Encore at Avalon Park

Reviews of Encore at Avalon Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Encore at Avalon Park

September 13, 2016

By Robin884342

Encore at Avalon Park was very clean and lovely. The rooms were small and would not allow the resident to put her own stuff. It has nice seating areas. They have different nice activities like cocktail hours, choirs coming in from the neighboring schools, movie nights, bingo, parties, karaoke, and billiards. It was a lovely place. Each of the floors was set up exactly the same to give their residents a feel of community. The people were very nice.

February 15, 2016

By Frank B1

My mother-in law had tremendous care at Encore. They were just excellent. It’s a brand-new facility, so it's as clean as can be and absolutely beautiful. The staff is very friendly. They have activities all day long to keep them active and entertained.

August 27, 2015

By Caring112201250

I have assigned my mother to go at Encore At Avalon Park. It is brand new. It is nice and clean. It seems to be a well-staffed community. We had a meal, and my mother enjoyed it. Encore At Avalon Park just looks like a good fit for us. They have an activity director that tries to keep them busy just with getting them out of their rooms and socializing with one another. They have jigsaw puzzles and trivia days, and they take them out on a bus for lunches. The facility has been opened for one or two years now, but the room my mother is going to be going into, she is the first tenant in that room, so it is brand new. It is designed at the latest and greatest disability requirements. It looks like a very, very nice. I hope it turned out that way.

June 19, 2015

I want to start off saying that this review is based on my first hand experience. I witnessed/experienced these things personally. Both of my parents had Alzheimer’s but were in early to mid stages. My siblings I thought it would be best to move them closer to me since their impairments were beginning to effect their daily life and safety. They had some health issues, as most 80-something’s do, but remained active. We looked at several assisted living places before deciding on encore. We loved the concept of Avalon park with the range of young and old all together living within the whole of the community. Encore was brand new (opening in January of the year we moved my parents in) and had a great concept of building layout. We were made promises of my parents care. When we moved them in, every promise they made was broken. Even when I asked for services, such as transitioning, mental health, etc., these requests were denied or ignored. Even though I had been asking for services and had previously informed them of developing health issues, they blamed me saying I didn’t follow through or didn’t let them know (blaming me was confirmed by other doctor’s offices when doctors office said they have been waiting for the forms they repeatedly asked encore for and encore said it was my fault paperwork wasn’t done even though dr office had forms I initially filled out). When my mother would be in the hospital (4 times in 3 months!), my dad would go looking for her, usually at the reception desk. He did leave a few times but he stated that it was to look for mom or myself because he couldn’t remember where we were. There was a purpose to him leaving so it wasn’t just him wondering off. I got a call out of the blue that my parents needed to go to memory care ASAP. I was only given 1 days notice to get them moved. Even though they moved 2 floors down, encore offered zero help with the move and I had to hire a moving company. Before we moved them to encore, I was told my parents could keep their cats if they ever had to go to memory care. They caught me at the door as I was leaving from moving them to memory care saying they couldn’t keep them. One of the times mom was in the hospital, the hospital recommended putting her on hospice. Encore knew about it but never told me! Found this out when I called hospital social worker. My mother lost weight while at encore. Though she had always been tiny, she went from 82 lbs to 66 lbs in 3 months. They were suppose to help her by making sure she ate and give her high calorie shakes. They did not do it! I was also told that when they went to memory care, there would be more activities for them to participate in. They did not encourage my parents to join any activities and let them sit in their rooms all day. Mom would get bruises all over her. One even looked like fingers. Encore told me people with poor nutrition get bruises like that. My parents hated being there but I chalked it up to them wanting to go back to the home they had for over 50 years. I should have listened to their complaints! The atmosphere with staff was stressed and moral was low. This showed in their job performance and in the care of residents. Many of the management staff and even the doctor were gone less than a year after encore opened. A place down the street from my house finally opened and I signed a contract with other place the day it opened. Couldn’t get my parents out of encore fast enough! When I did their room’s final walk through and was leaving, a staff member told me “I’m sorry they are leaving but they are finally going to get the care they need.” The new place did more for my parents in 2 hours than encore did in 3 months! Unfortunately my mother passed away 6 days after moving to new place. No matter what the new place tried, they couldn’t undo the damage. I hope encore has cleaned up their act and other families do not have to go through what my family did. Wish I could give encore negative stars!

February 05, 2015

By Sunshine18

This facility is top notch! From the staff, to the amentities, and facility itself! It is brand new, the entrance is beautiful, with a lovely front desk reception welcoming with a smile. There is 24 hour nursing care. All the nursing managers and nurses are kind, compassionate, and sincere. Encore truly outdid themselves when selecting their nursing department! They are by far the best choice for Assisted Living and Memory Care.

Memory Care Reviews for Encore at Avalon Park

February 14, 2016

Encore, the actual building, is beautiful and is set up very nicely. My parents moved in mid-July and we moved them out early November. Encore was aware of the situation regarding my parents and no transitional support was given. We asked multiple times for services and they were not provided. Promises that were made were not followed through with and my parents rapidly declined. You can feel tension in the atmosphere and it effects the residents care. I wish I could give this place negative stars!!!

September 29, 2015

By caring3686

Encore was brand new and nice looking. The apartments were beautiful and carpeted. They took me to their room; there is a small partition between a bathroom and the room. They never got back to me ,and that was very unprofessional. I think the people that worked there need to have a little more compassion.

February 03, 2015

By Mary smile

Facility is very nice; people seem nice. They are selective in what type of dementia pros they take.

We are regulated by the Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA) for admission criteria for all of our admissions. We are required to follow those guidelines for admission criteria.

See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Costs for Encore at Avalon Park

Photos of Encore at Avalon Park

Services and Amenities of Encore at Avalon Park

• Fee Structure Extra: $1400 Level Of Care In Memory Care

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.
  • Housing Extra: 90 Apartments

• Pool

• Occupational Therapy

About Encore at Avalon Park

The Encore philosophy of assisted living is to provide personalized, resident-centered care in order to meet individual preferences and needs. At Encore all residents are treated with dignity and respect, provided privacy and encouraged in their independence and freedom of choice. Residents’ family members and friends are encouraged to get involved in the assisted living community.

The assisted living apartments at Encore at Avalon Park are fully equipped for the comfort of our residents, including a private bath, a cable TV, a generously sized closet and more, all wrapped up in our customizable, fine interior furnishings.

We also offer:

• Medication management
  • A 24-hour emergency call system
  • A European style kitchenette
  • Daily trash removal and spot cleaning
  • Individually controlled heating and air conditioning in every apartment

While no one has yet figured out how to cure Alzheimer’s disease or even stop its progress, we can help individuals with Alzheimer’s related memory impairment to live useful, active lives for a longer time and continue to interact positively with their families and neighbors.

Our Approach to Memory Care:

Most importantly for the families of loved ones suffering from Alzheimer’s or other memory impairments, our residents’ families feel they can trust our staff to provide compassion, care and a high standard of living. We go above and beyond being a “facility” and instead strive to form a community. By surrounding our residents with more than just the basics of an elderly care facility, we create a sense of home and completeness.

On our property, we have:

• Shops
  • 16 miles of biking/walking trails
  • Parks
  • Ball fields
  • Pools with cabanas at the center of each neighborhood village

Map of Encore at Avalon Park