Grace Manor Port Orange

Grace Manor Port Orange (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Grace Manor Port Orange

Memory Care Reviews for Grace Manor Port Orange

May 01, 2015

I don't have positiveness about Grace Manor. I didn't like that place. The smell turned me off. It wasn't a comfortable atmosphere to me. The staff was mediocre. It's a nice, big place. I saw everybody sitting around the table with group activities. It was boring, it wasn't challenging, and it wasn't appealing to me. The staff had no enthusiasm.

August 17, 2014

By Virgil3

Employees of Grace Manor are congenial. The building itself is clean and painted. They serve good food as well. It is well placed on the plate. The serving time from start to finish takes too long though.

August 07, 2014

By Carol97110750

Grace Manor has become my dad's home away from home. As with any household, it takes a lot of work to keep everyone healthy in mind, body and spirit. I applaud the 110% effort put forth by all the directors and staff to keep this home a positive living experience for all.

December 26, 2013

I've moved my mother into Grace Manor three weeks ago. I like the fact that it's a newer building, it's clean, it seems to be orderly. The landscaping is very nice. The rooms are clean and painted. It's a private room with a private bath. I like the staff, they're very nice. They will call if anything goes wrong which is sometimes a little bit overwhelming because I think this is a somewhat negative thing. When they call, everything seems to be an emergency. They're not giving the family enough time to get certain things taken care of so it's too late which I don't really appreciate but I think we're working that out with them. The price was okay, it's not the most expensive but it's not the cheapest. You get what you pay for.

July 29, 2013

By Phyllis15

We visited Grace Manor and I like the place. The place is clean and very pretty. It was very nice and it is a locked down facility. The residents were not allowed to have phones in their room and I wouldn't put her in a place where she couldn't have her own phone. There are a lot of people in wheelchairs and walkers. The rooms were small. They had no kitchen and very little room for furniture. We had lunch there and it was okay, nothing special.

June 08, 2013

By Mikelle

My mom's got dementia, so she has no clue that she is in Grace. It's a really nice place and is extremely clean. They've got a very active activities program and they are very good with medication. She's had one emergency since she's been there, and they've taken care of it very well. The staff is very kind and on top of all that, they are just really nice people.
See all Memory Care reviews (14) See fewer reviews

Questions about Grace Manor Port Orange

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Training is always on going. There is a minimum requirement that we do adhere to but we continue Dementia, Alzheimer's, CPR, med tech classes, etc.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day there may be as many as 15. during the night there is usually at least 6.

What programs or activities does Grace Manor Port Orange offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our entire goal is to engage, include and keep our residents happy and thriving. We have a calendar of activities that go on and on. Pet therapy, music therapy, exercises, bingo, word search, dancing.........

Our VP of People Experience does the initial assessment, then it is done continually as we see changes in our residents.

What techniques does Grace Manor Port Orange use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We encourage people to do as much as they can, however, when they need assistance, we are here for them.

How does Grace Manor Port Orange keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We have continuing communication whenever there is any change in the residents cognitive, physical and medical condition.

Describe the neighborhood around Grace Manor Port Orange. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are on Herbert Street across the street from the park and Silver Sands Middle School. There is a large home community around us.

Is Grace Manor Port Orange affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are a residential community, just like at your home, if someone needs medical care, they are evac'd to Halifax Port Orange Hospital or Halifax Main in Daytona.

Costs for Grace Manor Port Orange

Photos of Grace Manor Port Orange

Services and Amenities of Grace Manor Port Orange

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Spanish

• State Licenses: 11955

About Grace Manor Port Orange

Welcome to Grace Manor Port Orange soon to be The Retreat at Port Orange

The Retreat at Port Orange offers premier assisted living and memory care with superior personalized care and a compassionate staff. Situated in Port Orange, FL, our state of the art facility offers luxury style accommodations with a comfortable, small-town feel. Phoenix Senior Living is a company built on love that spans generations, offers ideal senior living options for seniors and specialized services for those diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and various forms of dementia. Phoenix Senior Living, whose leadership collectively has been serving seniors for more than 30 years, believes that transitioning into your new home at The Retreat at Port Orange welcomes a new chapter in your life, where seniors can live as independently as they desire — a life where seniors live, love, learn.

At The Retreat at Port Orange, our residents are treated like family and their wellness matters to us. Therefore, we incorporate our wellness philosophy of Live, Love, Learn. In every aspect of daily living. We measure our seniors’ unique abilities and aptitude, while introducing them to new experiences, creating a spirit of achievement and emotional wellbeing. We offer individually tailored activities and purposeful interaction with just the right amount of assistance.

The Retreat at Port Orange specializes in caring for seniors who experience Alzheimer’s and the many forms of dementia. We understand the toll memory loss can take on loved ones. The Retreat at Port Orange can help manage the highs and lows of living with someone with Alzheimer’s or dementia. Our Memory Care Neighborhood is designed to mimic a comfortable home like setting. Pertinent memorabilia and furnishings are carefully designed to simulate a peaceful and familiar environment, coupled with active reminiscing daily. When living with memory loss, cultivating a successful day isn’t always easy. Our caregivers proceed with patience, compassion, and respect in all circumstances. Each day, The Retreat at Port Orange team enforces the philosophy that every senior can live a purposeful life – no matter his or her current state of mind.

Our objective at The Retreat at Port Orange is to provide specialized memory care services seven days a week to your loved one. Each day, our trained specialists work to develop individual skills and measure residents’ progress. We are staffed with Certified Dementia Practitioner's (CDPs) certified through the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners. The following additional accommodations are made for residents in the Memory Care Neighborhood:

• Medication management
  • Specialized dining options and table settings
  • Hydration program
  • Active and purposeful interactions
  • Family events and monthly support groups
  • Continence management

Our community encourages purposeful living, individually tailored to complement each resident’s unique interests, life experience, and abilities.

Map of Grace Manor Port Orange