Brookdale Bayshore

Reviews of Brookdale Bayshore

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Bayshore

May 10, 2016

By Jane123979150

Brookdale Bayshore was a very large place with slow elevators. The apartment was a bit rundown, it looked old and could use a refresher. The location was excellent right on the bay which is lovely. It seemed to have a more active group of people, a more younger crowd. In fact, my understanding is that there are people there who are still working. I saw lots of people out and about, not in a specific activity. My only feeling about that place was that the apartment was just a little bit worn down and tired. The staff was nice.

March 15, 2016

By Cindy121596150

My parents are now at Brookdale Bayshore. They have a beautiful view of the bay. The dining room and food are excellent. All of the services are provided, including medication maintenance, showering, checking on them, and dressing. They have a very compassionate staff and good activities, like happy hour every Friday, movies, bingo, and shopping trips. They also have somebody who comes in to sing and play piano. Transportation to doctors' appointments is provided.

October 28, 2015

By A Loving Son

My father is at Brookdale Bayshore. It is close to where I live. It was nice, and the people seemed friendly, but I don't like it anymore because I felt like he is not getting the attention. I'm little disappointed with them. It is not cheap either. They need to pay attention to detail. They don't clean up his apartment as well as they should. There are some activities, but my father doesn't participate in a lot of them. Some of the workers in the restaurant were nice, and that's about it.

April 27, 2015

By Sandra104944050

The staff and the quality of care that Brookdale Bayshore provides for the residents stood out to me. I had a direct experience because I had an 86 year old cousin that resided there for a year and a half before she passed. I had lunch there, and the food was good. You have a choice because they have a selection. They have a selection plus a salad bar and wine for dinner. They have the quality of care plus the extra-curricular activities that they provide the client. On Fridays in the afternoon, they have a community happy hour. They either have a pianist that comes in or another musician, and they have music provided at that time. I was very happy with the tour.

February 18, 2015

By dangerouselevators

The facility is lovely , but the elevator situation is not only inconvenient but dangerous, You need more elevators and ones that work properly

August 07, 2014

By Jane88338150

Grand Court is high class but she didn’t want to be in a high rise building. It’s very nice. I believe this is the one that has a water view from the dining room. If you ask me, it’s outstanding! The day I went with her it was raining and clouding but she went again with my brother on a nice weather. The sales girl there was young, nice and professional.

July 31, 2014

By joycien

We love Grand Court...we chose Grand Court for our lovely mother because we knew she would receive great medical care and other services in beautiful and warm environment. We enjoy visiitng her there. All the staff members are warm and helpful. It is a gorgeous setting too. And the food is outstanding in the scenic dining room. And there are so many wonderful and fun activities for the residents to keep them vibrant, healthy and happy...and familly members too. I was finally able to take a vacation, knowing my mother is safe and secure and well looked after at Grand Court.

June 30, 2014

Grand Court Tampa was wonderful. That is one of the places that we have considered. The rooms were very nicely done, very well-equipped. They were like miniature apartments, which I thought wase wonderful and enjoyed. They greeted us as if we were renting there; they had no idea that we were not. And, the residents were all greeted with respect and joviality. They were wonderful. It was very impressive just to meet so many people who were living there and appeared to be happy living there. We went into the dining room, and it was clean. I didn't see food on the floor, and the tablecloths were not stained. Most of the rooms overlooked the water and beautiful things like that. Brookdale, the managing corporation, has done an amazing job of organization, of cleanliness, and of hiring people and giving an attitude to them that is helpful. At some of the other assisted living places that I went to, the workers, although they were pleasant, had an almost forced pleasantness. Brookdale has done an amazing job, a tremendous job.

April 01, 2014

By Paul31

We went to Grand Court Tampa. The visit went great. They overlook water, so it's a beautiful bay view. It was a very good place: the living environment, the rooms, the view, the people. It has a very good community all attending to each other, and the tenants and the staff got along really well. Unfortunately, the quote I got for pricing turned out to be about $800 more. It was a little bit out of my price range.

September 24, 2013

By Kate13

My grandmother was at Grand Court Tampa for less than a month. It was a really nice facility with several floors. They had a beautiful view of the water. The environment was beautiful and gorgeous. She had a studio which had a little outlet where the bedroom was so it did not feel like the bed was right in the living space. There was actually a living space where you could walk. It was really nice. They had a lot of activities and the food was great too. They had caregivers that took them downstairs to eat. The low point for me was the slow response time to the rooms.

July 24, 2013

By Michelle25

Grand court was high on my list; they just didn't have a vacancy at the time. The food, facility and accommodations were excellent. The person that gave me the tour was excellent, caring, and she spent time with me. The rooms were gorgeous, and the people were friendly.

March 15, 2013

By Lynn11

This community has given me the peace of mind knowing my Mother of 90 yrs. is safe, receives healthy and tasteful meals, enjoys nonstop entertainment and activities, but most of all is happy in her senior years. From the valet service and front desk to the administrative and dining room staff, along with maintenance who are always available, all go out of their way for not only the residents but for their families too.

June 22, 2012

By Sir Lloyd

I was pleasantly surprised to find the accommodations that this facility had to offer. I envisioned most assisted-living facilities as ragged, employed with unfriendly nurses unhappy to be there. This is not the life I wanted my grandmother to live. My worries were quelled when I visited the place to find that it was in fact a very comfortable place with a serene environment. Their fitness center met standards that even I, a 23 year old male, approved of and would make use of. I've had breakfast and dinner there, both of which were acceptable meals. My grandmother described the staff as "friendly and usually there when she needed them." She is not in need of full assistance, but they helped her with things such as errands and daily tasks that she was physically unable to do. I believe they have a pool as well, though my grandmother doesn't use it, but I imagine there are many elderly folks who would enjoy it. Overall, I am very satisfied with my grandmother's living arrangements and am happy she is living a in a comfortable environment in the ladder years of her life.

March 11, 2010

By Jane Smith

Excellent ALF with beautiful view of Tampa Bay

The view is not even the best part of the community here. The staff are very caring and compassionate from the administrator to the CNAs the staff really treats the residents and their families with the best care.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Bayshore

November 14, 2011

By virtual reader

The first thing I noticed when I drove up to Grand Court Tampa was the beautiful gardens and plentiful parking. Also the view of Tampa Bay was exquisite. When I went inside it was like walking into a beautiful modern hotel, with plenty of security. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I was able to visit with a few of the residents and all the residents informed me that they were very happy and content living at this facility. The facility offers weekly bus shopping trips, theatre trips and various outings. The rooms are very spacious and private. The facility has a swimming pool, game room where the residents can play chess or board games, etc. The facility also offers a fitness room and even a wellness clinic. I was very impressed that the facility also has their own private library. There is also a fine dinning room and a private dinning room so that when family visit's the residents they can dine privately. I would definitely recommend Grand Court Tampa to everyone.

Photos of Brookdale Bayshore

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Bayshore

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Brookdale Bayshore

Brookdale Bayshore provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

LPN on site to help with diabetic care, Neighborhood feel, 2 miles from Air-force base, Can help with Aid and Attendance paperwork.

Map of Brookdale Bayshore