The Rose Garden of Orlando Orlando, FL

Reviews of The Rose Garden of Orlando

Assisted Living Reviews for The Rose Garden of Orlando

October 21, 2016

By Dani270707

Plantation Oaks offers robust amenities, and the staff is very courteous, empathetic, and accommodating. My grandmother's room is very spacious and updated -- which is very much appreciated -- and offers the comfort of home, and it's very affordable. The facility overall is dated and lacks some updating, and there are a couple of cleanliness issues overall, but nothing too severe.

October 10, 2016

By Steven588732

I went to Plantation Oaks. It was good, but it was a little farther from downtown of what I was looking for. I think the people were great. I think they have done a nice job of rehabing what used to be an old hotel. It had a lot of nice features. The rooms were a good size. It wasn’t my first choice, but it would have been a good choice for a lot of people.

January 31, 2016

By Sharon114945350

My mother’s only been in Plantation Oaks for less than a week, and I wanted to give her a little time to make sure she did OK. They were very kind, reasonably priced, and it was convenient. The room was a nice size, had its own bathroom, it was convenient to what she needed, so it’s good. They had all kinds of activities.

November 24, 2015

By anonymous116662850

We ended up at Plantations Oaks, which was an absolutely wonderful place. Everybody was very caring and attentive and took time to be with the residents. It’s clean, happy, and bright. The rooms were spacious, big, clean, and updated.

October 27, 2015

By Cynthia114822950

I like Plantation Oaks. They have enough workers to assist the elderly that live there. They have activities so they don’t just sit around and watch television. Every time I go there, they have my mom doing something different. She seems very happy, not like the other places in which she always wanted to leave. I think the staff takes a lot of time with residents, and I like that. Their rates are not high like the rest of the places here in Orlando. I don’t have anything negative to say about them.

June 18, 2015

By Dan37

We actually selected Plantation Oaks senior living for my mother, but she passed away last week. Every bit of care and support we got there was fantastic from the director way down to the individual who cleans the house and does the laundry. I could not have asked for anything better for my mother -- the care, the personal touch, and the way they knew her name. They knew our names very quickly into her moving in. Their attention to details and the discussion points that they had with us when we had to switch her over from independent to assisted living, the nursing staff and the CNAs were all very informative. They reached out to us with any type of questions, concerns, considerations, and recommendations. They did not wait for us to track them down. They were very proactive, very kind, and very helpful in every aspect that we could have asked and then some. They were coming to us with things that we did not think of that we weren't prepared for, and they brought it to our attention. They not only brought it to our attention, but they gave their recommendation on how we should follow up and make sure this is done by the doctors, by the hospice, by the staff. She had a one bedroom, and the space was fantastic.

December 13, 2014

By Daughter/mom/giver

Plantation Oaks Senior Living was excellent. I liked it a lot; they were very attentive to stuff. Each person had their own private room. The rooms are really nice and spacious, and you could decorate it the way you want. I had the food there. It was good food, really nice menu options, and really tasty soups. They can improve on the activities a little, bit but other than that, they were OK on the memory care unit specifically. They have enough space, but they do go out of the facility and visit places.

October 10, 2014

We’re very happy with Plantation Oaks. The rooms are very nice. The location is a bit difficult to get in and out of because it’s in a very high traffic area in Orlando. The staff has been excellent. Dad seems to be eating very well.

October 28, 2013

By coolpajim

Very nice facility at a reasonable rate. I highly recommend it.

August 28, 2013

They have studio and one bedroom apartments for assisted living. For independent living, they have big studios and one bedroom apartments. The staff are very knowledgeable and cordial. At the dining room they have menus like the restaurant. They have physical therapy, a big pool, a movie theater room, games, happy hour and much more.

July 25, 2013

By McKenna1

I was at Plantation several times and everyone there was super nice. The place is clean. The people are friendly. The residents seemed happy. They have a lot of activities planned and they seemed that they actually follow through with them. They have different variety of activities.

July 10, 2013

By Aileen17

Plantation Oaks was a very beautiful place. It's open; there are rooms for artwork, a library and a beauty parlor. It's more like a hotel. There's a long hallway with beautiful flowers looking over the highway. I was happy that mother didn't have to share a room. The staff was very accommodating.

June 08, 2013

By Cher3

We placed my mom in Plantation Oaks. The facility is absolutely fabulous. I feel very safe with her there. I lived about 300 miles away from her, so I don't get to see her everyday, but every time I talk to her on the phone, she is happy and loves it there. Also she got her medication monitored and have three meals a day. Though she'll need to leave her room to go down and have them. They have a menu everyday but if she doesn't want something on the menu, they are happy to make whatever she wants. She also got help bathing. She has also made a lot of friends there.

Independent Living Reviews for The Rose Garden of Orlando

March 20, 2014

By LovelyLady0000054

My father lived in Plantation Oaks for about a week. It was close to my house, they were very nice on the phone and willing to help us make the move. The rooms were nice, he has his own suite with a little kitchenette. It had a fairly nice bathroom. We placed our own furniture there. It was okay for a while, but it wasn’t working out for my dad and he left. There wasn’t enough activities for them. I walked in, and there were people in chairs sleeping because there’s nothing for them to do. Also, what made me mad about it was I gave dad a deposit which was non-refundable and I understood that, but I also gave him a month’s rent to go with it. I tried to call them back and they said they would call back, but they didn’t, and when I called them again they gave me a run-around.

January 30, 2014

By Linda76569450

Plantation Oaks was good. They have independent and assisted living. They had an option of apartments that didn't have access to the outside. I did see a one-bedroom apartment that had a porch screened-in and a back porch screened-in. It also had a full kitchen. This apartment faces the pool, which was nice. The residents were very active and moving around. They just looked like alive. They came up and talked to me. They were just very friendly and open about any information that I wanted. I was impressed with the residents there. The staff that assisted me was very friendly too. They were super nice. They showed me the whole facility.

August 27, 2013

By Caring ES1

I stayed in Plantation Oaks before. It was much nicer there. The price was much less than other facilities. They had many activities. Food and housekeeping was also better.

July 31, 2013

By IK

Plantation Oaks was a motel converted into an independent living facility. The restaurant was very good and the staff was great. However, I really didn't like it because it still felt like a motel and it was expensive.

May 30, 2013

By Shawn2

When I first went to Plantation Oaks, they were very nice. They showed me and my brother around and they made a plan for my mom to come and visit. We had lunch there, but she was in a really bad mood that day. She refused to eat and she didn't want to move into anywhere. But they were very nice to my mom, and by the time lunch was over my mom had eaten and was laughing and joking with them. It seemed like a really nice place. We met the owner. The owner said that mom will do fine there and he didn't see any problem at all. So we gave them the $2,000 deposit and even gave $500 extra because mom wanted her apartment painted a certain color and she wanted some wallpaper put out. I had already got the movers and everything all set up. Then three days before her move in date, they gave me a call and said that mom made up stories so they could not let her move in. I was floored. And they refused to give us our deposit back because they said it's a non-refundable. But I wasn't the one that backed out, they did.

Questions about The Rose Garden of Orlando

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Rose Garden of Orlando. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The Average age is 80 years old and the residents prosper in a very independent environment with huge common areas and over-sized apartments. Great Activities and Food as well...!!

What programs or activities does The Rose Garden of Orlando offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Contact us and we can email the Monthly Activity Calendars

What places are near The Rose Garden of Orlando or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There are many restaurants and a huge Mall very close by The Rose Garden

What transportation services does The Rose Garden of Orlando offer to assisted living residents?

There is a community vehicle that transports our residents to shopping, doctor's appointments, outings, and more!

What makes the chef or dining program at The Rose Garden of Orlando exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The Food is Excellent and much like a great hotel

What safety features or security measures does The Rose Garden of Orlando offer to assisted living residents?

The community is locked at 7pm and has on-site staff 24 hours a day.

How does The Rose Garden of Orlando keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Via email and phone calls

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Rose Garden of Orlando during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our staff ratios are far in excess of state regulations

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Huge Common Areas on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Floors; feels like a Hotel

Describe the neighborhood around The Rose Garden of Orlando. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Business District

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8:1

• Licenses: Assisted Living Facility - Standard License
  • State Licenses: #12300

About The Rose Garden of Orlando

The Rose Garden of Orlando is located in south Orlando and offers the best in Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care residences.

At Plantation Oaks Senior Living we strive to make our residents as comfortable as possible by providing a relaxing, stress-free environment. Our variety of senior living options allow you to spend less time taking care of things and more time enjoying life.

Included in the monthly rates are three delicious meals served restaurant style, snacks, weekly housekeeping, weekly laundry services, electric, individual air conditioning units, cable, scheduled transportation and plenty of activities!

Our community is owed by Greg and Judith Morris whose mission is to provide a home-like environment to all our residents.

Map of The Rose Garden of Orlando