Desoto Beach Club

Offers Independent Living

5201 Desoto Rd, Sarasota, FL 34235
Desoto Beach Club (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 2 days

2 year rent freeze when you sign and move in by November 30th!

Reviews of Desoto Beach Club

Independent Living Reviews for Desoto Beach Club

September 27, 2019

By Mary Ellen Moon

I think the food is very good. I have a large studio apartment that is just what I need to have. Recently upgraded with new carpet, paint and flooring. We have a swimming pool, chapel and private dining Room for private parties. We at the Desoto beach club are receiving a very nice quality of life, happy, good friends, feeling of having a well balanced life at this time in our lives. We are blessed to have a director of activities that is on the ball and has something of interest for everyone; if you participate you can be active most days for 1, 2 or 3 afternoons a week. I choose not to live alone. I love people, the management are always willing to help you with your needs.

September 27, 2019

By Mahoney

Our Room has plenty of light and space, we like it very much. Pamela is outstanding at scheduling and leading activities. Pamela does an outstanding job keeping us aware and she gives her all and clearly enjoys her job. Todd and Jose have been very helpful to me and they are very concerned and knowledgeable managers. We play volleyball, music, various lectures and musicians who entertain us. I use the swimming pool daily, I use the TV for my Spanish and art appreciation classes. I like the snacks available 24 hours, but best of all I like my fellow residents, I am very fond of many of the friends I have made here. There are many interesting residents with a wide variety of experience. Pamela the activities director also does an outstanding job keeping schedules alive and clear.

September 15, 2019

By Mary Buckley

Some of our residents here at Desoto Beach Club use canes/walkers/wheelchairs/scooters which help in their ability to participate in the many activities provided by our community. There is not enough time in the day to do all that is provided...field trips, exercise, pool, watercolor classes, book club, cards games, music programs etc. Our staff set the standard for a loving and caring community. This is our home and I love it here. Mary Buckley

September 14, 2019

By vaskey

Desoto Beach Club: I have resided here since 4/18. I have a one bedroom apartment looking out on a wooded area which I love considering I am a country gal. Am enjoying my life here as it is a friendly, congenial and active facility. The staff is friendly, helpful and always ready and willing to help in any way. And believe me with people my age there are plenty of ways and things that they help with. Plenty of activities on campus and also trips to places that the residents have suggested. Yes, there are walkers and wheel chairs but these people are more "active" than those of us who do not need them "yet". Beautiful swimming pool that I use about 4 days a week. Have many special events such as "Casino, Havana and International Food" events just to name a few. A great place to call home with its rich family environment.

August 24, 2019

By Joice

Desoto Beach Club is a very friendly place, and my friend felt at home there. It's been excellent so far. The staff is wonderful, and she said the food is excellent. The room could be a little bigger. They're very involved in putting on fun activities for the residents. Pricing is very reasonable, but they told me they're going to raise the rent every year, which I'm not happy about.

March 12, 2019

By William

I like the Desoto Beach Club very much. The managers and the people working here are fantastic. I swim every morning and the food is great. I get the feeling we're eating all the time. It would be wonderful if dinner was at 7:00 at night instead of 5:00. You eat at 8:00, 12:30 and 5:00, and it's pretty close together. I like the room and the terrace. We have a nurse here, but they also have trips to doctors and things like that. The staff is very lovely. Their activities are rather limited. They have bingo and exercise. The price is quite reasonable.

September 11, 2018

By IR

Desoto Beach Club is a well-kept-up place and has good amenities. What my mom really liked about it was the screened-in pool. It's well-designed and the management is great. The food was good. They have different-sized rooms. They have a small exercise room with a few bikes.

July 06, 2018

By Joan

We visited Desoto Beach Club, and it was very nice, but not for me. They serve three meals, the apartments were very nice, very clean, and the people were very elderly.

May 10, 2018

By Beth

I like Desoto Beach Club. The place was very pleasant, and the rooms were adequate. Their menu was good. They had a variety of food and there were choices too. If you miss your meals, there's always something you can snack on. They have a pool to swim in, but it is out in the sun, and there isn't any shade over it. However, there seemed to be a lot of activities.

November 27, 2017

By joyceturel

Modest but acceptable, I guess. I don't want to live there, but I guess I could live there if I have to. Location is the best part about it.

November 03, 2017

By Connie

Desoto Beach Club has quite a few different-sized apartments, some of which are oddly shaped but very adequate. The staff is very helpful. The place is very easy to find and convenient. The grounds are beautiful, with a lot of shade trees. They have bus trips every day to stores. The menus look very good, and the place is very clean.

May 03, 2017

By Jill222801

I toured Desoto Beach. The gentleman who took us through was very helpful and answered a lot of questions. You could tell he enjoys what he does. I liked that they had a balcony. I saw a lot of residents who all looked very happy and enjoying themselves. It was a very comfortable atmosphere. The dining area was very nice.

December 03, 2016

By Blue861542

We thought Desoto Beach Club was good. It was the community that we liked the best. The rooms were adequate and suitable to our needs. They had various activities like card games or groups that enjoy puzzles or senior activities, but we found that the price was a little more expensive than we thought.

November 20, 2016

By James741075

Desoto Beach Club was just farther away from us, but they have a lot of amenities. The rooms were nice, neat, and clean. Everybody seems happy. The staff was very helpful, nice, and knowledgeable.

November 06, 2016

By Linda711541

I was at Desoto Beach Club 2 months ago. It was a terrific place, I liked it, and I liked that it’s part of the Holiday system. I can travel to different Holiday Clubs in the area. The rooms are nice, the washer and dryer are on each floor, and they’ve got transportation. They provided 3 meals a day, I had a meal when I was there, and it was very good.

November 06, 2016

By Alice112237

I loved Desoto; it was wonderful. The food was the best, and they had a gourmet chef. They had activities, but that is not my concern. The price is similar to the others I’ve seen.

September 11, 2016

By Dorothy185026

Desoto Beach Club was beautiful, the help was very nice, and you had your own apartment there. The amenities were quite nice.

February 26, 2016

By Happy visitor49

I went to Desoto Beach Club, and actually signed up there for six months. It’s a clean facility. I went there with my family. We ate there, and they have good food, good security, and safety programs. Their independent-living situation was just fine with me. The staff was all friendly, and very accommodating.

January 13, 2016

By Happy Visitor13

Desoto Beach Club was a gorgeous place with wonderful amenities and excellent food. The people were extremely nice to me.

November 29, 2015

My mom liked Desoto Beach Club. I thought it was very clean. They've remodeled, and my mother liked the floors. I liked the apartment and the convenience of the walkway around from the back to the front and its little porch. I thought it was nice.

November 11, 2015

Desoto Beach Club was absolutely gorgeous. It was warm and fuzzy feeling with top-notch food and phenomenal staff. They were so warm and inviting, cordial, and delightful. The apartments were spectacular, and the grounds were gorgeous.

October 23, 2015

By Polly3

Desoto was very nice. It was very clean, the people were really nice, and I think it was one of the best places I’ve seen. The food was good, the rooms were fantastic and updated, and it was really homey.

September 30, 2015

By Karen113553850

We visited Desoto Beach Club for my parents. They have been really nice as far as the product. It was very clean and very nice. The personnel that I did meet seemed very nice. They do bus trips, paintings, art classes, and all kinds of exercise. They have a card room. They have all these social activities.

September 15, 2015

We found Desoto Beach Club for my mother. It is only nine years old, so it is very modern and clean. The studio apartment is really big. It has a full size refrigerator and sink, so it is really a good deal. Their apartments are spacious, modern, and nice. I absolutely recommend this facility to others. The staff is very nice. They're very accommodating and helpful. They're nice people.

August 08, 2015

The rooms at Desoto Beach Club were nice. They range from studio to two-bedrooms. They have garages for cars. The place was clean, caring, and convenient.

June 20, 2015

We visited Desoto Beach Club, and it was very nice and was nicely kept up. It's extremely clean. It was beautiful. The size of the one bedroom apartment looked appropriate for mom, but it was expensive. She would be able to have her cat which is important for her. Everything we saw was good. It was very positive; it's just the cost that we are talking about.

March 10, 2015

My friend moved in to the Desoto Beach Club. It is very good. It is a nice, clean, and comfortable place. They had a lot of amenities. They invited us to lunch, and they had good food. The apartment is very nice, clean, and modern. It is in a convenient location. Everybody was very helpful and friendly. It is in a great location, and it is right by a brand new mall in Sarasota which is the most beautiful city in the country. It is a very nice place.

March 02, 2015

My mom likes it at Desoto Beach Club. My mom is now 10 minutes away from me instead of 2 hours. It was very nice inside, and I thought the staff was very friendly. She’s not too happy with the food, but she loves her room, and she really was fortunate that she got a room that had a corner. It has a nice living room, too. It has a little bit of shape to it and just enough space for her.

October 27, 2014

By George96357450

Desoto Beach Club was the first facility that we went to, and it was a good visit. We were able to eat there and the food is very good. It's less than 10 years old and it is right in the growing area, and we really like the facility. The rooms are very good, and this would be one of the facilities chosen if we decided to be in one.

March 27, 2014

By Carolyn37

Desoto Beach Club is absolutely a beautiful facility. It's a very lavish-looking place. I don?t think they take care of the staff there well because there is a high turnover rate, but the staff are very good to the residents. With the activities, they do have bingo, and I think they have a TV night in the lobby. But what I didn?t like is that food. We went over for Thanksgiving, and it was instant mashed potatoes and pressed turkey.

Hi Carolyn37, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Thank you as well for your kind words around the aesthetics of our buildings and the helpfulness of of our staff. We strive to provide excellent service and nutrition to our customers, and regret that your last meal with us did not meet expectations. We've made several improvements to our food program in the years it's been since your review, and we'd love to invite you to join us for a meal to see! Thanks again for your review and kind words about our staff and community!

February 13, 2014

By russ 45

I had the opportunity to visit Desoto Beach Club. Over the years I have visited assisted living facilities, first for my mother, and then for friends. I never saw a better assisted residence as nice as Desoto Beach Club. My reception there as an interested client was impressive. After receiving an interview and an explanation of the services provided there, I was given a tour so that I could see for myself this modern, well kept facility. I was given the opportunity to see for myself the various options for apartments. Again, I was impressed. After the tour my host and I returned to the office where my host sought a commitment from me. Since I will have much to do to make the transition from my present condo living to the assisted living, I had to defer a decision. They are willing to accommodate me while I do that. However, that didn't sound too appealing. In the meantime I had a very fine lunch there and sat with three residents, The atmosphere there I found somewhat discouraging. At my condo we have a very social and engaging group of residents. The atmosphere there was very dreary. Although I am 86, I am very active socially. ( I maybe old, but I ain't cold). Therefore, at this time I am holding off making a move. When the right time to move comes, there is no doubt I will choose Desoto lakes Club. I also had a nice visit at Horizon Bay. Their facilities are not as nice as Desoto Beach Club. I don't particularly like their location. However, I thought their apartments were better than Desoto.My reception there and the tour was very nice and friendly like Desoto.

September 26, 2012

By floridagirl1

People who live there really love it- they are happy because they have their own apartments and simply have meal times together. They have an exercise room, a billiard table, a large dining room with various meal choices, and the staff is extremely friendly. The director is wonderful and works with families to make them feel sure that their loved one is being taken special care of. Apartments are very nice- include sink, fridge, bathroom, bedroom, and sometimes a screened-in balcony. My grandfather loves it here! Wonderful place. Would definitely recommend.

Hi there, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience at Desoto Beach Club! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We hope to see you again soon!

Costs for Desoto Beach Club

Photos of Desoto Beach Club

Services and Amenities of Desoto Beach Club

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Desoto Beach Club

Desoto Beach Club is located in Sarasota, FL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Desoto Beach Club for a visit...and stay!

Map of Desoto Beach Club