University Pines

Offers Independent Living

8991 University Pkwy, Pensacola, FL 32514
University Pines (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 4 days

Red Tag Special! Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by February 28th. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of University Pines

Independent Living Reviews for University Pines

November 05, 2019

By Terry

I took a tour of University Pines. The staff was very nice, it was quite pleasant, but I want to be closer to family. The rooms were fine, in a very good shape, not spacious, but livable, and the dining area looked very clean. They have yoga, and an exercise program for movement.

August 24, 2019

By Brian

My father moved into University Pines and so far our experience has been fine; it's been great. His room there is good; it's better than where he came from. They have on-site physical therapy, 24/7 caretakers, and they have various activities all day every day. He loves the food. I would rate it a five.

June 25, 2019

By Alan

We were treated well at University Pines. They were under a lot of repairs at the time. It felt more like a dated hotel room. The staff member was great and did a good job of showing us just about everything that they had. They had exercise equipment, rooms to read in, and rooms to go watch TV with other people. The dining hall was very nice. The place was just a little bit dated. Everybody was very nice and very kind.

August 29, 2018

By Vistor0804

University Pines is a smaller, clean community. The fact that there were several stories deterred us, because mother is afraid of heights and won't go up the stairs. They had a different kind of setup for a community room, with areas where people can listen to music. I think it's kind of neat because music is very good for dementia patients. They had a larger number of little apartments, but they were smaller than the other community I visited. The rooms were not spacious enough, and they're independent living only. Everything was painted and not in disrepair or had any signs of neglect. The buildings were well kept. The staff was professional.

Hi there, we're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at University Pines. We appreciate all feedback we receive, it allows us to improve for our residents. If you and your family, do have any questions, please let us know.

February 25, 2018

By Anne

We visited University Pines. They had all kinds of activities, like painting, plus there's a library, exercise room, television, and all kinds of get-togethers. The meals were OK, but we also had a wonderful holiday meal. They had everything for amenities, a beautiful area to park in, lots of space for visitors, and a beautiful front porch.

May 08, 2017

By Reviewer412371

Mom is at University Pines, and that’s where she wanted to stay because it's been really good for her. She gets her regular meals, and she interacts with people on a daily basis. I've eaten several meals with her, and it's all been good. Mom's room is very clean but small with a single bed and a living room. It is maintained, they provide the laundry service, and they vacuum the carpet. She's pleased with the place.

February 09, 2017

By Catherine048065

University Pines is an excellent facility. The staff was nice, very helpful, and very knowledgeable. They seemed to have a good relationship with all the people living there. They knew everyone by first name. They seemed like warm, genuine people. They serve three meals a day. They had numerous activities. They have a trail that goes all the way around the facility so you can go walk. You can have a pet there, and there are places to walk your pet outside. They have day trips as well. You schedule ahead of time, and they have shuttles to get you to doctor’s appointments.

January 02, 2017

By Caring RO

University Pines was probably the most active with staff-led programs at the time we were there than any of the places we visited. It is called independent living, but to us it was like a step between independent and assisted. It is not really independent and not really assisted. For example, none of apartments had full kitchens, and we are not ready for that yet. It was a very lovely campus, and the people who were there were obviously very happy and very engaged. They had an exercise corner with two or three pieces of equipment.

December 30, 2016

By Ray277083

University Pines and its location were very good, and the staff was very nice. It’s a little expensive, though.

November 25, 2016

By Zygmond

The visit I had at University Pines was nice. The people were nice, but it seemed a little gloomy. I looked at a studio, and it was fine. The residents looked fine, but the place looked a little subdued.

May 10, 2016

By JohnIPVXA

My parents have been in the University Pines for three weeks now. They love it. The staff is very accommodating. The food and everything so far has been excellent. I do not have any issues whatsoever. I will recommend it.

March 28, 2016

By Charlene26

University Pines was clean and very pretty. The staff was very nice and very friendly. My main complaints about it were that it did not have a pool, and I did not like the food. It was very bland. I asked for baked potato, but it was cooked in a microwave, which I detest because it made it gummy. They had a couple of choices for each meal, but they were all just very bland. However, the rooms were very nice.

December 21, 2015

By Dixie8

We visited and enjoyed University Pines. The staff was very nice, very informative, and very helpful. The rooms we saw were very nice and loacted conveniently near the dining area. I thought it was very good. They also have a workout room.

August 31, 2015

I just walked in, and there were little scooters and little wheelchairs and everything else going all over the place. There were lots of people and lots of activities going on. They had their little veterans' wall and veterans' meetings. Everything looked absolutely wonderful, and the rooms looked wonderful. University Pines is where I would put my in-laws.

August 14, 2015

The apartments were small and had an air-conditioner in the middle of the living room. The staff was nice and friendly. Some of the activities were OK, but most of the residents at University Pines were older than what I was looking for. They had transportation to places, and they did have other activities that were going on in the community. It was an open dining room with a one-time meal service. Everybody ate at the same time, and they did have options there. However, the people that were there didn't seem to bother.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. While we may not have been the perfect fit for you at this time, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this feedback. Thank you

August 05, 2015

University Pines only had independent living, and it was expensive. The staff was very nice. I liked the marketing director. She was a delightful lady. They showed us an apartment, and it was very nice. It was also adequate. We had a meal there, and I liked it.

May 15, 2015

By Dot8

Our experience with University Pines is good. The grounds are very nice. They have activities like karaoke. They have church, and they do bingo. My sister is in the retirement community there. There is a hospital nearby. Everything is wonderful in the whole place.

February 09, 2015

By Kelly19

University Pines is nice and spacious. It looks like a good place to where my dad could move in to. It is bit of a community of his peers. They had shared with us a couple of the one-bedrooms that was vacated at the time. They shared with us that they were taking some of the residents to the Blue Angels show during that time. They shared some of the activities they have available for the men like a billiards area. They encourage the men to meet there. They have a TV area that is separate, and they have a weight room too. They are really good and nice.

August 28, 2014

By Russell8

The one I visited was University Pines and it was a nice place. The only problem that I would have is that it’s located on a very busy street, but it's also nice because the hospital is just right across. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating.

August 27, 2014

By Sandra92348550

I found University Pines very clean. It appeared to be well-run. They had a variety of different facilities available as far as studios and a one or two-bedroom apartments. It had an all-inclusive, with three meals a day in the dining room. The thing that impressed me most was that they had ground floor rooms with direct access to the outside and that is important for me. They had just about any activity you could want. They have a list of probably a dozen different activities every day. They do have outings and transportation available for shopping or doctors' appointments. They have medical people that come in regularly to do blood pressure checks, exercises classes, and things like that. They also have a poetry club, a pool table, a TV room, and a beauty parlor. The staff was very friendly and very, very nice. The atmosphere was more like a very nice hotel. My mother was in a nursing home and there were definitely sick people there, but this was just individual people who were independent, but not completely on their own anymore. Other than the fact that it was along a busy highway, it really was almost walking distance to a shopping area. They actually invited me to a luau yesterday and the food was good, tasty, and well prepared.

June 26, 2014

I am living at University Pines, and its fine. There is not a thing wrong, but maybe they could have better food. This place is very good. The rooms are fine. We have all kinds of activities, like bingo and bowling. They allow pets, and that is also the reason why I chose this place.

June 17, 2014

University Pines was very active and social. It didn't appear to be a nursing home-type setting. The rooms have different sizes. They have a very small all-in-one type room, and then they have one a little bit bigger. It's still one room, but it has a lot more space in it, and then they have rooms for couples. The staff is very friendly, open, welcoming. They have a big calendar that they print every month. There are probably 8 to 10 activities for people to choose from every day. They have different trips during the week, and they have people that come in to entertain. They have all different types of games and activities for the residents every day. I visited my mother several times, and they give them options for different things. It's not just one thing that they have to eat. It's very good. They have several chefs that work, and they alternate, so it's very good. The dining area is like a restaurant, so she can mingle, and it's very open. I think the best thing for her is the social activities. She's able to get out and meet people. She likes it.

March 26, 2014

By Marion10

The rooms are really nice at the University Pines. They clean the rooms once a week and they do light housekeeping. They also do your laundry. They do have activities done within the facility and they also do outside trips.

September 29, 2013

By Bobby4

We visited University Pine and it's a nice place. We did not get really familiar with the staff, but they seemed okay. We didn't spend much time there, but I can say that the apartments are adequate and that's all I can say.

September 15, 2013

By Rebecca2828

I looked at University Pines and it's a very nice place. I liked it whole lot. The staff were very nice. I was very pleased with this facility. The food was fine. They have a lot of activities going on. They have good exercise program and they also have a lady come in to do flower arranging.

January 30, 2013

By caring0124113

In my opinion, University Pines has become a training place. They're bringing in other people that have to be trained. They also make the staff work too hard without any extra help coming in to train people. And we are not getting the attention and not getting the service. They are understaffed. We had good management a year ago or so. I've been here over a year and a half and I was hoping to spend my next 10 years. But the way the University Pines is looking and has been and its maintenance, we'll never be here for another five years. This place needs a complete overhaul of the building. They don't even have maintenance to try to fix chairs, so they throw them in the garbage, which I think is not right.

Hello, thank you for your review. We regret to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your experience at our community and are confident this does not represent our community as a whole. We understand that many personnel changes and restructuring have occurred since your experience at our community and we hope to get a second chance to show you how great our leadership is. Thank you

Costs for University Pines

Photos of University Pines

Services and Amenities of University Pines

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About University Pines

University Pines is located in Pensacola, FL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to University Pines for a visit...and stay!

Map of University Pines