Isles of Vero Beach

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

1700 Waterford Dr, Vero Beach, FL 32966
Isles of Vero Beach (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 27 days

Move-in by March 31st and receive $500 off your first 3 months. Applies to April, May, and June rent. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Isles of Vero Beach

Assisted Living Reviews for Isles of Vero Beach

March 27, 2020

By BH

I just love it here in Isles of Vero Beach. I don't know what I would do without them. They're just like family. They watch over me and I'm safe here. They have all kinds of activities. They're good at healthy Christian things and I can go to church here. We have wonderful times here. They would bring in very talented people playing music for us. We just sit and enjoy them. Denise is the leader of this. She comes to us with little treats and goodies for us to enjoy. I don't know how you can have it any better. My wonderful husband died, I feel a big loss and I miss him every day, but these people take care of that. If something breaks, don't worry about it, they'll fix it. I have nothing but praise to say about the Isles of Vero Beach. It is a beautiful environment. They're wonderful and staff is caring. They also have good food.

Hi there, thank you so much for your review, your feedback is very important. We are so happy to have you with us!

March 01, 2020

By Lee

I'm in assisted living of Isles of Vero Beach. It is pretty good, but they're short-handed. They need to get more people here. They're remodeling, so that's going to cause upheaval, but overall it is very good. I recommended them to a friend awhile back and she had already moved in. The staff is overworked and underpaid but they're lovely. I get along very well with them. They're very nice and very accommodating. Their front desk person is a marvel, the new cook is fantastic, and the new management is making changes and is doing very well at it. They need remodeling and doing what they should do. There are plenty of activities, but I have a hard time partaking because of my two conditions. I love entertainment. Yesterday, there was singing and music in the lobby. They have activities all the time which is just wonderful. They have arts and crafts for those who do it. Well, it is probably the best value in town for the money. It is expensive but I think it is worth it.

February 27, 2020

By DR

I have been a resident of Isles of Vero Beach for over a year now. It gets better each day, it just takes time because it is so different. The people are so nice and the medical people are wonderful. I played bridge once or twice, but I don't do that. Other than that, there is not too much that I do. I have a lot of friends from Vista Plantation where we lived for 30 years that come and take me out for lunch. There are activities but a lot of them are nothing I'm interested in right now. I have an apartment and everybody that comes through the door tells me how nice it is. When I first came, the food was out of this world and the service looked grand, but it has all gone downhill since then. The dining room is getting such a bad name because everything is just not clicking. It isn't bad but it is not as good. They also have a new chef so that makes a difference.

May 10, 2019

By Ellie

My mom is at the assisted living of the Isles at Vero Beach. We are extremely happy. They have been wonderful, and my mom is happy. Everything is very clean. They’ve replied everytime we ask a question and follow through. I have no complaints, and everything is wonderful. She’s been there a couple of weeks and has had her hair done, signed up to go to the store, and one day she was talking to my sister and had to hang up because it was ice cream social hour. There’s a lot, and she’s starting to get involved. They’re in the process of updating replacing some carpets and already changed some locks this week.

June 20, 2018

By Jane

My mother is a resident of Isles of Vero Beach. It's an older and very large community, but it's very homey compared to other places and my mom felt very comfortable here. They have activities like going on day trips, card games, and movie nights a couple of nights a week. They also bring in music and entertainment, dominoes, and horseracing on Wednesdays using wood horses on sticks; everybody gets so into it. She gets three meals a day, her laundry done, help with showering every other day, and help picking out her clothes every day. They are very good with helping her find her way around because it is a large community. They have independent living on one side and assisted living on the other, but they intermingle and the people from assisted living can go to eat at the independent living dining room if they want. They give the residents their main meal at lunch time, and it's always very good, but dinner is not as good as lunch.

Hi Jane, thanks for the positive feedback on Isles of Vero Beach. We are glad to hear your mom is enjoying life here in our community. We strive to help older independent people live better and are proud to call your mom a resident. If there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to reach out. We hope to see you soon!

December 04, 2017

By David D.

Isles of Vero Beach was very opulent and very expensive-looking. The staff was very nice. We went into one of the apartment rooms, and I looked at a cottage, which were all very nice. The place is very clean, and people looked pretty happy. It's really classy and pristine.

June 06, 2017

By steve403211

My mother has been in Isles of Vero Beach for 2 years now. The rooms are large and well-equipped. They have all kinds of activities, i.e., bingo, outings, and concerts inside the community. The staff members are very nice and caring. They have a pool, an exercise room, a nice dining facility, and a nice lobby. It is reasonably priced too.

February 07, 2017

By Henry477472

We are in the assisted living at the Isles of Vero Beach. It is a wonderful place. Everything about it is great. The food is great, and the people who work here are wonderful. I can’t say enough good things about it. I have a bedroom, a living room, a kitchen, and a bathroom.

January 30, 2017

By Helen735886

The Isles of Vero Beach was nice. The staff was always overworked and running but very pleasant. They were more than willing to show us what we needed to see. The apartment was nice. They had lots of activities going on. I liked the location and the surroundings. It was very calm and very serene. They seemed to be very well run and well staffed.

November 24, 2016

By Sandi702301

Isles of Vero Beach's staff was extremely professional, and the facility itself was modern and clean, and it had all the amenities that anyone could ask for. The dining options were superb, and the kitchen units were modern, updated, and clean. When you walked in, everybody was sitting in the atrium, and they were visiting. There's a piano and soft music, so it was a really comfy and welcoming environment.

September 29, 2016

By Karen537327

The Isles of Vero Beach were very nice and more accommodating to the people who were there. It was very neat, very well-organized, and expensive. The apartments were very nice, and there were two sizes, either two-bedrooms or one-bedroom. I just liked the way it was nice, the way the rooms were very neat, and it was much more accommodating to the average consumer.

December 16, 2015

By Ingrid3

For me, Isles of Vero Beach could be kept a little cleaner. The carpet was dirty. They have quite a bit of activities -- bingo, movie nights. They were setting up for the Halloween. They have a Veterans Day celebration. We had lunch there, and the food was all good, but they need to improve their decor. The outside of the facility may need more plants and flowers, omething to brighten up the place. The outside needs to have a good presentation.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. Thank you for your sincere feedback. We take cleanliness very seriously so I've passed your review onto our Resident Relations department for further investigation. Thanks again, Katie

November 09, 2015

By Doris40

Isles of Vero Beach was very nice. The atmosphere was pleasant, and people were nice. They have independent living as well as assisted living and pet-friendly. They were very obliging and very helpful. It was an older building, but it was well located within a very quiet and pretty residential area that was gated, so you drive through that gated area first before getting to the place itself, which made for a lot of security. It was very attractive and very quiet. It was made up of little, upper-middle-class townhomes. The apartments were of a good size with two bedrooms, which is what I was looking for in a place. Also nice: they have functioning kitchens.

May 12, 2015

By Barbara105544950

I found the staff in Isles of Vero Beach to be very friendly, and they explained everything perfectly. I just enjoyed the place; it's very pretty and very roomy. My husband has two bedrooms, full kitchen, two bathrooms, and a big living room. He said the food is good. They have two dining rooms; one is very big, and one is medium sized. They have poker tables, bingo, and a lot of activities, and they take them shopping and to doctor's appointments.

April 10, 2015

My mother is happy as can be expected. Isles of Vero Beach seems to be very nice. They have transportation, and they do have nursing and physical therapy right there. They've got card games, movies, and TV. The food is pretty good, but she has a complaint about the cream soup. She thinks it is making her ill. The staff has been very helpful and cooperative.

March 17, 2015

We went on a brief tour of one the places. It was very nice and clean, but my father-in-law wants his independence, and he also felt that it was too much like living in a hotel, so he didn't really think it was for him at his time. It was called Isles of Vero. They were very nice, and it was a very nice community with a clean, good atmosphere overall and friendly people -- it was all very positive. He just wasn't prepared for that yet.

November 15, 2014

I lived in one of the Holiday Retirement homes. The one I was in was The Isles of Vero Beach. I was very well satisfied with this one. They have live-in managers, so there's always somebody there on-call. They have three meals a day. They have a beauty shop. They have activities. They have different size apartments. The apartments were very nice. They have a large heated swimming pool outside. However, they fired a lot of staff. Overall, it was very nice, and I wished I hadn't left there.

October 25, 2014

I've actually moved into the Isles of Vero Beach. I have a suite of rooms: a bedroom, two bathrooms, a living room, and a kitchen. The staff members are very, very fine people. They help you out every way. One guy even came up and hooked my TV up for me. The food is very, very good; it is well-prepared. Sometimes you think that maybe you are not getting a particular thing like I couldn't get any mayonnaise the other day, but that is a small thing, and the food is really good.

October 06, 2014

By Mary4902

I was very ill when I went in at Isles of Vero so I needed the care. The care was excellent, and there was plenty to keep you busy. The food was remarkably good, and it isn’t just assisted living; it’s also retirement and independent living, so there’s a lot of people there. I love the people and the staff was very good; I got all the help I needed. It had a pool, there’s plenty of place to walk around the grounds, and it’s very pleasant because there are ponds and you can watch the birds, but it was more expensive. I have to give them a very good mark because I was very ill and they took excellent care of me. I was able to live at the end of the year and my son was able to stay in the apartment with me.

September 29, 2014

By Caring95209550

The Isles of Vero Beach is a very good facility. The rooms are exceptional. I haven’t tried the food, but I heard from my mom that it is very good. They have skilled nursing, a pool, and a dining room; they really have everything you need.

August 30, 2014

By Barbara94447450

My parents are on the waiting list at The Isles of Vero Beach. The whole facility is really nice, open and well kept. The grounds are nice. They have a little pond up front and a big natural pond also. It is in a good neighborhood. They have a lot of activities for my mom and my dad. We actually go for a meal and they have good selection of food. The kitchen and the dining room are really good. Their rooms are larger than most of the other facilities in the area. It is a one-bedroom with a separate bedroom, a kitchenette and I think it is 700 square feet. I would recommend it to others.

June 30, 2014

By William3204

We really like The Isles. The staff was excellent. They were very friendly. The location is convenient. It is right on the main street going into town, and not too far from the shopping centers. The rooms were first class. You can get one, two or three bedrooms. They have a living room, a sitting area, and a little dining nook. They have activities. Food was good. They have a big dining hall, and they serve three meals a day.

June 19, 2014

By Vonnie1

Isles of Vero Beach was more like a huge resort. Don't get me wrong; it was really great. We had lunch there, and the food was excellent. Everybody was terrific. They had everything. There was a lot of interaction and a lot of things going on. They had a lot of activities listed and things that you could do. They had a room for Wii TV. They also had a craft room, and there was a lot in there that you could do. I think they had a pool there. They had restaurants and a beauty shop. You name it, they had it. The only thing was that it was an older building. I saw one big room that they showed for my mom and dad, and my parents had friends that lived there, so we got to see their two-bedroom apartment. They do have a kitchen and so forth, but they were kind of older. I thought they needed a little attention and needed a little fixing up. However, for everything else, they were fine.

April 21, 2014

By Barbara82998750

We had lunch at Isles of Vero Beach, and it was very good. We like this facility very much. It was a very nice place. The rooms seemed little to us, though.

April 11, 2014

By Caring83219450

Isles of Vero Beach is a nice place for my dad to move. It's a big community, and when you go into a lobby it seems like you are in a fancy hotel. It has a beautiful lobby. They have a huge dining room, and they also have a smaller one that my father can go to if he chooses. Everything is always clean and that is very good. He has a small apartment with a porch area that is screened, and that is very nice. The staff has been very good to him. They are there whenever Dad needs help. They also offer several different activities each day.

February 24, 2014

By Jane46

The people that work at Isles of Vero Beach seemed very knowledgeable. The facility itself is not too modern nor too old. It's very nice. She is in a shared room where she has her own private bedroom and bath. They share common living space. I know they have exercise facility, they provide three meals a day. They also have a pool there and aerobic classes on the pool. They also have a bus that takes the residents to their doctor's appointments, church, grocery shopping if they want or to any place they need to go.

February 24, 2014

I also went to Isles of Vero Beach. I didn’t get to tour the whole facility but as far the main building, it was setup nicely and the whole facility is very clean. The staff that I was able to talk to was fine. Its location is conveniently located by the mall so for independent living that would be great. The other thing I like about this facility is that you could travel and stay in one their places and I thought that was great amenity.

December 26, 2013

The Isles of Vero Beach was a very nice facility but expensive. It was more than I could afford. It looked very nice outside and it did have a very nice environment. They did have a lot to offer. They seemed to be very caring of their residents and they did have a lot of activities to do to keep them busy. I also saw an apartment. It was beautiful. It had a nice bedroom and bathroom. I had a meal there and the food was very good. The service was good too.

Independent Living Reviews for Isles of Vero Beach

October 01, 2020

By Claudia

My dad moved into the Isles of Vero Beach. It was just the best fit for him in terms of needs and location. The staff was very nice and welcoming. They're undergoing renovation, but the apartments were good sizes, and pretty well set up. The food is good, but their dining area is closed because of COVID. They're very accommodating, they've been helpful through everything, and welcoming.

March 24, 2020

By ME

I'm a resident of Isles of Vero Beach for two years now. It is OK, the staff members are good, but food is not too good. They have lots of activities but I can't participate in them because I have bad bones. They have something every day. My room is OK. We have trouble getting maintenance. It is the biggest problem here. They are good at some things, but they need to be working on the food and the maintenance. The place could be cleaner. They're working on it and they're making improvements now.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. We are delighted to hear that you are a resident at our community and we appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback. We will take this feedback and look for ways to better our community for residents and team members. Thank you

March 22, 2020

By Harry

Isles of Vero Beach is fairly nice. Well, there is a lack of help here and things bogged down mostly in the dining room. They basically need more help. The help itself is very helpful and everybody is very nice. If you put up with it, it is OK. There are activities but the attendance is very bad. The people who set up the activities try to promote everything. They are active at it, but the people who live here don't really participate. Well, they love bingo and they love some movies. They are refurbishing the place, but it is taking forever to do it. The staff is very good. They try hard; they do a good job in most cases. Food is not gourmet but it is tasty. Once in a while there is a let-down but in most cases, it is fine. Again, one of the problems is the waiting time during meals because there is a lack of staff. Overall, the food is fine.

Hi Harry, thank you for your review. We appreciate you providing us with your thoughts, our goal is to have happy residents and family members so your feedback is very important. We are working hard to give our residents and staff the best experience possible and appreciate your understanding in this transitional stage! Please feel free to reach out to the management team if you have any concerns you would like to discuss further. Thank you

March 15, 2020

By Nancy

I'm a resident of Isles of Vero Beach for two-and-a-half years now. It is a very friendly and warm community. I play bingo and bridge. My room is beautiful. I have a 2-bedroom because I had a partner until October and then he passed away. We have a once-a-week housekeeping and it is fine.

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community, Nancy! We are so happy that you chose to make Isles of Vero your home.

March 07, 2020

By ON

I'm living here in Isles of Vero Beach for four years now. It is very pleasant. I have no problems, however, they are refurbishing the place. The dining room is now a little bit crowded. They're doing the best they can but we get a little impatient. Other than that, there is nothing much they can do about it. It is going to be a mess, there is no way around it. It is a personal thing for me, it doesn't bother other people, but I'm tired of it, so that part is a little annoying. As far as I'm concerned, the staff members are overworked. They do two jobs like they do the dining room and then they do the housekeeping. Some of them prefer working with the people in the dining room and some of them prefer housework. If they get two separate entities, the help would be happier. They have a lot in their hands, but they do a very good job. They're very pleasant, very nice and they're always willing to do something extra for you if you ask them. I'm satisfied with the meals and I like food. I'm satisfied. I have an apartment. I have two bathrooms, a huge bedroom and a living room, and an enclosed porch. I got a screen that I would like to roll back. When I want fresh air in the place, I can open it up. For the price, I get my money's worth. They always got something going. Sometimes it is annoying that they have two or three things going at the same time. Their philosophy is one of them is bound to appeal to you. I want two of them and I can't be in two places at the same time. Nevertheless, we get a very good activity. There is always something to do and we have a library. We have a movie going on in the evening, too. The one thing that is very upsetting to us right now is that we have no bus. We got two drivers but they have been renting two cars. Sometimes it doesn't work out. There is a shortage of somebody. We have the same trouble with doctor's visits. They have Tuesdays and Thursdays, so if you didn't get your name in, you just can't get to the doctor that day. We can hire taxis, but it is not the same intimacy and enjoyment with your own facility having transportation. Also, this is a place for independent living. This isn't a facility here for any dementia or any real handicap.

March 04, 2020

By TS

Isles of Vero Beach is nice. The people are nice, too. I don't participate in many activities, but I like the sitting exercise. They have one at 11 a.m. for about half an hour or so. I understand that there are many people that they have to prepare food for, so you can't expect a home-cooking meal in the community living. I could see that people are complaining but people complain about anything anywhere. Nevertheless, they clean each room at least once a week and they do a good job.

Thank you for your positive review!

February 24, 2020

By Kathryn

I have been a resident of Isles of Vero Beach since Mid October. I like it a lot. The staff members are wonderful. I participate in as many activities as I possibly can. There are a lot of different things going on and I manage to stay busy that I need a day off. Food is actually quite good for institutional cooking. They do a really good job. Cleanliness is good but things are getting old. It may be worn or discolored because of the stains but they're taking care of it now. They're undergoing a little bit of a remodel, so they're trying to take care of it all. Other than just getting older, it doesn't have anything to do with cleanliness. Now it is dusty because we're undergoing a remodel. My room is the perfect size. The only thing that I could use maybe better would be some storage. Other than that, the room is the perfect size. The value for money is good.

Hi Kathryn, we are so delighted to have you with us! We appreciate your patience and understanding during this transitional time. Thank you for your feedback, it means a lot to us.

February 22, 2020

By San Sampson

This place has gone downhill over the year’s and prices keep going up about 5% per year with less service. My mom has lived here for 14 years. Food has really been horrible, they removed the live in managers so there is essentially no one there off hours for all these elderly folks. They now dropped the bus to take them to the grocery store Drs and bank and replaced it with 2 cars. Given the walkers and size of the car essentially they can’t fit anyone now which is criminal how they take advantage of the elderly.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. We are happy to hear that your mother is a resident at our community, however there seem to be some concerns on your end. We generally have yearly rate increases to accommodate for inflation and to ensure we are hiring the best staff for our communities, all of which is communicated before a lease is signed. As we are an independent living community, there is no requirement to have someone on premises 24 hours a day, however our residents do have the option of hiring third party caregivers should they need them. Please feel free to reach out to our management team if you would like to discuss further. Thank you

February 12, 2020

By Reviewer262020

I have been here in Isles of Vero Beach for seven years now. I like it here and I love my apartment. There are some things right now I'm not crazy about, but they're working on fixing the building, so that's good. The food is fair; it is not wonderful. It was, but it hasn't been so good, otherwise, I like it. There are not a lot of activities I do here; I'm 90 years old. However, I go to the movies when they have it, and I go to meetings and some of the entertainment, and that's about it. I'm not a game-player, but I like to read and there is a library. The staff members are mostly very nice. Right now, the place needs a lot of work. They're starting to re-do things. It is not perfect, but it is OK. They try very hard. I wouldn't want to move. I'm really happy here. It is really a good place for the money because most places are much higher, fancier and naturally a little better, but then you have to pay more money.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on our community!

February 11, 2020

By GZ

Isles of Vero Beach is fine. The rooms are nice. They're not really big, but there is a bedroom and a living room. For different people to come in and stay two or three nights, they have that arranged, so you don't have any problems. Cleanliness is pretty nice; we are pleased with it. There is a bathroom and a small kitchen in the room, too. We think it is pretty good. The staff members do a very good job. I found them pleasant and nice. We haven't been here that long to get involved in activities too much, but so far, it has been pretty good. We are pleased and we like it here. The place is nice, and the people are very nice. It works really nice. Food is pretty good, too. We like it. We are pleased with what we have here.

July 05, 2019

By Betsy

My mother moved into the Isles of Vero Beach six weeks ago. There's an ongoing issue, but I understand. The living atmosphere is pretty good. The staff is wonderful, but the top people not so much. Her room is a little out of date, but it's nice. The food is good, but needs to be hotter, and the dining area is always pleasant, nice, and clean. They have group games, entertainment, a gym, and social hours. It's nice and in the middle of updating.

July 03, 2019

By Gary

I was absolutely blown away by Isles of Vero Beach. It was very impressive, clean, nice, warm, and welcoming. The staff members and the director were fantastic. The level of education I got was phenomenal, as are the different levels of care available. It was very enlightening and I have nothing but praise for the entire opportunity that I had. My experience there was phenomenal. It was a great organization. The food was excellent, there was a nice variety, and a nice selection.

May 31, 2019

By Tyna

The location of Isles of Vero Beach was great. The grounds were beautiful and there were lots of lakes. It was very spread out and big though. I was a little disappointed in the cleanliness of the hallways. The common areas needed to be vacuumed. There were stains on the furniture in the lobby. They had assisted living in the same building down at the other wing. The rooms in the independent living are apartment type and spacious, but they didn't have anything on the first floor at the time. My mom had to go downstairs in the elevator every time she walks her dog, and everywhere you went was a long walk. They had a craft room, convenience store, cards and different games, and a pool. The residents seemed very friendly and happy.

January 01, 2019

By Geraldine

I really liked Isles of Vero Beach but it was so spread out that you had to walk too far to get to anything. The person who toured us around was very nice. The food was very good and the dining area was very large, like a restaurant. The wait service was very good, friendly, and nice.

June 17, 2018

By Evalyn

Isles of Vero Beach is the best place I've seen. Amazingly, it's less expensive compared to other communities that aren't as new or as good. The food is great, and the chef cooks everything really fresh. They have nice-sized rooms that are very bright and sunny. They also have a pool, exercise class, a huge craft room, and lots of activities.

Hi Evalyn, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Isles of Vero Beach! If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

August 21, 2017

By Maureen M

We really liked Isles of Vero Beach. If my mother-in-law decided to go this route, we would go there. I did an unannounced visit and was really impressed with how happy the residents were and how the guy in charge knew all of them by name. It felt like a nice, homey place that I think that she would really be comfortable in. The rooms were really big and roomy and had their own kitchen. I only looked at the independent living. They had assisted living where they can transfer. There's a huge room, like in a foyer, in the lobby, and they were doing a sing-a-long. They had a sewing room, puzzle room, and a room to play Bridge. It had a lot of things that she would have interest in. They offered for us to come at a meal and said that we could come unannounced, so that's really good. It was clean, well maintained, well managed, and easily accessable. It's a big facility.

November 30, 2016

By Dorothy370033

I am not ready to go into a home yet. I can still manage on my own, but if I were to go, I would go to the Isles of Vero Beach. It had absolutely everything you could possibly want, and the price was right. It’s the best one I have seen. They had 2 pools, a huge recreation room, and an exercise room. The dining room was fantastic. The apartments were beautiful. If I were to go anywhere, I would go there.

July 02, 2016

By Anthony041026

Isles of Vero Beach looks a lot like a hotel in some respects. The carpeting throughout the place needs to be replaced; otherwise, it's a pretty neat place. It's not luxurious, but it's a middle-tier facility. The staff has got some turnover issues because there's a lot of new places in the area. The people are very kind, in general. There were some great activities, but it ranges, so it's not consistent. Sometimes the activities were pretty lousy. I think the food is just OK. The rooms are 1,200 to 1,300 square feet. If you go with the biggest unit, which is what we have, you get two bedrooms, a living room, a dining room, a full kitchen, and three bathrooms. It's the biggest I've seen anywhere. It's clean, neat, and really nice with a lot of storage.

June 10, 2016

By SL163101

My experience at Isles of Vero Beach was excellent. I was very pleased. It was clean and comfortable, and the people were friendly. They had a pool, a salon, nurses on-site, a barber shop, a drugstore, a craft room, a card room, and a chapel for church services. The dining area looked like a large, fine-dining restaurant. It looked like it could easily accommodate a couple of hundred people. There were tablecloths, cloth napkins, sparkling glassware, flowers on each table, and huge glass chandeliers. It was quite elegant. People could choose different foods if they did not want the featured menu.

May 12, 2016

By AmandaEGJCH

The Isles of Vero Beach is independent living, so they have apartments. I think it is $2,700 a month and includes three meals a day, plus they clean every week and have monitoring. The food is OK, not awesome. The staff is fantastic, very helpful, very compassionate, and very caring. The staff is definitely what makes The Isles a place you want to call home. They have a pretty robust set of activities, like shopping trips, ice cream outings, movies, and bowling.

February 29, 2016

By Bruce33

Isles of Vero Beach offered three meals a day. They came up approximately the same as the other ones. They had a pool and the price was comparable. However, they did not have a full-time 24/7 medical, but they had it Monday through Friday 8:00 to 5:00. The staff was very friendly. My father has two friends that are there and he had lunches with them before and he didn't have any complaints about the food. I liked best the location; it's a lot more convenient.

September 29, 2015

By Donna61725150

Isles of Vero Beach seems to be a very nice place. We were impressed with it. They have good food and they treat the people well. There's a lot of good care and you have to be 55 to live there. It's about $2900 a month and includes housekeeping, three meals a day, and a lot of things going on for my mother. It's a really lovely place for a senior. If you need to go to assisted living, they have a building where they will move you up. I couldn't find anything I did not like about it. People come in every week and clean their apartment, change her sheets, and do her bedding. They have a wonderful restaurant with really good meals and they have three meals a day. They have a swimming pool, bocce ball courts, and little areas with water where you can fish across the street. The staff seems to be very good and caring. They have a bus that comes and takes you three times a week to different things, go see the manatees, and go shopping three times a week. It has pretty much everything you could need. They pay all your utilities except for your telephone. She has got a two-bedroom, two-bath, and a screened porch.

March 27, 2015

By Kimberly14

Isles of Vero Beach was kind of a dingy hotel/motel. The room was great, spacious, and really nice, but you had to go around corner after corner after corner to get to your room. It was a no. It was too far to walk. There was no clubhouse. There were very little amenities. It was an old property, and it needed to be renovated. They have this thing where you can travel to other Holiday properties whenever you want. That whole thing is a little bizarre. I don't want somebody else coming in to my apartment.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a negative opinion of Isles of Vero Beach. We value your feedback and hope you know you can call us directly at 1-800-370-8331 to make any specific suggestions for improvement. My apologies once more, Katie

July 21, 2014

By lookin' for a home

This facility has lots of things for resident's to occupy their time and seems a little more relaxed (but not lax in caretaking) than some places we visited. The staff is friendly and up-beat and the residents seemed more lively, more interested in what was going on around them. The dining arrangements were top flight and the menu seemed more than adequate. The little chapel and Bible study group is something that my Mother-in Law wants to have available to her and she can bring her small dog!

April 11, 2014

By Greg16

We did the Isles. The only problem with that was my mother-in-law doesn't get around too well, and she would have to walk almost a hundred yards to get to her apartment. It was on the second floor, or if she took the elevator, it was too far for her to walk, but everything else seemed to be pretty good. It's a really nice place if you're in good shape. The apartments are nice. It has a recreational room, a swimming pool, a lot of facilities. They do bingo and a lot of things for seniors.

December 26, 2013

October 29, 2013

Isles of Vero Beach didn't have individual cottages. They have apartments and I was not really pleased with them. The apartment I saw was so far from the elevator and I didn't like that. We have dogs and it just wouldn't have worked for us at all. We will not consider that.

Hello, we are sorry to see that our community was not the perfect fir for you at the time. We hope you found success in your senior living search.

May 28, 2013

By Ellen 2

I visited Isles of Vero Beach and it's a very nice place. It is affordable and the staff are very nice. The food is very good and there are quite few activities done during the day. I've also heard good things about them.

Questions about Isles of Vero Beach

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Isles of Vero Beach. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Isles of Vero Beach offers both independent living and assisted living options. The average age of residents is 79. Our residents especially enjoy the large community pool and taking outings to the beach and local restaurants.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Isles of Vero Beach is close to shopping, churches, schools and health care. Located on the Treasure Coast, the Atlantic Ocean is a quick six miles away. Downtown Vero Beach offers quaint shops and restaurants, community parks, museums, the McKee Botanical Gardens, and beach outlets.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Isles of Vero Beach has organized?

Recent outings include the McKee Botanical Gardens, Sebastian Seafood Festival, and casinos in Okeechobee, Florida.

What transportation services does Isles of Vero Beach offer to independent living residents?

Residents enjoy complimentary transportation to doctor visits as well as outings to shopping, churches, banks, restaurants, museums, casinos, movies, and more.

What makes the chef or dining program at Isles of Vero Beach exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

All meals are chef-prepared and made from scratch. We offer a variety of choices and include a healthy choice, residents’ choice, and chef’s choice at every meal.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Isles Of Vero Beach provides several inviting common areas for residents. These include a large activity room with vaulted ceilings that accommodates 200 people, swimming pool, locker rooms with showers, chapel, gym, library, physical therapy rooms, ice cream shop, bistro, resident lounge, gift store, and arts and crafts room.

What safety features or security measures does Isles of Vero Beach offer to independent living residents?

Resident safety is a top priority. All residents have GreatCall personal emergency response devices. Independent living staff are onsite from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm and assisted living staff are onsite 24 hours. We also have sophisticated emergency plans for weather events and other emergencies.

If Isles of Vero Beach accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Isles of Vero Beach is a gated community with a sprawling campus and large walking areas that your pet will love to explore.

Does Isles of Vero Beach work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We work with several agencies including home health, physical and occupational therapy, and companion services.

Costs for Isles of Vero Beach

Photos of Isles of Vero Beach

Services and Amenities of Isles of Vero Beach

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub, Washer Dryer Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Storage Space, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Clubhouse, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

• Licenses: #9095

About Isles of Vero Beach

Come live your dream of retiring in luxury.

The Isles of Vero Beach provides a comfortable, carefree lifestyle for retirees. It's the home away from home you so richly deserve!

Map of Isles of Vero Beach