Wickshire Port Orange

Reviews of Wickshire Port Orange

Assisted Living Reviews for Wickshire Port Orange

January 17, 2016

By Perk

We chose this community for my father-in-law. The rooms are great. They don't really have many activities going on and only sometimes play music during the day. The staff is OK, but they change staff every time I go in there. I am also totally annoyed at the fact that they just change medications without consulting me.

September 30, 2015

They showed us model rooms and they're beautiful. Everybody was great. The residents seemed very happy.

September 15, 2015

The marketing director was lovely. She was knowledgeable about the assisted living business. You can tell she had been in it for years. She did a great job of showing me the facility. It was like living in a big hotel. It had 2 stories. I did not like it. It was way too big. It was overwhelming. The rooms were beautiful. There was not anything wrong with it. It was just not going to fit my mother's personality. She is a very reserved and quiet lady.

June 29, 2015

They toured me around and invited me to lunch. I did not eat there, but they gave me packets of information. It was a very nice facility. They had studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and shared apartments.

May 06, 2015

I like the location, but it was more nursing home in appearance. The food was horrible. They knew my dad was a diabetic, and his food choice for the vegetable was corn, and then they gave him potato, which was not appropriate. The rooms were much smaller and much more institutional.

May 01, 2015

I visited this community, and that's the one I was most impressed with. The staff were very pleasing, very knowledgeable, and caring people. They exemplified the care in what they do. It's very clean and homey, and the people were very attentive. It's modern, very pleasing, didn't smell, and the floors were clean.

June 25, 2014

By Caring87209050

I was very pleased. It was lovely. The people were all well dressed and well spoken. The apartments were very spacious. It was sort of a combination of bedroom, living room, bathroom, and kitchen.

April 22, 2014

The one thing that I liked about this community is the staff that I talked with. They seemed caring and seemed to find a way that they could personally get to know the resident before they went to live there. It seemed like there were things to do, and I was pleased with that.

March 29, 2014

This community was good. It was an equally positive experience as at the other facility we visited. The personnel were very helpful. The rooms were good and adequate, but they weren't as updated as I would prefer. This community offered clubs, crafts, and things like that in-house, which were good. There seemed to be a high participation rate. They also would take residents to different places. Our one objection for this community was that it did not have the highest level of care that we desired or needed at that time. We were looking for an assisted living, but we would like to know that there were competent medical personnel, etc. on duty. No real complaints. It is just, I was looking for a little bit higher level of care, that's all.

March 27, 2014

It was very welcoming, except for the lady who's behind the desk. The receptionist was a little grumpy. They could have somebody more friendly up front. But everybody else was really nice. It's a beautiful place. The rooms are wonderful. The dining room is really pretty and like a restaurant. I didn't taste the food, but the menu sounds really good. If you don't like something, they'll try to make you something else.

November 27, 2013

By Kathy73339350

Mom is here. I love it and she loves it. She has a nice large apartment. The staff is very friendly and everybody is super good. I have no complains. I am definitely recommending them to others. She already has a couple of her friends move there.

November 21, 2013

By Linda73163250

I was impressed with this community. Although I didn't like the lay out because they just had rooms, the staff seemed fine. I liked what I saw and how happy the people looked.

October 04, 2013

By Mary Anne4

The rooms were more of a studio type apartment, which was nicely done. Everyone was very nice to me during my visit.

September 24, 2013

By Alexa2

It was a very nice place. The facility is clean. It's close to places that she could go to with the bus like the grocery stores and also Walmart is just down the street.

September 19, 2013

It is really a nice facility. They're all very nice and clean. The staff is very cordial and very helpful. They took me on a nice tour. The rooms look beautiful. However, when I inquired, they have no availability at that time.

Memory Care Reviews for Wickshire Port Orange

Photos of Wickshire Port Orange

About Wickshire Port Orange

Wickshire Port Orange is a senior living provider in Port Orange, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care. Contact Wickshire Port Orange for more details on services and rates.

Map of Wickshire Port Orange