Elmcroft of Bella Vita

1420 East Venice Avenue, Venice, FL 34292
Elmcroft of Bella Vita (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 16 days

Lease by December 31 and save up to $1,500 on your base rent in July 2019!* See our Sales Director for details.

Reviews of Elmcroft of Bella Vita

Assisted Living Reviews for Elmcroft of Bella Vita

November 19, 2016

By Barbara788303

We’ve been to Bella Vita several times visiting people. I think it is very nice, and I might consider it when the time comes. The staff had been very cordial and very helpful. I liked the fact that if you go there and you need assisted living, you do not have to change apartments. I have been in the apartments. One was a little bigger than a studio apartment, and then another one was a very good size, which was more than adequate with a good large kitchen, a good-sized bedroom, and a nice living area. The dining room looked very pleasant, and apparently you can order from a menu. They seemed to have the visiting beauty parlor, and they do have a swimming pool. It would be easy to have a car because they do have parking places. My husband and I both thought it would be something to consider in the future.

August 31, 2016

By Disappointed 761356

My wife was evaluated and accepted for respite care. I was assured they could meet her needs because she was categorized as a Level D patient. Within 8 hours I knew my wife was not appropriately placed because Bella Vita was unable to provide the care she needed. Although the facility was clean and the staff was pleasant, we would have been better served if the admission staff based their decision on the needs of the patient, not filling beds to increase revenue. We were charged over $1,000 for a 72 hours stay. I was very disappointed with the experience.

February 29, 2016

By Create

Bella Vita Venice was very well done, very clean, and had a lot to offer. Everything was excellent. What I liked best was the overall ambience.

January 13, 2016

By Gordon5

We stayed at Bella Vita Venice. The experience was not good. We didn’t fit in. We were more independent than most of the people there, so it didn’t work out well. It was very nice, and the employees were nice, but the residents were in worse condition than us, so it was a little depressing. The people there were good, the food was good, and the facilities were nice, but we didn’t mix in well with the other residents. It was a good place. We just got in a little too soon.

January 01, 2016

By cardjeff

Other

I had two aunts living at bella vita, the second floor smelled like spoiled milk, numerous times there were ants in the rooms. The dining room was nice looking but as one of my aunts needed assistance getting to/from the dining room she was often "parked" at a table for up to 30 mins before and after her meals. One of my aunts basically was asked to leave as she "fell" too much.

We are sorry to hear Bella Vita Venice did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that we are passionately committed to serving our residents and our goal is to provide an individualized plan of care to fit our residents' needs. We will review and share your feedback with our mangement team.

December 30, 2015

By Victoria16

I visited Bella Vita Venice twice for my aunt. I like their social things. I also like the way you could do independent living and then move not too far into assisted living. They did have the usual activities. I got the idea that they listen to the residents for ideas on different things and I like that too. The rooms were fairly good. They weren’t my favorite, but they were fairly nice. I like the way the assisted living was laid out around a big balcony, so that it felt like you’re not too detached from everything. However, the facility was a little big and a little older than I like. I like something a little smaller and more personal.

July 28, 2015

By Gail37

The rooms at Bella Vita Venice were very nice. We were pleased with what we saw.

June 25, 2015

By Joy29

Bella Vita was very nice. Everyone was very nice. They showed us two different styles of rooms, and they were both very nice. The dining area was fine when we had lunch there. They gave us an activity calendar which includes bingo, cards, Wii bowling, and different chair exercise classes. Then they had outings too. I like that everybody there was really nice. I would put my mom there if she was ready.

April 20, 2015

By Jack38

We were very impressed with Bella Vita. The people were most helpful. We talked to several of the clients who were living there, and every single one of them said nice things about their care. It was extremely clean, and the people liked it very much. My mother had a friend who stayed there until she passed away. My mother used to visit her, and she always said nice things about it -- how much her friend liked it and how nice the people seemed to be. We used it as a milestone marker and compared the others against it, and it still stayed number one. From what I’ve seen -- and we went in without an appointment -- I was very pleased. If we’re going to need one -- and we’re likely to in the next month or so -- it’s definitely the one we would go to.

January 13, 2015

By Joann14

The facility that I like is called Bella Vita. The person who supervises the place is very organized. They know the names of the people who lived there and whether they are incapacitated or not. They run a very organized facility. I went to the dining area twice, and the food was very nutritional and very satisfying. The people could have their choices of what they wanted. The staff is considerate, kind, and helpful. They have a swimming pool, a big library, and a resting area. They also have club activities that anybody can go to, and they have entertainment as well.

January 12, 2015

By Dell1

At Bella Vita, they had very nice people. They had a lovely dining room, but the rooms were way too small. In their one-bedroom, you would be lucky to get a twin bed in there and the living room would hold one easy chair and a TV. I think it's a great place for assisted living, because you're in a wheelchair and don't need much more room. The facility looked very nice from the outside, they kept it well maintained, and it was nice on the inside too, but it was a much older facility. But the rooms were way too small. The lady we talked to and gave us the tour was just a wonderful person. She seemed genuinely concerned about our concerns.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. We realize that our rooms are smaller than many expect. Most of our residents are downsizing, which can be a difficult transition. They do not need as many items in our setting, as we provide many items and activities!

December 16, 2014

My sister is in Bella Vita, and she is doing well. It is a very nice place. It has a beautiful lobby and dining room. It is just a beautiful place, and I think they are taking good care of her. I did eat with her in the dining room; the food was very good, and there were quite a few choices.

December 05, 2014

By Benita1

Bella Vita was very nice, but it was way beyond our price range. I would want to move there myself, but I couldn't afford it. They certainly were not out of line from what the pricing is for these facilities. It seemed newer, and the design of it seemed much larger and more open. When you went in, the layout of the community was much more inviting. The way that it was setup was almost like it had been a very upscale hotel. It had very a high roof and vaulted ceilings. The people were very alert and very happy, and it smelled nice in there. I think a lot of it too was that it was a larger facility, and it just seemed a little more luxurious.

August 28, 2014

I put an application in at Bella Vita. It was near my son. The place was very clean. It was very friendly, very homey and very comfortable. I looked at their activity calendar. It was quite active. The staff was very nice.

July 19, 2014

Bella Vita is a smaller facility. The staff there was very nice and gave me a thorough tour, so I had a good idea of what was going on, where it was going on, what the whole facility looked like. The one thing that I really liked was, in addition to the cost, which wasn't too extravagant, it had nice facilities. You could start out there as an independent living person, and then as you graduate into needing more assistance, you didn't have to move your apartment. More or less, the assistance came to you rather than you moving to the assistance. In my mind's eye, it was clean. Activities were underway. There was ample staff around to handle things as far as I could tell.

July 12, 2014

By crtalkr

My Dad has beenin Bella Vita for 4 years. The facility as deteroriated beyond wirds. His room is dirty...his tub us full if mold. His personal care is non existent. Currently has open sores on his legs. They only shower them twice a week. The last timeI was there bugs were in his toothbrush. They have been quarantined in the last 3 months for illnesses that spread through out Bella Vita. The food is inferior as well. Yes the activities are nice and so is the staff. But if you are looking fir ant level of care forget it! They do not have the licencing to provide it. AND YES WE HAVE COMPLAINED IN WRITTING and to management....no change. My advice is to stay away.

April 23, 2014

By Denis1

Bella Vita is very, very neat. The personnel seemed to be right on target. It seemed to have all the amenities that a person would want. It did not give me a feeling that I was in an old folks' home. I did see their dining room, and it was very nice. For the needs of my sister, I can say that their rooms would have been very adequate.

April 11, 2014

By Olga2

The residents seemed very well taken care at Bella Vita. The staff are just excellent in helping the patients, as well as their families. When we went there, the staff explained to us how the facility works. They do have lots and lots of activities in the facility. All in all, it's beautiful.

February 27, 2014

Bella Vita is a nice place but it is an older facility. It has been around for a few years. It wouldn't be a bad place to go. The place was nice and clean. It did have a nice dining room. They did have fairly nice rooms. The people seemed to be very nice there as well. The lady I talked to she said she has been working there for 12 years. If I have to go to one and that was the only one available, I would probably move into that.

June 26, 2013

By Gail13

Bella Vita is wonderful and an incredible place. Its beautiful. People come from all over the country to stay there. My mom has her own apartment with one bedroom and a little kitchen. They have a big dining room. They have meals three times a day. They have a lot of activities. They take the residents to drives and trips. They keep the residents very, very busy. My mom is still grieving because she lost my dad last year, but she is starting to pick up a little bit. She is having a hard time making friends, but the staff are paying attention to that and I feel that she is very safe there. We are very lucky to find the place.

April 24, 2013

By Joseph11

Bella Vita is in a lovely area and it's a nice place. The members of the staff answered all my questions and they were very helpful.

December 27, 2012

By Eugene1

Bella Vita is nice. The rooms were nice, they have big dining room, and everything seems clean. I've recommended them to others. But I just figured out I wasn't ready for it yet. I'm still able to get around and do my own cooking, shopping, and my own cleaning. I do everything myself.

June 11, 2012

By pat keith

This is a neat and tidy facility where my great grandmother has been staying and everything is great! It seems to be lot of caring & compassionate folks working there and I am very pleased with the facility so far. They give her the support that is very hard for me to provide. They have a wonderful staff full of nice, caring nurses. Overall, I feel comfortable leaving her at this place knowing that she is in good hands. There is an area where the residents can freely walk outside onto a porch and get fresh air. The large common area is where they gather for activities and dining. The staff assures that each resident is seated and gets the proper meal for their needs. They provide laundry service, housekeeping, snacks, meals, and various activities such as bingo, trips outside to ride around town or visit the beach, medication disbursement, assistance with bathing and personal hygiene, and many more everyday tasks. This service is so important to people with Alzheimer's as they progress in the disease and loved ones are no longer capable of caring for them. I would recommend this facility for old people.

Costs for Elmcroft of Bella Vita

Photos of Elmcroft of Bella Vita

Services and Amenities of Elmcroft of Bella Vita

• State Licenses: AL7200

About Elmcroft of Bella Vita

A beautiful, resort-style community nestled in a charming city, Elmcroft of Bella Vita features spacious accommodations, well-appointed amenities and scenic views. Our warm, inviting senior community offers all the comforts of home, plus caring, professional staff to meet the individual needs of our residents. Our wide range of activities, events and outings ensures that everyone has opportunities to engage with community and live life to the fullest.

• Café
  • Scheduled Transportation
  • Beauty/Barber Shop
  • Fitness Center
  • Wellness Center
  • Private Dining Room

Bella Vita is a three-building, 112-apartment home, just 25 miles south of Sarasota. Private residences feature screened lanais and full kitchens, with beautiful renovations including granite counters, tile floors, crown molding, new cabinets, lighting and appliances. We've renovated our group common areas to include a lovely dining room, spacious family room, library and outdoor swimming pool, giving residents and their loved ones the opportunity to get to know one another.

Map of Elmcroft of Bella Vita