the interaction between management and residents were not strong.

We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed when you visited Brookdale West Palm Beach. The goal of our management and staff is to support and interact with our residents and to ensure the residents' needs are satisfied. Your feedback will be reviewed and used to better serve our guests, residents and their families in the future.

January 29, 2015

The sanitation of The Classic was not great. It was awful and unattractive. When I went to the bathroom, I realized that it was not clean. I just did not like it at all. Everybody looked sick.

November 14, 2014

By Mary96680050

We chose Classic at West Palm Beach for my mother-in-law because the assisted living buildings have their own separate dining room. That was the main thing we liked because we knew she'd never go to the clubhouse every night for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. She is on the third floor, and all she has to do is go down the elevator to the second floor, go across, and she is in the dining room. Some places charge for room delivery, and as far as I know, they don't. I told her they did because I didn't want her sitting in her room and think it is a hotel. I want her to go down from her apartment and go eat with other people, but they do bring her the meals if she is not feeling up to going down, they will bring her meals to her apartment. They have three meals a day here versus all the other places with two meals a day. The apartments are great. They are big, and they have a full-size washer and dryer, a dishwasher, a full kitchen, and a huge bathroom with a walk-in shower and a stool to sit on. She's got a queen-sized bed in there, but there is room for a king size or even two-doubles or whatever. It is a one-bedroom, but it is actually bigger than what she was living in before. Sometimes, we have little problems with communication because my husband pays the bills and we don't live there, so we have a little trouble keeping up with the bills. We have a trust fund set up for her, and it is supposed to automatically pay it and they are a little slow with that. You got to kind of watch for extra things that weren't really there, but other than that they are friendly, and she loves it. It is almost like living in an apartment building complex. It's got a beautiful swimming pool.

June 27, 2014

My parents are going to go to The Classic. I picked them. The rooms were OK; however, they needed an upgrade.

June 26, 2014

By Sonia4

The Classic is situated in a nice place. The food was pretty good. We know somebody who's there, and they seem to be happy. The rooms were very nice. The staff was very friendly. Arlene was very nice and she gave a very nice tour. The place was a little rundown, and I understand they need a little renovation. But that didn't really change anything. It didn't affect that much.

June 17, 2014

By Gloria22

Classic was good. The rooms were spacious enough. When I went there, we had a misunderstanding about the time of visitation. They did accommodate me by taking me to the dining area while the staff was available to show the rooms to me. They took us to an activity room, and they showed some exercise going on.

February 28, 2014

The Classic at West Palm Beach was very nice. It looked nice and everything. I was impressed with the apartments. They were very large and very accommodating. If I was the only one involved with my mother's care, I would have had moved her already to The Classic. They have a calendar of activities. They have activities for different levels of patients. The good thing about it was that my mom would be able to go to whatever is in their calendar.

December 30, 2013

We chose Classic at West Palm Beach because of the quality of the rooms and the location is right where we live. The room we got for mom is better than the others. From my perspective though, the room was not in greatest condition but they promised to make upgrades. The apartment overlooks a nice pond which makes a big difference and itÕs very close to the clubhouse. The food was okay and my mother liked it. Everything worked together.

December 26, 2013

I've taken a tour at The Classic and it was a very nice place. I'm on a waiting list for a two-bedroom unit. The lady manager was very nice as she would check in with me frequently. Their apartments were very nice and large enough. I was very impressed with this facility. I would recommend them.

November 29, 2013

I was very impressed with the Classic. I was able to talk to the secretary named Karen. She gave me a tour. They offered a lot of service. The place was very clean. I love the outdoors because it was very peaceful, beautiful and good for walking. It was private and gated community. I really liked the place.

October 30, 2013

By Fred13

The Classic was very nice. It was very similar to the other place I visited. The only problem is the location which was a little too far from where my mom and sister lived.

August 09, 2013

By Joan22

My brother used to live at Classic at West Palm Beach, which we chose because it was close to our house. I liked it that they supplied his food, which was good and they had a dining room. That was the best part of their service. His room was in a good size with a kitchen, a living, a bedroom, a bathroom and a closet. The also had car service. They had housekeeping. However, they didn't do a good job. So, they need to improve on that. It was a gated community but half the time there was nobody at the gate.

June 26, 2013

By Laurie13

I like Classic at West Palm Beach. The rooms were okay. My mom actually has a roommate and she is in the assisted living facility. It has a center area, a kitchen, and a living area that was shared and then on her side, she got her own bedroom, a bathroom, and her own walk-in closet. I am just a little upset with the staff. She fell last night and they never called me even though they called the emergency crew. She was in so much pain and she finally called me herself this morning. She ended up in the ER. The staff told me that it's their policy that they don't call family in the middle of the night unless she would end going to the hospital. They have communication problems. I've eaten there and the food was good. My mom participates in bingo and they have that a couple of times a week. She would also participate in craft activities. They have sing-alongs, exercises and have movies. They have something for the residents every day.

June 22, 2013

By Ms Jane

We first spoke on the phone, then received a tour. I really like the facility and the personal aprtments. They were very spacious, and we were being offered a discount as well, as they told us the are desirous of having 100% occupancy. We asked for an e mial describing the costs, and also what the cost would be after the months of the reduction were completed. We wanted to know for certain what the future costs would be. that was several weeks ago. I contacted them and was told the e mail would be sent on the following Tuesday. The information never came. I called again and was told it would be sent right out. Again the email with financial information never arrived. I then got a call from an employee who told me it would be sent the next day and apologized for the delay. I was again disappointed and that was over a week ago from now. I wondered if they didn't want my particular Mom there, or if there was something wrong with our situation or what exactly was the cause? A customer should ever have to feel this way!!! I am very disappointed because we really especially like the apartment Mom would have had, and the facility appeared to be well suited to our needs. You have to start wondering though "If they can't even follow up with information, how would their communication skills be when we might have a concern to address about Moms care, or a change we wanted to implement. This has been completely unsatisfactory and we haven't even gotten in the door so to speak! They were very encouraging and informative in person, so what the heck? I am at a loss to understand their behavior at this juncture, and needless to say, If Moms need to move have been pressing we would have tally been up a creek with them!!!!!

June 11, 2013

By Douglas P.

Classic West Palm is a very lovely place and the staff there is terrific. There were eight buildings on fifteen acres. But their buildings are six stories high with elevators. I don't like heights and I don't like a crowd of people. I saw too many people there. I use a walker and I don't want to have to walk five hundred yards to get to the dining hall. Just my stand point of view and not the facility because the facility is beautiful, it's just me because I just don't want to be with all those people, I'll have to give them a 1 for me. There was a terrific lady there, they spent a lot of time with us and showed us around. Like I said, it's just too big.

May 17, 2013

By Sandra24

I visited some friends at the Classic. At that time, they were afraid to take anybody that was in a wheelchair for fear they will become too dependent. I tried to have them take a friend who was a full polio patient, but was extremely independent, and they did not want her there. But, it has changed a lot and they don't do that anymore. I've got another friend in there, and she likes it. They have a good location, beautiful grounds, a lot of activities, and the food is good.

March 20, 2013

By Mark Whitney

My mom used to stay at the Classic at Brookdale. The nursing staff was outstanding. All of the support staff was very good. My mom was actually very happy with the food there. It was excellent. I loved to have lunch there with her. The apartment she had was very big and spacious. It also had a nice porch. I would recommend this facility.

August 20, 2012

By James7

June 22, 2012

By Clauscastela

I really liked the atmosphere. The staff was very friendly and cheerful. They seemed to be people that really cared. I could tell by their attitude that they weren't just there to make a paycheck, they were there to make a difference. The homes were also very nice and many options in styling are available. My grandfather speaks mostly Portuguese so there was a slight language barrier , however they do have a few Hispanic caregivers which is useful in my community due to the large amount of Hispanics living here. My favorite thing about the whole place was the greenery and the aesthetic value of the place. This facility provides everything an older person needs and in addition provides entertainment. The price is also reasonable but a little on the high side at $2000 a month. My grandparents decided assisted living was not necessary for them yet but my grandfather says that if one day it is necessary to live in a place with 24 hour care that "The Classic" is definitely for him.

May 19, 2011

By freelanceassessor

Visited this facility

The facility is beautiful inside and out. Each room is phone ready and has a kitchenette, an emergency call system, grab bars, and temperature controls. The major dining room has a vacation style theme to it with white linen and sophisticated wicker chairs. The entire facility has a laundry, patio, pharmacy, parking; there are guest rooms, guest meals, room service and computer available for use. The customer service I observed there was decent as well. The day I went there on the tour, the staff were very kind and the area including all staff were so clean! Pets are also allowed!

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale West Palm Beach

June 19, 2014

By AEW

Mom was at the independent living at Classic at West Palm Beach. Since she was in their independent living area, she wasn’t getting the supervision she needed. My mom has dementia, and one time she went down and saw a doctor there instead of her doctor, and the next thing I knew, they ordered all these tests. I didn’t find out about that until I started getting the bills. She went down supposedly to get a flu shot, and I was never able to find out if she really got one because they don’t keep records of their independent living residents. They couldn’t give me the name of the company who gave the shot. I was very unhappy with that. I was fighting constantly with their housekeeping with regards to cleaning. Those were kind of things that I was running into there a lot. It's a good place, but they didn’t take extra little steps for my mom.

February 27, 2014

By Joanne22

The person that took us on a tour at the Classic was very patient and she answered everything. I found the rooms to be very spacious and lay out very well. I thought the food was terrific. My mom was interested in any social activities. She liked the exercises classes and the trivia competition.

December 31, 2013

Classic at West Palm Beach was one of the facilities that’s not too expensive although I didn’t like it. The rooms were small and the facility is old although it’s well kept. Walking by the dining area, I saw that it was nice. I didn’t see any activity when I went there, but they do have an activity room. Based on the price, I think they need to upgrade it.

September 26, 2013

The Classic is my favorite so far. It's absolutely lovely. The facility looked clean. The people looked nice and well-dressed. They did have a swimming pool and activities, like music. I took my parents there for lunch because I thought that was a place that they should see. The food was lovely. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The girl who showed us around was terrific. She told me everything. The apartments that we saw were smaller than my parents are used to, but they understand that when they do this kind of move, they're going to be smaller. We looked at two-bedroom and one-bedroom apartments. My parents won't be considering their two-bedroom because they think it would be too much for them. The one-bedroom was terrific and we saw different versions of them. They all have washers/dryers and closets, so that's nice for them! On the whole, I like the idea of an independent living having assisted living accommodations. So if my mom needs assistance, she can have that in this facility. That's important for me! Because once my parents move, I don't want them to have to move yet again. I absolutely recommend this place to others.

August 01, 2013

By Cyndi5

I looked at The Classics and I liked it very much. Their one-bedroom was a little small but their two-bedroom was really nice. I saw their calendar and it looked like they had a lot to do. Everyone was very friendly and I would recommend it to others. They have nice independent living and I thought of putting my father there.

April 09, 2013

By caring2394

Classic at West Palm was a very proud group. The staff was very nice.

Photos of Brookdale West Palm Beach

• French
  • Spanish

• Licenses: #8256

About Brookdale West Palm Beach

Brookdale West Palm Beach provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

We are located on a 33 acre wooded area only fifteen minutes from the downtown arts and entertainment district, along with beautiful beaches. You’ll have access to wonderful health care, including four area hospitals with various specialties. Plus you’ll be right next to the Florida Turnpike and ten minutes from I-95, offering easy access to all of south Florida. Outings include trips to local museums, casinos, to the theater to see Broadway shows, the opera and more. Brookdale West Palm Beach also provides a concierge who can handle our residents’ special requests.

Map of Brookdale West Palm Beach