Brighton Gardens of Tampa

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Tampa

Assisted Living Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Tampa

July 23, 2017

By Stress free daughter

I love this place! My Mom was in 2 assisted living facilities last year and both times she was unhappy and cried until I took her out. This year we tried Brighton Gardens Assisted Living Reminisce Unit (for dementia). She has been doing great there. I've walked in on the staff several times and find them dancing with my Mom, or hugging her, or sitting with her on the bench for 2 and talking with her. She loves all the sing-a-longs and we both love the live music every Sunday. The food is great. Staff is great and most have been there for many years. All ALFs are expensive but at least you get your money's worth here!

April 08, 2017

By Channelsurfer

Think twice before actually placing a loved one here. If you loved one has any level of dementia do not consider moving them here. They do not do the job they promise and once you are in they are horrible to work with and they continue to nickel and dime you and raise prices.
Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving(dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise team

March 29, 2017

By Ed804300

Brighton Gardens was fantastic and looked like a resort area. I was very impressed with their facilities, and the staff members we talked to were extremely friendly and extremely helpful. It was a very good place. They took us around and showed us probably three different styles of room that would be available. We saw some people doing some activities. They explained what activities would be available, depending on my brother's level of cooperation.

January 11, 2017

By Jvk

Walking into Brighton Gardens you see a pretty and clean smelling facility, but don't let that fool you, I thought at first site I was sending my mother to a safe compassionate environment but this is no where near 5 star care. With a neglectful and verbally abusive staff, my mother was ignored and told to shut up when she cried out for help. With her catheter about to burst and a urinary tract infection, no apology was offered for the lapse in detail. I was there at least three times a day to ensure my mother received quality care .....I can't imagine how the residents with no advocate there to stand up for them are treated. I cannot rate them because there is no number in the choices that is low enough to express my disappointment
We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the care and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

November 21, 2016

By Yoyo7777

Very expensive, no communication between staff members abouts residents. If guest is suffering from any dementia do no put them in the assisted living side as they have no ability to help residents with specific everyday needs. Full care highest level with full medical just went up over 200.00 a month. Expect to pay 193.00 to 226.00 a day for full care.

September 19, 2016

By Dianne L.

Brighton Gardens was very beautiful and inviting. The rooms were nice, and the people were very helpful and welcoming. It’s very clean, the people were very nice, and the clients were happy. They had an area to watch movies and kitchen areas. The outside was kept nice with tons of activities and a barber shop. The staff was very pleasant.

September 11, 2016

By DeniseinFlorida

Brighton Gardens was nicer, it was what my dad chose, and he's moving next week. He got a studio, it was big, and it had with plenty of closet space. We had lunch there, the food was good, but the portions were smaller. It’s very clean, and it doesn’t smell.

July 29, 2016

By Candyce834065

I had a tour of Brighton Gardens, and now I am trying to get my mom in the place. It’s lovely and cheerful. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The whole place was clean, and the apartments were really nice and well furnished. The dining area is very nice and open and looks like it's a great place to have a meal.

December 29, 2015

By Caring Daughter116386350

Everything was really nice at Brighton Gardens of Tampa. The food presentation is beautiful on elegantly set cafeteria tables with linen table cloths. Everybody appeared to be enjoying themselves while the meals are being served. The staff was extremely friendly. I have nothing but good things to say about this facility. They have cooking classes, exercise classes, and field trips. They have a van to take them grocery shopping and to their doctors’ appointments. They have a geriologist who comes to visit once a week, so the patients don’t have to leave, and a registered nurse on staff five days a week. They have LPNs who dispense the medications. They have a coffee bar area and access to computers. Plus, there are scheduled activities a couple of times a day. It was like being in a cruise ship. The apartments were really nice and clean. They have housekeeping who comes in once a week to change the linens for the residents, or there is a laundry facility on each floor so the residents can do their own laundry. The staff can also do the laundry for them if needed. They have a big function room where you can bring your family in for special events.

December 16, 2015

By Judith W.

Roseanne, the marketing representative of Brighton Gardens of Tampa, was absolutely fantastic. She walked me through several options; she made suggestions. She was extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with. I find the facility very clean, nicely laid out. They seem to be a lovable community. They have a studio and a one-bedroom apartment. Their menu seemed very diverse and accommodating for any resident. When I was there, there was a piano player which I think is lovely for the senior citizens. The major factor why I’m choosing my mom to stay in this facility is the fact that she doesn’t have to move to a different facility in case she needs the next level of care. The location is also convenient for us. Their rates are competitive, and I like the size of the one-bedroom apartment that we are getting for my mom.

June 15, 2015

Brighton Gardens was near to my family. The staff was fantastic, very friendly, and accommodating. The activities were abundant, and the rooms were very adequate. The food was good. I liked the personal attention to our questions and their process for managing the contact with each resident. The dining area was beautiful, and the grounds were very nice and very peaceful with a lot of greenery.

February 09, 2015

By Betty105804450

I played at Brighton Gardens of Tampa for two years, and it's a wonderful place. Everybody treats the patients very wonderfully. The food and everything is very nice, and they like to come and hear the music including their Alzheimer's patients. The rooms were nice, and they had their own TVs and furniture. They had a dining room there, and they had a lot of snacks and baked cookies. Everybody seemed happy and liked what they were having. They had bowling, poker, and singing.

December 30, 2014

By Rosemarie9

Brighton was terrible, and the food was terrible too, but the staff was nice, and they were helpful. It was more like a nursing home than a facility. There were people walking around in their pajamas and robes. I didn't like the place itself. They can make it look nicer, and I don't think it's necessary for people to walk around in their pajamas. That shouldn't be allowed. If they're a nursing home, fine. It just didn't compare to the others

Thank you for your review. Please know we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your dining and overall experience at Sunrise so that we can follow up. Please email us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com with more details. Thank you, Sunrise Team

December 28, 2014

I went to Brighton Gardens, and I liked it on the assisted living side. On the skilled nursing side, I think the rooms were a little too small. They separate the dementia patients and those that are just ill but don’t have dementia, and that’s a big deal. We walked on the assisted living side, and it looked very good. But when we walked over to the side where my stepmother would have been because of the level of illness she had, it wasn’t great. The room was very small, and we wouldn’t have been able to make it as homey.

July 21, 2014

By George88695550

I've been to Brighton Gardens. It looks very plush. It's really a very, very nice place, but there's no way I can afford it. It's somewhere in the neighborhood of $3500 a month. There are tablecloths on all the tables. There silverware there, and it's just very, very nice. I don't see a thing that's wrong with it. I met with 3 of their staff people and I was very impressed. They're very nice. They have a full activity menu. It has lots and lots of activities. I think it's homey. It would fit my needs easily.

January 31, 2014

By Jacklin

Brighton Gardens has nursing facility and assisted living all in the same place. My friend was there for rehab. He had a slight stroke and he had to go to rehab so the hospital suggested this place. Actually two years ago, he was there too when he had congestive heart failure. I like Brighton Gardens. I like the layout. It was a very nice facility. The rooms were great because they're bigger than a normal room. They're actually made for people who have wheelchairs. The staff was very good. They did therapy with him everyday. There were nurses there around the clock and they're on tops of things. They have a routine that they have to go through everyday. They even have a podiatrist that would come in every couple of weeks to fix their toenails or whatever. They put a little thing around my friends' ankle so that they would know if he leaves the building or whatever, which is good. I like that. But it wasn't like he was a prisoner there. For activities, they had ice cream social, they had something to do in the afternoon, etc. They had a big TV room for people that can't do anything. They would make sure that everybody gets up and moves them around. My friend was there mainly for the therapy but he got better everyday. The food was excellent. It was prepared fresh daily. The dining room was very nice and very well staffed. They actually have two dining room, one for the people who reside there and the people who are in the nursing area.

December 31, 2013

By Gene988

I'm currently staying in Brighton Gardens. It is a very wide, open and spacious complex. The staff is excellent. From day one, they knew my name. They're always available when you call them. They serve a very good variety of food. It is very good especially their soup.

July 23, 2012

By MyGrandMaLivesThere

The living facility in my opinion is not at all where I would recommend to take your family members. She constantly has bed sores and the only way to get them fixed and dressed is when we visit her and bring it to their attention.

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Please know we care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. Thank you, Sunrise Team

July 10, 2012

By tampaErAl

I had the pleasure of visiting Brighton Gardens on multiple occasions to visit my Aunt - and every visit was truly an experience to remember. The facilities are top-notch and seemed to have everything she could need in less than an arms-reach away from her. Her and I both especially loved the large dinning hall in the general area that holds card games and bingo every week with real prizes. On one of my visits, my Aunt and I had actually won one of the prizes - a gift card in a large amount to a local boutique - which was fantastic! With a few other residents in tow, her and myself went for a day on the town in downtown Tampa and truly had fun - she couldn't stop smiling, and I knew this was all because of Brighton Gardens! Brighton Gardens also had a fitness room and arts and crafts center, truly making it a mini-town to surround yourself in relaxation. The staff are beyond superb and are always either with a smile on their face or rushing to help a resident with their needs. Two staff members are assigned to every resident, Mr. Hannah and Ms. Jacobs were assigned to my aunt, and they were a pleasure to get to know and and extremely knowledgable in care-taking. All in all, I've enjoyed visiting Brighton Gardens to see my aunt, and, even better, my Aunt truly enjoys living at Brighton Gardens.

June 05, 2012

By Wendy2

Brighton Garden is one of the facilities I looked at when I was searching for an assisted living for my mom. It's a beautiful community. The layout of the facility is really wonderful. There are 2 elevators which is nice so people didn't have to walk down long hallways. The staff members I met were very dedicated and professional. The other appealing thing about Brighton Garden is that it has a full spectrum of services. They have memory care and they also have skilled nursing all in one campus. However, due to geographic location we decided for her not to go there. It's a bit far from where I'm at and I want to visit her often. Also she could not have an apartment there. She can only have a studio because there's no available unit near the wellness center at that time. It didn't have an apartment in a location where I feel comfortable with her being at because I'm concerned about her falling. Plus she really really wanted an apartment.

April 04, 2012

This was the last place my Grandmother was at before she passed. We visited her a few times in the last two years she was there. I had a overall moderate experience. The inside quarters seemed to be very clean and organized. The restaurant and staff seemed friendly and approachable for the most part. Lastly there seemed to be a lot of activities for the residents to partake in and a good deal of sitting chairs to relax in. Thank you for helping her in her last few years...

March 15, 2012

By ABKID

Brighton Gardens was fantastic, My mother was taken here after a recent surgery and the experience is nothing short of incredible. The facility is very large and has a very plantation type feel to it which makes it very warm and comfortable. The Dining hall was huge and my mother commented on how the food was very good, with good sized portions. The gym was fully equipped and was great for my mothers physical therapy sessions. My mother loved the arts and crafts corner, she was able to go there every day and work on many scrapbook projects. My mother room was very large and comfortable, she had her own bathroom and two nurses to help her, she had a queen sized bed and a flat screen TV with many channels. The staff was friendly and had a very good attitude which is great to see in this type of environment. Overall the experience was great and look forward to using this facility in the future if needed and would recommend this facility to anyone who has a loved one in need of assistance. My mother was very happy with her stay and actually was sad to go, since she had the best time and met many new friends. Great assisted living

January 18, 2012

By tampabayCNA

Brighton Gardens is easily accessible as it sits off of a main road in Tampa Fl. Close to a plethora of stores and shopping centers, this ALF is truly in the heart of the city. Once you arrive at Brighton you notice how apparent it is that upkeep is important to this ALF. There is not a tree out of line. The decor within the building all matches and it is remarkable. Staff is everywhere working diligently. They were all helpful and friendly. The apartments are spacious and easy to access. The lighting is adequate throughout the building

August 29, 2011

By anonymousll

Our grandfather is a full time resident of the Brighton Gardens assisted living facility in Tampa, Florida. Having visited this senior center on a number of occasions I would like to tell you about my experiences. The biggest concerns were to make sure that my grandfather was taking his scheduled medications and checking his blood sugar four times each day. Now there is someone that always helps with these tasks and they make sure we know if there are any problems. A nurse also comes by once each month to conduct a basic wellness examination which is an appreciated bonus. The people who work here make have the knack of making everyone feel at home, and I have never once been made to feel unwelcome. They even offer refreshments and ask if there is anything that I need. When I tell them who I am going to visit I can count on getting an update before I have a chance to even ask. This makes me feel that these people really take the time to get to know the community residents on a personal level. One of my grandfather's favorite activities is exercise, and ever since he has been at Brighton Gardens he has been able to indulge in classes that range from yoga to weight training. I am so happy that the staff is so passionate about fitness and health. These classes have helped my grandfather improve his mobility and even his blood pressure has gotten better as a result of regular workouts.

Nursing Home Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Tampa

Photos of Brighton Gardens of Tampa

Services and Amenities of Brighton Gardens of Tampa

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

About Brighton Gardens of Tampa

Located only minutes from local hospitals and one mile south of Van Dyke Road on Dale Mabry Highway, Brighton Gardens of Tampa in Florida is nestled just south of the farmlands of Pasco County. We pride ourselves in our continuity of care provided by experienced professionals in a multi-level setting. At Brighton Gardens of Tampa, seniors and their families can truly experience the Sunrise Difference.

Services & Amenities at Brighton Gardens of Tampa

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Map of Brighton Gardens of Tampa