Grace Manor Port Orange

Grace Manor Port Orange (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Grace Manor Port Orange

Memory Care Reviews for Grace Manor Port Orange

May 01, 2015

I don't have positiveness about Grace Manor. I didn't like that place. The smell turned me off. It wasn't a comfortable atmosphere to me. The staff was mediocre. It's a nice, big place. I saw everybody sitting around the table with group activities. It was boring, it wasn't challenging, and it wasn't appealing to me. The staff had no enthusiasm.

August 17, 2014

By Virgil3

Employees of Grace Manor are congenial. The building itself is clean and painted. They serve good food as well. It is well placed on the plate. The serving time from start to finish takes too long though.

August 07, 2014

By Carol97110750

Grace Manor has become my dad's home away from home. As with any household, it takes a lot of work to keep everyone healthy in mind, body and spirit. I applaud the 110% effort put forth by all the directors and staff to keep this home a positive living experience for all.

December 26, 2013

I've moved my mother into Grace Manor three weeks ago. I like the fact that it's a newer building, it's clean, it seems to be orderly. The landscaping is very nice. The rooms are clean and painted. It's a private room with a private bath. I like the staff, they're very nice. They will call if anything goes wrong which is sometimes a little bit overwhelming because I think this is a somewhat negative thing. When they call, everything seems to be an emergency. They're not giving the family enough time to get certain things taken care of so it's too late which I don't really appreciate but I think we're working that out with them. The price was okay, it's not the most expensive but it's not the cheapest. You get what you pay for.

July 29, 2013

By Phyllis15

We visited Grace Manor and I like the place. The place is clean and very pretty. It was very nice and it is a locked down facility. The residents were not allowed to have phones in their room and I wouldn't put her in a place where she couldn't have her own phone. There are a lot of people in wheelchairs and walkers. The rooms were small. They had no kitchen and very little room for furniture. We had lunch there and it was okay, nothing special.

June 08, 2013

By Mikelle

My mom's got dementia, so she has no clue that she is in Grace. It's a really nice place and is extremely clean. They've got a very active activities program and they are very good with medication. She's had one emergency since she's been there, and they've taken care of it very well. The staff is very kind and on top of all that, they are just really nice people.
See all Memory Care reviews (14) See fewer reviews

Questions about Grace Manor Port Orange

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Training is always on going. There is a minimum requirement that we do adhere to but we continue Dementia, Alzheimer's, CPR, med tech classes, etc.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day there may be as many as 15. during the night there is usually at least 6.

What programs or activities does Grace Manor Port Orange offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our entire goal is to engage, include and keep our residents happy and thriving. We have a calendar of activities that go on and on. Pet therapy, music therapy, exercises, bingo, word search, dancing.........

Our VP of People Experience does the initial assessment, then it is done continually as we see changes in our residents.

What techniques does Grace Manor Port Orange use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We encourage people to do as much as they can, however, when they need assistance, we are here for them.

How does Grace Manor Port Orange keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We have continuing communication whenever there is any change in the residents cognitive, physical and medical condition.

Describe the neighborhood around Grace Manor Port Orange. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are on Herbert Street across the street from the park and Silver Sands Middle School. There is a large home community around us.

Is Grace Manor Port Orange affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are a residential community, just like at your home, if someone needs medical care, they are evac'd to Halifax Port Orange Hospital or Halifax Main in Daytona.

Photos of Grace Manor Port Orange

Services and Amenities of Grace Manor Port Orange

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: Pending

About Grace Manor Port Orange

Welcome to Grace Manor Port Orange Assisted Living and Memory Care

Come To Live Here.

The idea of the traditional old age home has officially been retired (nobody missed it anyway). Grace Manor Port Orange, in the heart of Port Orange, just off Highway 421, is based on a better proposition: what if senior living wasn’t an end, but simply a new chapter of life, filled with exciting opportunities to keep growing, learning, and making new friends? The new friends come right away…they’re the Grace Manor team members. Each sees value in your Elder’s life (if they didn’t, well, they couldn’t work here). What’s your pleasure…relaxing in our outdoor courtyard, taking a walk on our scenic nature trail…or maybe shopping, taking a field trip, or meeting new friends for coffee? All in a bright and safe environment. Come visit us. Traditional senior living is over the hill and thanks goodness for that.

We have two living options under one roof.

Assisted Living is ideal for residents who value their independence but may need assistance with daily activities. Our community team members are raving fans of encouraging independence with assistance readily accessible at all times of day.

Memory Care is for our Elders who are living with some form of memory loss. Every member of the Grace Manor Port Orange team is NIDE (National Institute for Dementia Education) certified. That includes everyone from the chefs and housekeepers to the concierge and nurses. The education allows us to interact with our memory care residents as unique individuals rather than objects in need of care. Residents are engaged with the goal of helping them recapture moments of memories and the recognition of loved ones.

Our Purpose.

We…don’t…focus…on giving great care. That’s what everyone else says. The problem is that when you focus on great care it causes you to look at people as objects…in need of care. We really believe that the bar is way too low. We have built a community where Elders can come build worthwhile, meaningful relationships with our team and new friends. We have found that great care is always the by-product of a meaningful relationship.

At Thrive, we’ve dedicated our lives to ensure there is the purpose in every breath of each resident we’re honored to serve. We understand that Elders and their loved ones depend on us not only to live but to live well. It’s a challenge we welcome – every day.

Thank you for your interest at Grace Manor Port Orange. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Grace Manor Port Orange