Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care

Reviews of Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care

Assisted Living Reviews for Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care

November 01, 2019

By DEL

Food: Very good however it is served institution style not restaurant style. There is inconsistency between the same dish time to time. And the menu doesn't describe the dish correctly. Staff: Very good but doesn't get the support and training it could have if part of a larger corp. Facilities: Very good, except it lacks a large meeting room. Value: Average since it probably has the highest prices in town. Activities: Average but was excellent until it changed Directors.

Thank you for your comments, we always take opinions to heart.

September 09, 2019

By DonnaGar

Aravilla is a friendly and helpful place to both the residents and their families. The staff goes out of their way to assist in so many ways. I stopped in, without an appointment, and was totally impressed as was my mother when she toured. The residents appear happy and well feed! The food is excellent and the dining areas are comfortable and attractive. I recommend you take a tour and see for yourself. I also appreciated the easy to understand terms and costs of securing a unit. My mother enjoys her unit and has an independent social life with all the activities that are offered.

July 21, 2019

By Lisa800

The sales team was aloof, and their interest in our family completely eroded once we told them my mom had received a diagnosis of dementia. Although we'd visited the community not once, but twice, no one ever had the decency to return our calls once it became clear my mom wouldn't qualify for assisted living. And while the latter space is quite nice, memory care is grim and depressing. Overall a seriously disappointing experience.

Lisa, We are very surprised by your experience and apologize you felt disappointed. Our sales people focus on people and to understand each person's needs rather than "sell" or merely increase census. It doesn't appear we were successful when working with you and appreciate you taking the time to let us know your impression. As far as memory care being grim and depressing. Many of the families we work with each day are surprised how lovely the home-like atmosphere, the joy in the residents faces and the overall caring of the staff. It is why we stay near or at 100% occupancy. If you are inclined you can contact me personally so I may research the specific tour and find out why no one has contacted you. That is not acceptable even if our community was not a good fit for mom. Thank you again for letting us know and I sincerely apologize. Patty McDonald

Memory Care Reviews for Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care

October 31, 2016

By Aileen474241

I am very happy with this community other than I am having to move . The staff is great with her, the food is good, and they have a lot of activities. It’s a secure and clean facility.

Thank you for the review! Best wishes in your future home.

October 24, 2016

By Nancy662538

I found this community for my husband. I was very happy he stayed there for a week when I was gone. He had caring individuals and daily music experiences, and they were open to visitors. It was a very good experience for everybody. He was in a safe, caring place, and he was never bored.

Thank you! It was a pleasure having your husband stay with us.

October 18, 2016

By Douglas024216

During my quick tour, the place seemed very clean and nice. The sales person I talked to seemed nice.

January 31, 2016

By Cindy117776550

It is a beautiful facility, there’s a lot of caring people, and our first impressions were very good. They’ve been wonderful. We toured a lot of facilities and of all these facilities, this one was we’ve heard a lot good things. The administration was extremely attentive and very visible. They have activities everywhere -- they take them out to lunch, they take them out on mystery bus tours. They have a lot of activities.

January 29, 2016

By Barbara119725250

The community was new and everything was beautiful. They had a nice setup with the hallways, but it did not seem suitable for my mother-in-law. I didn’t think the grounds would have been as nice as for her to get out. It was very small, and kind of limited. If she would be on the second floor, she would be confined. The ceilings of the rooms were very high, they had fans going, but most elderly people do not like ceiling fans.

Thank you for your review Barbara. In our community the hallways are spacious and have many comfortable seating areas along the way to sit and relax in, with welcoming porches that lead into just a small portion of their living area . Being on the second floor is a preference for some of our residents that have come from living in apartments and condos. Our residents can go freely throughout the community and can also enjoy the court yard area and several lovely patio areas, as the entire living area is safe and secure. We have also an expanded outdoor area where our residents can watch the swans from the gazebo. Our ceilings are higher so our residents don’t feel closed in which often occurs with dementia. The ceiling fans in the rooms are mainly for circulation and your right most of the time our residents turn them off and adjust the temperature in their room to a personal comfortable setting.

November 07, 2015

By anonymous115714850

It is a big facility, brand new, and the rooms are very large and spacious. It was nicely decorated and had more the feeling of a hotel than a care facility. It was very cheerful inside. It had two floors, and the outdoor space was limited.

Thanks you for your kind words. We have just added swans to the pond area, offering an expanded outdoor area for our residents.

October 28, 2015

By Sanford M.

My wife is already in the community. It was recommended by a friend of mine. What they primarily have is memory care; most residents are memory care clients. They have two stories, and it is beautifully decorated. There is a therapy group right there at the center, plus they have a beauty shop and a nurses’ station. It is kept clean, and they wash their clothes. It is a little expensive, I think, but it was the finest one I could find; of all those that I looked at, I thought it was the cleanest. They provided the bed, and I provided the TV and a few other things. They have a walkway that goes around in a circle where the clients can walk around what they call the Yellow Brick Road; it’s very nice. And they also have a center atrium with plants in the middle where you can walk out and still be in a controlled environment, which is very beautiful. In addition to therapy, they have activities or exercises, and I think that at least twice a day, they have something going on for all of the clients. My wife doesn’t participate in most of them; she just wants to sit and read, and she is really hard to get to do things, but she does walk the Yellow Brick Road. In my judgment, the staff is very good people, and they seem very conscientious about what they are doing. I ate there once, and I think they are very good. They have assigned seats -- four to a table -- and the same people sit at the table every day. My wife gets out of the room to the table and is served. The big meal is the lunch meal, which I feel is inappropriate, but they get to select some different things. For the most part, I think it is very tasty. They also have snacks available.

Thank you so much for your kind & thoughtful review. We make the main meal lunch at Autumn because it is healthier for our residents. However, if you feel the portions are too large for your wife, we will be more than happy to give her portions sizes that are best for her, just talk to Carol or our nurse on duty. Thanks again!

September 01, 2015

By Caring112084550

It was for higher needs. There weren't a whole lot of people there that were able to interact independently. The food was good, they had several dining rooms, and it was a nice eating experience. They had music for people who like that, and they had live music come in. They have all kinds of activities, but my father didn't take part. The rooms had private bathrooms, and some of them had little porches. It was safe, clean, and pretty well tended to. However, it had a difficult system for getting into the rooms, and for memory challenged people, it's kind of difficult. He wasn't very well attended there because he didn't need a whole lot of assistance. They didn't make sure that he changed his clothes when he should have.

July 13, 2015

By Colleen18

It is a brand new facility, and it is privately owned. It is the nicest facility that we have been to. The people are wonderful to work with, and it has indoor and outdoor space. It is just a very high quality place. It is absolutely secure and safe. The cooking facility is just amazing; they have a chef that is working there. According to my mother, the food is amazing.
See all Memory Care reviews (13) See fewer reviews

Questions about Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

We have ongoing training for our staff, and we train in excess of requirements by the State of Florida.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age would be 81. The favorite things to do at Aravilla would be daily live music and dancing with friends

What programs or activities does Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Daily live music in both memory care and independent - assisted living. We go off campus 10 or more times a month. There are games with friends and a full bar at the independent-assisted living.

What places are near Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have a walking group that goes to nearby areas of beauty.

What transportation services does Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to assisted living residents?

We have a bus with a wheelchair lift, and a Tesla for quick runs around town to doctors and grocery.

What makes the chef or dining program at Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have professionally trained chefs who handcraft three outstanding meals a day using only the freshest ingredients. Our Mediterranean-inspired menu minimizes salt for optimum heart and brain function, yet if you prefer, American staples and down-home comfort favorites are also available. Our chefs are always standing by to accommodate special requests and dietary requirements, prepare gluten-free meal choices and more.

What safety features or security measures does Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to assisted living residents?

There are call buttons and wrist bands with location assist for on campus.

How does Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Through Facebook, monthly calendars and coming to visit often.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care during daytime and nighttime hours?

Aravilla Sarasota Independent Assisted Living Community has many independent residents therefore publishing a care ratio per resident is not a relevant number. However, our average ratio is 8:1 based on residents that need care.

If Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes and there are areas all around to enjoy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff receives all training required by the state and then some additional. Much of our staff is over-trained and ready to assist if needed in various roles.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our average ratio is 8:1 residents to caregivers. Numbers are based on need and can change daily.

What safety features or security measures does Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care provide to protect residents who wander?

Our memory care community is secure and residents have a beautiful courtyard to wander in if they want to be outdoors. In independent- assisted living, residents are free to come and go as long as they sign in and out.

What programs or activities does Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our programs on a daily basis will provide stimulation and physical activity. Some of the highlights are daily exercise, weekly lunch outings, daily live music, 3x per week ballroom dancing, art classes, trivia and much, much more.

A Resident Health Assessment form from the doctor is required before move in. The Executive Director’s assessment is also used.

What techniques does Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We provide assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). Prior to each meal, residents are provided with warm hand towels scented with lavender oil to enhance appetite. We offer a large menu of freshly prepared meals based on the Mediterranean diet. We accommodate all special dietary needs and requests and offer traditional staples and down-home comfort as well.

How does Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We have 24/7 on site nursing staff and communication is quickly handled with the families. Our residents’ family members are very involved and welcome to visit 24 hours a day. We strive to know and develop our relationships beyond the resident living here.

Describe the neighborhood around Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Aravilla Memory Care is tucked away on a side street behind our larger Independent - Assisted Living community that is facing Proctor Road. The area is mixed residential with neighboring Temple Sinai and SCTI.

Is Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Most of our residents’ doctors are affiliated with Sarasota Memorial Hospital which is our closest hospital and is only 4 miles away.

Costs for Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care

Photos of Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care

Services and Amenities of Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Dining Extra: Chef Prepared Dining For Every Taste And Dietary Requirement, Accommodate Special Dietary Requirements And Requests Including American Staples And Down Home Comfort Favorites, Dining Options Include Gluten Free Options, Traditional American Fare, Le Cordon Bleu Trained Chefs With Mediterranean Diet Inspired Menus

• Pool

• Financial Aid

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

• Licenses: 12551
  • State Licenses: AL12551

About Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care

Aravilla Sarasota is for seniors who want the freedom to live their lives as they wish, embracing health and pursuing their own versions of happiness each day. We create beautiful, safe, resort-like communities that feel like vacation destinations, and we treat our residents like special guests. More importantly, we care for them like family.

Unlike many other communities, Aravilla Sarasota is privately and locally owned, not part of a large, impersonal corporation. Our administrative management lives on site. That means our quality of care is personal and we follow our own evidence-based protocols that immediately meet the needs of the people who live here.

Live Life to the Fullest

Aravilla communities encourage residents to embrace their passions and explore new possibilities with an array of exciting and engaging programs. Our schedule is bursting with opportunities for cultural enrichment and personal growth. Residents enjoy daily live music. They can also take a spin around the floor with a Fred Astaire-style dance lesson, stay fit in a group exercise class, or go on one of our many excursions to local beaches, restaurants, sporting events, attractions and more. To wind down, our residents can relax with a book and refreshing beverage while enjoying the view of our beautiful courtyard garden.

Gourmet Dining with a Bounty of Options

Good food is the essence of good living. Aravilla’s team of Le Cordon Bleu-trained chefs handcrafts each meal using only the freshest and highest quality ingredients. Meals are served three times a day in a restaurant setting with beautiful table linens and place settings. With optimal health and happiness in mind, we’ve created a Mediterranean diet-inspired menu that’s designed to promote heart and brain health. Plenty of traditional staples are also available and our chefs can accommodate any personal preferences or dietary requirements, including gluten-free.

Aravilla Memory Care

Where Happiness Blooms

Aravilla Sarasota’s Memory Care community combines thoughtfully designed surroundings, stimulating activities and compassionate care, guided by the most recent breakthroughs in the understanding and treatment of Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia. Our resort-style community caters to your loved one’s unique lifestyle, while offering all the amenities and services he or she needs to stay healthy, happy and carefree. From the moment you step inside our vibrant community, you’ll feel a joyful atmosphere and see residents engaged with life and one another.

Custom Living Personalized to Your Loved Ones Needs

We know that moving to a new home can be overwhelming. That’s why we pair your loved one with a personal welcome concierge on the day of his or her arrival. This specially trained expert serves as a constant companion for three eight-hour days. Our goal is to spend time listening to your loved one so we can gain an understanding of who he or she is as a person, and identify specific needs and create a customized care plan. The personal welcome concierge will also guide your loved one through the community, make introductions to new neighbors and staff, and make sure your love one feels at home.

Elegant Accommodations

Each of our luxurious residences was designed with your loved ones needs, comfort and convenience in mind. The spacious studio, one-, and two-bedroom floor plans all offer an intuitive flow, modern amenities, and intelligent features like keyless entry systems, zero thresholds and under-bed lighting to maximize his or her safety, independence and quality of life.

Compassionate and Professional Care

Aravilla feels like a resort community, but care is still the centerpiece. We offer a customized memory care plan based on your loved one’s current needs. If those needs should ever change, we’ll quickly adjust to accommodate them. In addition to a 24-hour nursing staff, we will arrange customized, individual therapies, including physical, speech, and occupational therapy. We even provide educational support and resources for our residents’ families.

Aravilla Assisted Living

Have Fun. Feel Good. Live Well.

Aravilla Assisted Living is a vibrant community with a luxurious, care-free lifestyle inspired by the way today’s seniors want to live. Here, you can enjoy the freedom of independent living, but with personalized assistance and a variety of specialized services delivered precisely according to your needs and desires. Amidst a lush, tropical backdrop, you will discover new dimensions of health and happiness created by our resort-style environment and your own personal lifestyle preferences. Come see our thoughtful community design and comfortable, modern accommodations. Taste our healthy, chef-prepared cuisine and learn about our holistic approach to care—all of which make Aravilla an innovative new model for the future of senior living.

Do What You Love

At Aravilla Assisted Living, you never need to sacrifice the things you enjoy most in life. You may even discover new passions! We encourage you to embrace your individualism with an activities schedule bustling with possibilities, from live music and entertainment daily to group exercise, art, and myriad enrichment classes that spark continued personal growth.

When you simply prefer to relax and savor the comforts of home, Aravilla is a peaceful and beautiful place to do so. Enjoy a book and refreshing beverage in your favorite space. Take your dog for a stroll. Your independence extends to any number of our community activities, a variety of dining options, a multitude of floor plans and residence styles, and much more. You’ll even be inspired to host your family and friends for frequent visits and special get-togethers.

Compassionate and Professional Care

Living at Aravilla Assisted Living is so much fun it’s easy to forget that we are a licensed assisted living community. However, it’s comforting to know that you will see the same friendly staff members each day. If ever your care requirements should change, so too will the care we provide. We make it easy for you to get the extra care you may need, whether temporary or permanent. In addition to having a 24-hour nursing staff, we will arrange for customized, individual therapies, such as physical, speech and occupational therapy. You will have ready access to the finest care and resources—even family support and education.

Our state-of-the-art community was designed in cooperation with the USF Health Byrd Alzheimer’s Institute – a leader in dementia research and care. We are affiliated with the Alzheimer’s Association, who present caregivers support groups monthly. We will assist with the following: VA/Aid and Attendance, Estate Planning, Elder Law Attorney referrals, Public Benefits Specialist, Senior Moving Specialist with Downsizing & Estate Solutions.

Map of Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care