Bon Secours Place at St. Petersburg

Reviews of Bon Secours Place at St. Petersburg

Assisted Living Reviews for Bon Secours Place at St. Petersburg

December 22, 2011

By tampabayCNA

Tucked away in the unlikely of places, on the busy streets of St Pete is a Diamond in the rough called Bon Secours. Once you enter this large scale ALF, home to about 100 residents, you notice that it looks like you are in the lobby of a older hotel. A woman sits at a desk and monitors the traffic that comes in and out of the building. There were a couple of residents on the porch enjoying the great weather of Florida. I think that is a good sign, because to me that says they enjoy where they are. I did not see a dinning area, but the tray that I saw had a great presentation. In my opinion, the lighting could have been a little better as I felt as if the lobby seemed a little dark. The room that I saw seemed like a little apartment. It was equipped with a small kitchenette. The appliances were newer and up to date. I did not see one staff member besides the woman at the front desk and that kind of concerned me. In addition to that, I had a hard time finding a place to park.

November 29, 2011

By virtual reader

I noticed that there was ample parking and the outside was very well cared for and maintained. Inside the facility was very spacious and had a beautiful staircase. The resident rooms were one bedroom with private bath and kitchenette. The facility does offer three nutritious meals in a small dinning room. Each resident room has emergency call systems and small sitting area for visitation. The facility offers a licensed practical nurse and several nursing assistants to assist the residents with their personal care such as bathing, etc. The three things I did not care for were: 1. There was a strong odor which was displeasing to my nose. 2. Not enough staff for the amount of residents. 3. Resident rooms and sitting areas fairly small.

Services and Amenities of Bon Secours Place at St. Petersburg

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Spanish

• Pets: Small Pets

About Bon Secours Place at St. Petersburg

Bon Secours assisted living offers a fresh and unique approach to assisted living . . . the neighborhood concept . .. that features neighborhoods of 10-13 one and two bedroom suites, clustered around a country kitchen, cozy living room and intimate dining room . . . just like home.

Just like home, we encourage our residents to maintain their independence and will work with residents and their families to develop an Individualized Service Plan based on the resident?s individual needs whether it is assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, or medication management.

Or, you may not need assistance with activities of daily living yet, but are seeking all the comforts of a home like setting with caring staff, friendly neighbors, and services such as meals, housekeeping, and activities and social interaction all provided without the need to leave your home.

Map of Bon Secours Place at St. Petersburg