Village On The Isle

Reviews of Village On The Isle

Assisted Living Reviews for Village On The Isle

March 28, 2016

By Marc4

Village on the Isle was very nice and well-maintained. The food was delicious and offered a wide selection. Everybody seemed to be adequate, friendly, and helpful. They have private apartments and people who can help you out if you need it. They had elevators. It was very neat and did not smell bad.

December 30, 2015

By Victoria16

I like Village On the Isle, but it is huge. I have a friend there. It is very nice. It is just too big, so I wasn’t interested. It has different phases. I saw one room and it was fine. They’re nice but they’re older. I don’t like them that much because of that. The kitchenette was not an open floor plan.

August 08, 2015

By Charles109971650

The rooms were very nice. Village on the Isle was a much larger and more populated place. It seemed like a little city really, but it was very nice, and the staff that we met was extremely friendly and informative.

May 12, 2015

By Lyn9

I have made arrangements to go to Village on the Isle. I know that it was bought by the Lutheran Church, and it is very well maintained. The apartments it has are reasonably priced, and it is a good enough size for a person. The staff was very helpful. They showed me around, and it is a great place.

March 19, 2015

I also went to the Village on the Isle. It was a very nice facility. My overall impression is that it looks great. It is just out of my price range for the assisted living facility. I could not afford it. For the nursing home, they only have 60 beds, and they take the first one that comes over from the ALF which is understandable. For that, my dad would have to go with Medicaid, and they only have a certain number of beds for Medicaid. It just wasn't able to work out. However, I would love to have gotten him in there. That was recommended to me from somebody whose mother was in there and had a wonderful experience. It looks like it was in talking to the director there. It just seem like they would really make it a nice experience. That's probably why it cost so much. I did go on a short tour, everything looked very clean, and everything is modern and updated. They had activities going on, and it just looked really nice.

January 12, 2015

By Joann14

Another facility that I visited is the Village on the Isle. This one is very expensive but very complete. It is a bigger facility with several buildings. It has everything that I like, but it is more expensive.

October 27, 2014

By George96357450

What was most impressive about Village on the Isle, it has been up very long, but they keep it up really well although you can tell a little age on it. The lady who accommodated us has been there for up to 10 or 15 years and she seems to just know everybody by their first name. She was really knowledgeable, and if you get in financial trouble they can help you through the VA or Medicaid.

August 29, 2014

Village On the Isle is a very lovely place. Their staff was excellent and the rooms are very nice.

August 04, 2014

My father is at Village on the Isle. He likes it. The room is good. It is not like an apartment -- it is just a room -- but I got him in an expanded one room and he likes it. He was used to a big apartment in the other facility so all the rooms were kind of small, but this one was expanded, so it was not bad. The nursing staff is very good.

July 19, 2014

We were at Village on the Isle. It's big; it has many buildings. Very nice facility. It has all the amenities that one would need. Memory care is in a special location, so there, you would have to move from apartment to apartment as your needs changed in addition to the fact that it's quite expensive. In that place, you also needed to dress for dinner, but my aunt is more casual. If you had the money and liked it, you'd love it there.

June 29, 2012

By BryanS019

My visit here was everything I thought it would be, that is, for a resident care facility. I enjoyed my stay and the staff were extremely helpful and courteous throughout my visit. I came to dinner with my family friend who is a resident at village, and has been for two years now. Before dinner I was taken on a tour of the building she lived in and she explained to me all the different activities they offer. The recreation room, the library, and the dens were more than what I would expect in such a place. It honestly felt and looked like a high class hotel with modern designed interiors. The grounds were well kept and the gardening efforts should be applauded---various trees and flowers, and many fountains dotted the landscape. However, it rained that morning and I remember noticing how flooded the parking lot was and the walkway to my friends building. The pool itself was big and the area even had attractive lounge chairs and tables to enjoy after a relaxing swim. The dining room was very nice and the food was actually pretty good! The wait staff were also very attentive and kind, especially for high school-age young adults. My friend told me most of them attended the local high school. Overall, village was in fact a very nice place to visit and I could tell my friend really enjoyed living here. Her resident-friends were also very kind and told lots of stories, which were actually pretty entertaining! Village on the Isle looks and feels like a great place to retire and the staff were more than accommodating. I was glad to see my friend at a facility that I knew, after my visit, was a place that was not only safe, but like one, giant geriatric family.

July 01, 2011

By SB57

Village On The Isle is absolutely wonderful! I have visited my grandparents at numerous retirement communities up North and NONE I mean NONE compare to Village On The Isle. The staff, the compassion they show to the residents. The facility is clean, beautiful and luxurious and affordable! Here's to VOTI - you are THE best!

Independent Living Reviews for Village On The Isle

August 29, 2014

August 27, 2013

By Caring Gentleman

Village on the Isle is very nice. It is very well-run. It is an older place but still a very nice one. We had a meal there and the food was very good. Their staff was very nice. The tour was very good.

July 11, 2012

By Anna Allen

Village on the Isle is a pleasant retirement and assisted living community. My grandparents lived in the same place for over 50 years and were reluctant to make the move into Village on the Isle. Once settled in, however, they have found a vibrant community and the assistance they need in their advanced age. They appreciate the meals and amenities available. They were able to hire outside nursing staff when my grandmother fell ill and needed extra care; they had no trouble coordinating this with the facility. When I went and visited Village on the Isle, I was impressed by quality of the food they prepare. Village on the Isle hires professional wait staff to serve the food, and the food itself is delicious. There are also activity buses that run from Village on the Isle to different points of interest. It's easy for my grandparents to remain well-groomed and engaged while getting the care they require. Overall, Village on the Isle is a great living community. It's not far from downtown Venice or from the beach, accommodates visitors well, and is a friendly and safe environment.

Nursing Home Reviews for Village On The Isle

• Memory Care

Payment options

• Payment Options Extra: , ,

About Village On The Isle

Welcome to the Island Life!

Palm trees swaying in an ocean breeze, the smell of salt air and the warmth of coastal sunshine on your skin. That is just a taste of the island life. Our renowned and beloved Village On The Isle retirement community is located on the island of Venice, Florida. Here you will find a fun, loving retirement community where fellow residents, staff and family are as warm as the Florida sun. Village On The Isle, situated on a beautiful 16-acre campus on the island of Venice, is one of the first continuing care retirement communities (Life Plan Community) on the Gulf Coast of Florida. A vibrant and visionary Community offering the full continuum of care, Village On The Isle is guided in its philosophy and practices by its mission to “share God’s love by promoting individual growth and dignity, enhancing the quality of life and meeting the human and spiritual needs of our residents, staff, and community.” Village On The Isle is a not-for-profit Life Plan Community affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.

At Village On The Isle, we believe our 37-plus year tradition provides peace of mind for residents and their families. We are proud of our pursuing the highest standards, including our commitment to financial stewardship and transparency, as we deliver quality services, accommodations, and campus-wide opportunities for residents and their guests to enjoy.

Map of Village On The Isle