FREEDOM PLAZA

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

1010 American Eagle Blvd., Sun City Center, FL 33573
FREEDOM PLAZA (800) 385-2527

Reviews of FREEDOM PLAZA

Independent Living Reviews for FREEDOM PLAZA

Nursing Home Reviews for FREEDOM PLAZA

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for FREEDOM PLAZA

October 13, 2016

By Sharon730716

We looked at Freedom Plaza, which we were very impressed with. They were very nice. They had very nice apartments, but then again, I had some concerns about how well I could get around in the apartment because I have a power chair, and I think it would be too big, and I couldn’t get in and out of the bathroom easily. They were modifications they would be willing to do, but that was going to be costly. Also, it had carpeting in the bedroom and the living room, which I can’t have because I have allergies. It was a nice apartment, and it was on the first floor with a little patio, but unfortunately, somebody else bought it already. Their food and their dining room were outstanding. Their food was really good. They got a very big buy-in there.

June 10, 2016

By Helen231420

My brother-in-law has been in Freedom Plaza at Sun City Center for 20 years now. It's very comparable to others, and they have more dining options, which we really like. It has just about everything we would want.

May 10, 2016

By BertPRAXJ

Freedom Plaza was nice. I saw a bunch of rooms, their dining room, and the facilities. I stayed in the rehab section about a year or so ago. I remember the small dining room, which was part of the rehab center, and it was very nice, friendly, and offered a good variety of food.

November 15, 2015

By Judith45

The one place we were really interested in was Freedom Plaza. It was very nice. There was an apartment there that we were interested in with a room that was much bigger than what we expected. Everything was new and had the latest appliances. It was really nice. We ate there, and it was wonderful. It was more than one building. I liked that they offered transportation to take you to the doctor. They had a bus service that went all over the place. I really liked the place. They even had nursing home. They had whatever you needed.

October 27, 2015

By Caring114201050

We visited Freedom Plaza. The staff was over-friendly and over-accommodating. The rooms were about average with the others. The food was what you would expect; I didn't think it was exceptional. What I didn't like about Freedom Plaza is that when something happens to you, you lose everything. Oh, they would take care of you, but they send you down to the different buildings. There isn't much activities whatsoever.

June 30, 2015

I really like Freedom Plaza the best because it had a golf course and a nice campus and I really appreciated that. It wasn’t very impressive as a community. The campus appreared to be more like an army base than a retirement community. The people were very pleasant and very nice, it 's just the community itself that I didn’t care. We had one meal there and it was very nice and we were with our hostess.

December 22, 2014

My parents are in Freedom Plaza Sun City Center. The have different sizes of rooms. The place is quite beautiful, clean, modern, and very pleasant. They have many activities. The food is very accommodating to any particular diet. It is served beautifully. I had lunch with them, and it is very good. To be honest, I think they could use more staff. The staff seems to be on the light side. However, they are very pleasant, very hardworking, and they do what they can. They have supervisors and nurses on duty 24 hours a day. You can call them anytime, and they are very accommodating.

May 30, 2014

Freedom Plaza have basically the same kinds of programs as normal. Its physical location is that nice. But to be fair, I don't know if it's old or not. It wasn't very physically attractive. As we were talking to the people who work there, we were told that about 20 to 25 percent of their population are retired military. I certainly have no problem with that. I respect and honor them, but I wouldn't fit in. That became a factor. They were very honest with us. It didn't fit what we wanted, but in terms of the place itself, it's very nice. I didn't see anything that was not pleasing.

May 12, 2014

By Caring84202950

The rooms are very nice at Freedom Plaza. We like that when we go in, there is a center atrium where they have little conversation areas with comfy couches and a piano. It looks like a great place for people to come together. The staff is very fine and nice. They are young and great people. I like the friendliness of everybody. I think they need to improve on their landscaping and trees. Another thing in the community, I think they need more nice restaurants. The food there was very good. We will be moving there in June.

January 31, 2014

By Barbara35687050

We love it here! We moved here in Freedom Plaza 5 years ago. It's the best thing we've ever did. We looked at 6 different places in Tampa Bay area. This was the only one that's a CCRC that would take care of us even when we ran out of money. We buy in and we get to stay here. We chose this place too also because of the medical help that we have here. We have OT and PT in the building. We have so many amenities to help keep us live independently. Because we already live here, if we have to go to rehab or assisted living, it would be much cheaper for us. If we came in off the street and live in the nursing home here, it would be $9000 a month. We have a friend and his wife has Parkinsons, she's been in assisted living for 4 years and it only cost them $1800 a month because he already lived here. What I like is the therapy is just right here in the building. We don't have to get in the car and go somewhere. It's just all right here. We have an indoor pool, fit and bounce training and yoga. There's just so much to keep us healthy here. We 6 different beautiful dining rooms. We don't have to go in one big dining room and feel like we're in an institution. It's like fine dining out every night with linen table cloth and napkins. It's just very nice.

December 26, 2013

By Richard42

We're moving into Freedom Plaza. I like this community. They have good food and the chef was very good. They have five different dining rooms so there's more than enough room for everybody. They have everything right there. I can walk out my door and play golf, I can go swim in their swimming pool, I can play tennis, etc. The staff was fantastic! They're very friendly and warm. They did a great job.

August 15, 2013

By Caring RO

Freedom Plaza is wonderful. I like it very much. We did see the different levels of care they have there and it felt like we would be comfortable aging in that facility because the higher levels of care are equally as attractive as their independent living. Their apartments have a sort of condo-feel to them. They have several different but lovely floor plans and they all included a garage. The management is accommodating with structuring and decorating the rooms with upgrades that their present residents want. We did have lunch there and the food was very good. This is probably our favorite one that we have looked at in the area.

June 27, 2013

By Frank12

Freedom Plaza was nice and I was really impressed. The location is great and the room sizes are about thirty percent bigger, but actually cheaper than the other facility up here and both facilities are run by the same people. I liked the size of the rooms, the closeness to everything, and they literally take you to any place you want to go. That was fantastic. You really feel important down there.

February 22, 2013

By caring10051

Freedom Plaza is an expensive place. We have friends living there. It's like a high-class hotel, it's very well-kept, and the food is quite good.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (18) See fewer reviews

• Tennis Courts

• Home Sale Assistance

• Continuing Care Retirement Community Starting At: $90000/month

• About FREEDOM PLAZA

Freedom Plaza means comfort and peace of mind for you and your loved ones. Freedom Plaza is located on a 140-acre nature preserve with more than 15-floor plans and amenities galore with the safety net of Guaranteed Life-Care. Activities on and off the Freedom Plaza campus provide an active lifestyle for the senior who seeks quality living.

Freedom Plaza offers studios, one and two bedroom homes with floor plans ranging from 496 square feet to 1,800 square feet. There are 15 floor plans to choose from. From our hiking trail to our 18 hole golf course we have it all.

Map of FREEDOM PLAZA