Sunset Lake Village

Reviews of Sunset Lake Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunset Lake Village

November 29, 2016

By Visitor404427

Sunset Lake needed some work. It was more of a retirement home. The layout of the room was inconvenient, with the bathroom on the right next to the front door. It didn’t seem clean and nice. I would not have placed my husband there. However, the woman that showed me around was lovely and very, very nice. She was excellent, truly. She called me a couple of times afterward to inquire about my husband even though I didn’t pick that place. I was not impressed with it, but some people like it there.

Thank you, Visitor404427, for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays a critical role in our customer service, and we appreciate your sharing this feedback with us. We are so happy to hear your kind comments around our staff members, although we do wish our layout was more suitable to your liking. Please keep us in mind if anything does change down the road, otherwise, we would like to share our gratitude and pass on our sincere appreciation for your reaching out and taking the time to provide us this feedback - thank you so much!

October 27, 2016

By Marilyn816654

I visited Sunset lake, it was OK, and the memory care section seemed to be tucked away, and more of an afterthought. I didn’t care for the setup, the memory care was very small, and it looked like it could be ignored easily. The rooms were quite small, and I wasn’t pleased with it. The staff seemed OK, and they seemed to have some activities for the residents, but it wasn’t on the top of my list.

September 13, 2016

By Donald H.120073

We toured Sunset Lake, and it was the second time I’ve been there. They have what they call pods instead of individual rooms, and then they call them neighborhood. They have a central room for the neighborhood, and the meals are served there instead of the main dining room -- which is kind of nice -- with ten units for each neighborhood. The marketing lady toured us, and she seemed very nice. What we didn’t like about Lake is it’s a kind of a managed activity, but I didn’t see any entertainment. They gave me a schedule, and I did not see entertainment on the monthly schedule. They didn’t have a room that fits the budget; they had more expensive one-bedroom apartments.

May 10, 2016

By Henry25

Sunset Lake Village was good. The people were very nice during the interview and the tour, but it wasn't quite as luxurious as the other place. Rather than being more utilitarian type of setup, it's more like I'm in the Holiday Hotel. The grounds were quite nice. The closed courtyard area so that the residents will not wander off and get hit by a car was also nice.

April 13, 2016

By Gerald15

I visited Sunset Lake Village. I probably would not select that one because I did not care much for the facility. The rooms were nice but I wasn't happy with the general layout in how the rooms were arranged.

February 29, 2016

By Marbury

Sunset Lake Village is very clean and nice. I’m just concerned that not everything is on one floor. They have a lot of activities at this facility like entertainment once a week. They have a small dining room and on each floor, there’s a couple of smaller dining rooms too if they are serving a smaller amount of people.

February 21, 2016

By Howell

My mother was already in Sunset Lake Village before, so it's familiar to her; she has dementia, so that's why we chose to check her back to that facility. They have a friendly staff. The apartments are very nice. I have eaten there, and their food is very nice. They have tons of activities on a complete calendar, with everything from live music to bingo to dances, to group exercise, to arts.

December 30, 2015

By Victoria16

Sunset Lake Village was very nice. I’ve gone there several times to visit somebody. They did a very nice job. In an interview with me, I really like it, but I don’t like the way the rooms were set up there. I went to one of their birthday parties, and the staff was very nice to everybody.

September 20, 2015

We moved mom at Sunset Lake Village. They have studio apartments that have little kitchen areas. It's a smaller community, and it fits her needs. They do have different activities for their residents. They have a car that takes them to doctor's appointments. They have a van that takes them on trips like shopping trips. The food seemed good, and the dining area is a smaller setting compared to others.

July 28, 2015

By Albert11

It was pretty, but it was a little crowded in the neighborhood. There is a small group of men that club together, but what struck me was that the people there were rather older. I found the place a little old and a little disappointing. The curb view was a little crowded, the rooms were a little smaller, and the surrounding places to walk or ride a bicycle were not as impressive. I personally would not be especially happy living in something that looked like a very nice hotel. They're very pleasant to be in just for a night or three or half a week. Sunset Lake Village wasn't the best, but it was definitely good. It was very clean, very nice, and very presentable, but not quite as open and spacious as the other places I visited.

July 28, 2015

By Gail37

My parents are living in Sunset Lake Village. We are quite happy with it. It is nice. They have great activities. The food is very good, and the caregivers are very nice.

June 08, 2015

By Eleanor13

I am very well pleased with Sunset Lake Village. It is a very nice facility. It is clean, and the staff is very caring. My relative is very comfortable there. He seems to be satisfied. They have a lot of activities, and he participates in them. They also have entertainment. I have eaten there a couple of times, and the food is very good. The staff is very loving towards the residents. They treat them with respect and take care of them.

January 17, 2015

By Cheryl100479750

Sunset Lake Village Venice had neighborhood communities that were a little bit smaller. It's right off I-75, and it would be a location that my father still would be able to drive to church. It's not in a real busy area, and I like that. There was a group of people doing some exercise, and it was pretty much all that we observed. We really liked the director a lot. She was very patient with us and provided us a lot of information. The environment was satisfactory, but what I didn't like was there was a smell there. The other thing I didn't care for was when we walked in the door, it was very hectic and busy, so that's why I want to go back there and see it again.

December 10, 2014

By caringdec03201401

There were a couple of different sized rooms at Sunset Lake Village. All they have is queen size beds. I thought the place was nice and clean. It looked decent. I asked if they had an exercise room, and I don’t believe they do other than having groups of people at times do some group exercise. But I'm talking about treadmills. I find that if I don't walk, it messes me up.

October 30, 2014

By Michael96189250

We went to Sunset Lake Village because my grandmother wanted a ground floor room, and they had one available. She’s in a smaller room, but I think that’s OK. It has a little bit of a kitchenette which she likes. She really liked the fact that this facility has small sub dining rooms, not one large dining room so there’s less noise and with her hearing, that helps her. They seem to have something everyday but my grandmother is not very interested in most of them. We went there because she’s a celiac so she needs to have a gluten-free diet, and they said they could handle it there. My grandmother is still fighting with them a little bit because even though the manager and the chef seem to understand it, there are several people between the chef and my grandmother that don’t necessarily seem to understand it so that has been a little bit trying. The last time I talked with grandmother, she said she thought it was a little better, but we’re working on that. We’ve had some minor issues with the staff, but I think we’re basically doing OK.

August 06, 2014

Sunset Lake Village was very nice but I didn't like that they sectioned off different rooms into communities with like separate dining rooms. I felt if my father didn't like who was in his community, it wouldn't be good. The staff was very good. They were excellent. The rooms were small. The dining rooms were small. There were a lot of different dining rooms.

May 24, 2013

By Caring 8707

My mom was on rehabilitation at Sunset Lake Village because she fell and broke her hip. The rehabilitation center was separate from the assisted living facility. The place was clean and nice. They took very good care of her. The staff were nice and I always had a good experience with them.

March 14, 2013

By Lancelot1

I visited Sunset Lakes once. It was very impressive. It was very clean and well-run facility. But it was expensive. The rooms were nice, but the one I wanted for my father was not available.

Costs for Sunset Lake Village

Photos of Sunset Lake Village

Services and Amenities of Sunset Lake Village

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Yes

About Sunset Lake Village

Sunset Lake Village is a warm friendly family community located in Venice ,Florida where life is worth living! Our home is minutes from shopping beaches and cultural activity. Spacious common areas and courtyards welcome family and friends to enjoy entertainment and group events. Here you can relax knowing three nutritious meals a day will be served. Laundry and housekeeping, cable TV, WiFi are are included. Sunset Lake Village is not like home..It IS HOME.

Lunch Bunch outings weekly. Small pets welcome. Family night monthly. Live entertainment. Organized morning exercise. Senior Friendship Center outings. Emergency call buttons in bathrooms and bedrooms. Emergency pendant provided at no additional cost. Coffee bar and hydration station available 24 hours. Snacks and fresh fruit available daily. Dedicated staff. Country kitchens in each neighborhood for family and resident use. Seven dining area neighborhoods to choose from. Walking distance to grocery and personal shopping. 24 hour staffing. Memory Care activities and secure outdoor courtyard. Pet therapy weekly.

Map of Sunset Lake Village